??? what do you mean
just sayin

Kittanning, PA

#3 May 21, 2010
spill it.
maggy

Ocilla, GA

#4 May 21, 2010
It seems that everyone up there is gone crazy. They are always cutting up, you know they arenít very professional anymore. The girls in the front act like they are about 12 years old. Honey ,darling all the men that comes in there.
bitchplease

Jasper, FL

#5 May 21, 2010
hey - that is true Maggy. they told my 3 year old little boy the SAME thing! honey, baby, sweetie, cutie & darling. it's just southern charm, sweetie ; )
maggy

Ocilla, GA

#6 May 21, 2010
Yes but is not charming to do that to married men. I didn't charm me a bit.
jess hears the word

Ocilla, GA

#7 May 21, 2010
I'm with you Maggy! I was to impressed when they babied my husand and I was standing behind him, I just they didn't think we was together.
for goodness sake

Flowery Branch, GA

#8 May 21, 2010
jess hears the word wrote:
I'm with you Maggy! I was to impressed when they babied my husand and I was standing behind him, I just they didn't think we was together.
Would rather someone be nasty to you or nice to you . You people can't be happy if you went in there and they taken down to you then you would pee and moan about that.
yay

Ocilla, GA

#9 May 21, 2010
do tell
jess hears the word

Ocilla, GA

#10 May 21, 2010
for goodness sake wrote:
<quoted text>
Would rather someone be nasty to you or nice to you . You people can't be happy if you went in there and they taken down to you then you would pee and moan about that.
I want the to be respectful and business like not calling my husband baby!
iron horse

Clemmons, NC

#11 May 21, 2010
Something to think about; If men were working in an office and called female customers honey, darling, sugar, baby, cupcake etc. it would be sexual harassment. If this is truly happening in this office management needs to "nip it in the bud". There is a way to be friendly without flirting and the conduct of the employees should always be professional and respectful of the customer as well as the customer being respectful of the employees. I know we are southerns and it is common for us to use terms of endearment and not think twice. But, in an office a grandmother calling someone honey or sweetie is different from a younger woman using the same language when addressing a male. JMHO
just sayin

Kittanning, PA

#12 May 21, 2010
^5 iron horse. Keep it professional and respectful.
momforboys

United States

#13 May 21, 2010
I guess I am different from all you other women. It does not bother me at all if some one talks to my husband like that. It is called being secure in your marriage!!
Get over it we are in the south!!
just sayin

Kathleen, GA

#14 May 21, 2010
It is unprofessional and part of the reason the south gets made fun of. I really don't appreciate the whole big doe-eyed darlin' sterotype. You can give good service without relying on your sexuality. But if they don't mind being pimped out for the farmers who am I to care. Send your husband on up there. Sandra Bullock probably didn't think she had anything to worry about either.
zinniemae

Alden, IA

#15 May 21, 2010
I am a female and it makes me uncomfortable for a female to call me honey or sweetie. I wonder in this day and age if it is a come on. I would be hostile to the idea that a clerk is using this language to my husband. This is the south and southern girls aren't above bettering themselves by capturing someone else's husband. I see it happen every day.
herdwhat

Rochelle, GA

#16 May 22, 2010
bitchplease wrote:
hey - that is true Maggy. they told my 3 year old little boy the SAME thing! honey, baby, sweetie, cutie & darling. it's just southern charm, sweetie ; )
Maybe they are just nice friendly people. I say that to the young, old, male, and female. I am not trying to flirt, just my way of being nice ad friendly. Even if you brought your dog into my office, I would probably call him or her the same thing. As far as not being professional or whatever the other person said, I feel differently about that. I had a lot rather go into an office and they are laughing and being friendly than being a sour puss. I am a lot more pleased with the attitude now than a few years ago. A good laugh and smile never hurt anyone. Don't you know that laughter is the best medicine. Besides, they might have a customer that they are the only ones that have been nice to them today. As long as they are tending to your business for you and not rude, smile, be friendly, and be happy! GREAT GOING FARM BUREAU BUNCH!!!!
herdwhat

Rochelle, GA

#17 May 22, 2010
momforboys wrote:
I guess I am different from all you other women. It does not bother me at all if some one talks to my husband like that. It is called being secure in your marriage!!
Get over it we are in the south!!
RIGHT ON! I AGREE 100%. Some people just don't understand that some people are just that way. They don't think a thing about someone using sweet words. Wonder how many times those griping people say sweet things to their childtren or spouse. If you say those sweet things to your children and spouse, little ladies and sweet gentlemen, babies, etc.; it just becomes a habit to say those things to everyone. Got to go! Got a baby to feed.

Since: Feb 10

Gainesville, GA

#18 May 22, 2010
herdwhat wrote:
<quoted text>RIGHT ON! I AGREE 100%. Some people just don't understand that some people are just that way. They don't think a thing about someone using sweet words. Wonder how many times those griping people say sweet things to their childtren or spouse. If you say those sweet things to your children and spouse, little ladies and sweet gentlemen, babies, etc.; it just becomes a habit to say those things to everyone. Got to go! Got a baby to feed.
Me too--I have a bad habit of saying -Honey or baby especially to young ladies--I mean absolutely nothing sexual of derogatory about it it, is just a habit and sometimes I catch myself and apoogize to them and most say it's alright they are use to it..It
is better than saying some of the other things I have heard them called...I think most know when a man or woman is hitting on someone and when that are just being nice--It makes us old mean men feel good to be called something sweet by even a stranger--after 39 years of mariage I have been called about everything you can name,,,,LOL.....If you are that insecure about your husbend/wife---keep them at home--I have never been that jealous and neither has my wife---would not live under those conditions...JMO...Jack Have a great day......and weekend

Since: Feb 10

Gainesville, GA

#19 May 22, 2010
sorry for the double post-- computer has not had it's java this morning..Jack
Question

Ocilla, GA

#20 May 22, 2010
Is this really worthy of a thread? Seems kind of silly to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Douglas Lowe's Employee arrested 17 hr Pooty 9
Who is paying the best prices for pecans in thi... (Nov '11) 22 hr shonda 9
Doris Worrell Murder Case (Nov '11) Sat Justice 462
Big Dans Army Surplus (Sep '10) Fri Friend of Both 39
New Trojan (Band) Cards Fri RamblerMtrs 1
Ki Murray Fri rats 9
4 bdrm got rent our rent to own (Jul '12) Sep 21 frances123 42

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance