Next Last
smh

Tuskegee, AL

#44 May 8, 2013
My prayers for both boys family
love1another

Meridian, MS

#45 May 8, 2013
As a mother I would like to say Please don't take one day for granted cause who knows when it will be the last. Love your kids with all your heart...kiss them and tell them how special they are.
sad

Montezuma, GA

#46 May 9, 2013
Does anyone know what funeral home and when there is a service?
ccMom

Douglas, GA

#47 May 9, 2013
The viewing for Thomas Walden is Friday at Sims Funeral Home from 6-9. The funeral is Saturday at First Baptist Church of Nichols, not sure the time. This info comes from my son, a fellow NJROTC Officer and friend of Thomas.
Informed

Gray, GA

#48 May 9, 2013
The funeral is at 2:00
Kara

Douglas, GA

#49 May 9, 2013
love1another wrote:
As a mother I would like to say Please don't take one day for granted cause who knows when it will be the last. Love your kids with all your heart...kiss them and tell them how special they are.
Amen
parent

Athens, GA

#50 May 10, 2013
got this from the ROTC facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/chsrotc

The viewing for Cadet Walden is tomorrow from 6-9 at Sims Funeral Home and the funeral will be Saturday at The Nicholls Baptist Church at 2. NJROTC has to be there at 1. The bus will leave the high school at 12:30. Cadets need to be in NSU or the t-shirt we are selling if they have turned their uniform in already.
justa browsin

Moultrie, GA

#51 May 11, 2013
Prayers n thoughts to family n friends. I would not want this 2 happen 2 anyone.
Just READ the Paper

Byron, GA

#53 May 13, 2013
WEll if you guys would read the news paper, ya'l would know more.. Thomas's gun accidentally fired, he was not trying to kill himself. before that rumor gets out of control too..
I Did Read the Paper

Douglas, GA

#54 May 13, 2013
The Douglas Enterprise says it is still under investigation. It states that they are unsure if it was suicide or accidental. It also states that they do not suspect foul play. What paper were you reading that states something different?
amanda jo

Columbus, GA

#55 May 13, 2013
How does a gun go off aimed at ones self by accident? Why did he have the gun pointed at himself?
GRACE

Douglas, GA

#56 May 13, 2013
FIRST OF ALL I THINK THE NEWSPAPER SHOULDVE NEVER COMMENTED THAT THE CRIME LAB IS STILL UNSURE OF SUICIDE OR ACCIDENT..THEY SHOULDVE SAID THE INVESTIGATION IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME...PERIOD!
HE TRIPPED AND THE GUN WENT OFF..HE WAS GOING UP STAIRS TO HIS HOUSE..SO THAT SHOULD EXPLAIN HOW IT HAPPEND..WE NECVER READ IN THE PAPER HOW MANY SUICIDES THERE REALLY IS IN COFFEE COUNTY AND MANY OTHER AREAS..ITS REALLY NONE OF ANYONES BUSINESS EVEN IF HE DID..MOST FUNERAL OBITS USUALLY SAY WHO PASSED FOLLOWED BY "A BRIEF ILLNESS" THIS HORRIBLE ACCIDENT TOUCHED MY HEART, ALTHOUGH I DIDNT SEE THIS BOY IN MANY YEARS..HE WAS KIN TO MY KIDS THRU MARRIAGE..SO TAKE SOME CONSIDERATION THAT THIS FAMILY IS MOURNING A HORRIBLE ACCIDENT...SAY A PRAYER INSTEAD OF WONDERING WHAT HAPPEND ..THOMAS HAD GOO GOALS IN LIFE AND HE WILL BE MISSED BY MANY..IMAGINE HIS MOTHERS HEART HAVING TO BURY HER SON THE DAY BEFORE MOTHERS DAY..PLEASE DONT LET RUMOURS FLY AROUND..IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, AND THEY WILL MOURN IN THIER OWN WAY <3
Just Asking

Douglas, GA

#57 May 13, 2013
How do you know "he" had the gun pointed at himself?
Just Saying

Douglas, GA

#58 May 13, 2013
So true Grace. If they do not know what happened they need to just leave it at that. His mother is hurting but also his father too. He was loved by many.
GRACE

Douglas, GA

#59 May 13, 2013
HE DIDNT HAVE THE GUN POINTED AT HIM SELF..HE WAS GOING UP THE STAIRS AND TRIPPED..IM NOT SURE, I GUESS THE BUCK OF THE GUN HIT THE LOWER STEP,,HE WAS HOT IN THE RIB CAGE
amanda jo

