MSO4

Villa Rica, GA

#62 Aug 16, 2011
Karma wrote:
GA Girlie... Please check ur resources... He did murdered a man in 1972... He left a lady as I believe Susie Q described as a pastor's wife 1st husband.. She was left to raise 4 small children with the youngest only a year old so NO these people DO NOT have him confused.. I know this for a fact... And no he didn't serve prison time he stayed in the county jail for approximate 5 years.... But this wasn't the only man he killed...
Wow! Just goes to show that things take care of themselves, interesting!
MSO4

Villa Rica, GA

#63 Aug 16, 2011
AIN T GOD GREAT wrote:
<quoted text>
HE MURDERED TWO MEN IN THE 70'S AND 80'S AND GOT AWAY WITH BOTH. FOUND SOME BODY TOUGHER THAN HIM THIS TIME
Sounds like someone took revenge on this old man.
WantU2No

Ocilla, GA

#64 Aug 16, 2011
Karma wrote:
GA Girlie... Please check ur resources... He did murdered a man in 1972... He left a lady as I believe Susie Q described as a pastor's wife 1st husband.. She was left to raise 4 small children with the youngest only a year old so NO these people DO NOT have him confused.. I know this for a fact... And no he didn't serve prison time he stayed in the county jail for approximate 5 years.... But this wasn't the only man he killed...
Karma - I think you are exactly right. I don't remember the year or the # of children. I do remember that all of her children were very young, almost babies. Yes, she is now married to a preacher. And no, we are not confused! These people should do some checking before being so critical of other's postings. By the way, who was sheriff at the time?
WantU2No

Ocilla, GA

#65 Aug 16, 2011
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt that, especially in Coffee County.
You got it!!!
WantU2No

Ocilla, GA

#66 Aug 16, 2011
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like someone took revenge on this old man.
Sounds like he deserved it!!!

Since: Aug 11

United States

#67 Aug 16, 2011
Karma wrote:
GA Girlie... Please check ur resources... He did murdered a man in 1972... He left a lady as I believe Susie Q described as a pastor's wife 1st husband.. She was left to raise 4 small children with the youngest only a year old so NO these people DO NOT have him confused.. I know this for a fact... And no he didn't serve prison time he stayed in the county jail for approximate 5 years.... But this wasn't the only man he killed...
Ah well, do tell then...share the info. So who all exactly did he kill? You mentioned him killing more than one...who were they, and how many of them did he kill, and how did he kill them? Did the murders take place in Douglas? I think we'd all like to hear what you know about all this.

Now, the man you mentioned him killing was a "pastor's wife's 1st husband". So was she married to the 1st husband when he was killed, or was she a divorcee married to a pastor when her ex-husband was killed?

Susie Q was saying he went to prison, but you say she's wrong and he served 5 years in the county jail. I wonder what the special circumstances were that allowed him to be in the county jail since jails are specifically for prisoners awaiting trial or trial verdicts, or people who are convicted of misdemeanors, not felonies such as murder, manslaughter, or even negligent homicide. Also, jails differ from prisons in that the maximum period of time served by a prisoner in jail is only 1 year. What exactly happened that allowed him to circumvent all these rules?

So I'm guessing you actually knew Mr. Fussell? What was he like, and how did you know him?
WantU2No

Ocilla, GA

#68 Aug 16, 2011
The "now pastor's wife" was married to the man that was killed by Hately Fussell. Let me say this another way: The lady with the small children, when her husband was murdered by Hately Fussell, is now married to a pastor.

Since: Apr 11

Gainesville, GA

#69 Aug 16, 2011
Can anyone just give me a name of someone ANYONE that he has killed ?? If this is all true there has to be a record somewhere.
Marilyn Rish

Concord, NC

#70 Aug 17, 2011
Lesley wrote:
<quoted text>
I
so agree but wonder where we could research it at. Just a story worth investigating. Who's to say that what went around didn't come back around. Maybe a son or daughter. You never know. This is Coffee County and we have so many unsolved mysteries that it's worth checking into. There are so many hidden secrets in this community.
**Has anyone ever read the book Blind Obedience ? It's about a family up around the river, Might I add names that you will know. The father killed the whole family next door. Children and all.***
I never mentioned any names and tis was about a completely different incident. I think you have me confused with someone else..
None of the Hulett Or Kinnetts Killed him. we turnedit over to the lord many years ago. as bad as we disliked him we all still know how hischidren must feel.even if it was bitter sweet for us to know he died as he lived.Now to all who have called and wondered if I had put anythingon here ya know now I have. as to what he did it shouldbein Print in old newspapers and court court paper he shot Tom Kinnett in Nov. of 1972 and was tried in 1973 and a year latter rode by where my sister worked 3 times to make sure we all knew he was a free man again to go murder somebody else a few years latter...HE DIED AS HE LIVED
old timer

Gainesville, GA

#71 Aug 17, 2011
did this man live in coffee county?????

Since: Apr 11

Gainesville, GA

#72 Aug 17, 2011
Marilyn Rish wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the Hulett Or Kinnetts Killed him. we turnedit over to the lord many years ago. as bad as we disliked him we all still know how hischidren must feel.even if it was bitter sweet for us to know he died as he lived.Now to all who have called and wondered if I had put anythingon here ya know now I have. as to what he did it shouldbein Print in old newspapers and court court paper he shot Tom Kinnett in Nov. of 1972 and was tried in 1973 and a year latter rode by where my sister worked 3 times to make sure we all knew he was a free man again to go murder somebody else a few years latter...HE DIED AS HE LIVED
Thanks, I truly believe there is a story in this and closure too~!
MSO4

Villa Rica, GA

#73 Aug 17, 2011
It's a sad story. Morally, regardless of how bad we have been wronged it's not our place to take revenge, it's the Lord's. Maybe this man changed his life and just maybe he asked for forgiveness for what he's been accused of. Two wrongs don't make a right! Now if whoever did this evil act can lay down at night with no remorse, they are truly God's enemy as well as all of the other unsolved murderers roaming around. Times are evil and human life is not valued anymore if it ever has been. Just try to remember the ones left behind because truth is, words do hurt and you can't take them back after they fall from your lips or in this case, fingertips. Have an incredible day and focus on the positive things happening around you.
yyyyyyou-too

Donnellson, IA

#74 Aug 17, 2011
oooo so it was true he killed someone???we heard that..you know if you live by a sword you die by one...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#75 Aug 17, 2011
MSO4 wrote:
It's a sad story. Morally, regardless of how bad we have been wronged it's not our place to take revenge, it's the Lord's. Maybe this man changed his life and just maybe he asked for forgiveness for what he's been accused of. Two wrongs don't make a right! Now if whoever did this evil act can lay down at night with no remorse, they are truly God's enemy as well as all of the other unsolved murderers roaming around. Times are evil and human life is not valued anymore if it ever has been. Just try to remember the ones left behind because truth is, words do hurt and you can't take them back after they fall from your lips or in this case, fingertips. Have an incredible day and focus on the positive things happening around you.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have & it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you & them anyway.
MSO4

Villa Rica, GA

#76 Aug 17, 2011
stardust4u wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have & it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you & them anyway.
Exactly!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#77 Aug 17, 2011
If you can't sleep at night, if you can't get something off of your mind, heart or soul then just maybe you need to make the wrongs, right. As far as I am concerned, God forgives daily.. and he won't let up on you until you have righted your wrong.. I myself have no trouble going to bed at night even though I am missing something in my life right now. I have said my peace, done my will and kept an open heart to the Lord with communications to God directly. I have laid faith in his hands and his mercy has given me peace.
Hope, faith and love brings peace so clearly.. so stop worrying about everyone else and trying to justify your actions.. and start living for the Lord. You will be amazed at how much rest you will get.
Marilyn Rish

Dawson, GA

#78 Aug 17, 2011
WantU2No wrote:
<quoted text>Karma - I think you are exactly right. I don't remember the year or the # of children. I do remember that all of her children were very young, almost babies. Yes, she is now married to a preacher. And no, we are not confused! These people should do some checking before being so critical of other's postings. By the way, who was sheriff at the time?
LEWIS SAPP
tender words

Hogansville, GA

#79 Aug 17, 2011
stardust4u wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have & it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you & them anyway.
Beautiful!
okk

Fitzgerald, GA

#80 Aug 17, 2011
tender words wrote:
<quoted text> Beautiful!
agree the above post from stardust was quite eloquent.
SammieSue

Ocilla, GA

#81 Aug 17, 2011
Marilyn Rish wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the Hulett Or Kinnetts Killed him. we turnedit over to the lord many years ago. as bad as we disliked him we all still know how hischidren must feel.even if it was bitter sweet for us to know he died as he lived.Now to all who have called and wondered if I had put anythingon here ya know now I have. as to what he did it shouldbein Print in old newspapers and court court paper he shot Tom Kinnett in Nov. of 1972 and was tried in 1973 and a year latter rode by where my sister worked 3 times to make sure we all knew he was a free man again to go murder somebody else a few years latter...HE DIED AS HE LIVED
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shrooms (Apr '11) 56 min peace 5
teacher at freshman campus 1 hr doubter 65
magic number 1 hr doubter 25
Andreaysergio Cruzmartinez is a thief 1 hr doubter 12
Tech School 1 hr doubter 6
Publix 1 hr doubter 7
Douglas city manger 5 hr no name 6
More from around the web

Douglas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]