Columbus, GA

#60 May 13, 2013
Easy I was just curious how the gun went off by accident I mean what's wrong with the safety? I've been through suicide and accidental death I know exactly how hard it is but talking about it here isn't hurting his family unless they are reading it, most likely they are not im sure his parents are too busy grieving to be on topix
Praying for the family

Elko, GA

#61 May 13, 2013
According to those who knew him, he was very safety-conscious whenever guns were involved. Also according to my source, he was found on the ground outside by his mother, and he was still alive. The shot entered his body in the lower ribs and went up into his chest. The trajectory of the shot was low to high. Perhaps he had leaned the gun against something and it fell over and fired. I have heard of that happening before. They don't know how long he had been lying there bleeding when she found him. He made it to the hospital alive, but died there. He bled to death. I don't think anyone knows exactly what happened.

Even really careful people have accidents occassionally.
Coffee Mommy

Alma, GA

#62 May 13, 2013
Praying for the family wrote:
According to those who knew him, he was very safety-conscious whenever guns were involved. Also according to my source, he was found on the ground outside by his mother, and he was still alive. The shot entered his body in the lower ribs and went up into his chest. The trajectory of the shot was low to high. Perhaps he had leaned the gun against something and it fell over and fired. I have heard of that happening before. They don't know how long he had been lying there bleeding when she found him. He made it to the hospital alive, but died there. He bled to death. I don't think anyone knows exactly what happened.
Even really careful people have accidents occassionally.
Everyone needs to leave this thread alone and let the family grieve. Take it from someone who was on the scene, Thomas passed away long before his mother arrived at home. He never made it to the hospital. Now please let this family heal and stop bickering back and forth. It was a horrible accident and he will be greatly missed.
Truth

Byron, GA

#63 May 14, 2013
GRACE wrote:
FIRST OF ALL I THINK THE NEWSPAPER SHOULDVE NEVER COMMENTED THAT THE CRIME LAB IS STILL UNSURE OF SUICIDE OR ACCIDENT..THEY SHOULDVE SAID THE INVESTIGATION IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME...PERIOD!
HE TRIPPED AND THE GUN WENT OFF..HE WAS GOING UP STAIRS TO HIS HOUSE..SO THAT SHOULD EXPLAIN HOW IT HAPPEND..WE NECVER READ IN THE PAPER HOW MANY SUICIDES THERE REALLY IS IN COFFEE COUNTY AND MANY OTHER AREAS..ITS REALLY NONE OF ANYONES BUSINESS EVEN IF HE DID..MOST FUNERAL OBITS USUALLY SAY WHO PASSED FOLLOWED BY "A BRIEF ILLNESS" THIS HORRIBLE ACCIDENT TOUCHED MY HEART, ALTHOUGH I DIDNT SEE THIS BOY IN MANY YEARS..HE WAS KIN TO MY KIDS THRU MARRIAGE..SO TAKE SOME CONSIDERATION THAT THIS FAMILY IS MOURNING A HORRIBLE ACCIDENT...SAY A PRAYER INSTEAD OF WONDERING WHAT HAPPEND ..THOMAS HAD GOO GOALS IN LIFE AND HE WILL BE MISSED BY MANY..IMAGINE HIS MOTHERS HEART HAVING TO BURY HER SON THE DAY BEFORE MOTHERS DAY..PLEASE DONT LET RUMOURS FLY AROUND..IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, AND THEY WILL MOURN IN THIER OWN WAY <3

You are right, a few years ago they did the same thing, when greg killed hisself, He passed follwing a breif illness! But everyone already knew what happened, bc some of the first responders spred the story before his body was even out of his house! I think this city is falling to peices!
Be real

Douglas, GA

#64 May 14, 2013
There is no way this young man took his own life. I could tell from talking to him that he knew what he wanted out of life. He knew where he was going and knew what goals he had set for himself. He was not depressed in the slightest and to say something so disgusting is sad and not a good judge of his character. Thomas is not the sort of young man that would have taken his own life. I pray for his family, he was a great young man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kaci rebecca roberson 48 min looking in 20
Peaches gentlemen club 7 hr Lol baby 14
double murder 8 hr whoa nelly 7
info on cheap dentures (Jan '10) 13 hr Linda 94
Fun Place 21 hr as usual 2
Wal-Mart Distribution 21 hr as usual 4
Bear Creek Trailer Park (Feb '13) Mon sissy Jane 3

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance