by stander

Alturas, FL

#21 Jul 19, 2011
Coffee Co Born and Bred wrote:
<quoted text>No it is not from the county office (No Battle Axes on this one)... I believe that the first you will see of this is a letter from your State Senator Goggans and it is my understanding that there will a follow-up letter in tomorrow's paper from Rep Sims.

They both represent Coffee County! They have nothing at stake at the BOE!
Of course they are both ties to local politcs! Doesnt that borderline micromanaging from the state level? Is it legal for them to have such a strong say in local governance? What happened to democracy?
conservative taxpayer

United States

#22 Jul 19, 2011
All coffee countians are georgians, not all georgians are coffee countians, they just wish they could be.
Old Lady

Mount Pleasant, IA

#23 Jul 20, 2011
It is my opinion that the BOE should wait to name a superintendent until AFTER the SACS meeting!
SouthGADawg

Lawrenceville, GA

#24 Jul 20, 2011
There is not another SACS meeting to until the fall. Hiring a Supt is one of the items on the SACS to do list.

There is a State Board Hearing next week.
audience member

Wellington, AL

#25 Jul 20, 2011
Old Lady wrote:
It is my opinion that the BOE should wait to name a superintendent until AFTER the SACS meeting!
I think they should strongly consider one of the other many qualified applicants since these two finalists have caused such commotion.
just wondering

Ford City, PA

#26 Jul 20, 2011
audience member wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they should strongly consider one of the other many qualified applicants since these two finalists have caused such commotion.
In complete agreement!
SouthGADawg

Lawrenceville, GA

#27 Jul 20, 2011
I do not think that either candidate caused commotion.

The two finalist were totally different.

The required 14 day period for the community to look at each candidate has taken the place. The community has had the ability to give their input to the BOE.

Today it is time for the BOE to take that input...evaluate it and make a selection from the two finalist.
teacher123

Flowery Branch, GA

#28 Jul 20, 2011
Both candidates are very well qualified and would be great for Coffee County!! Dr. Mosely has a great amount of experience and oh yea, he used to be a coach, so don't think he doesn't want the athletic program on track!! And Dr. Leis would bring some "guts" to the table. He doesn't mind getting rid of people!! So let's get behind whoever the board chooses and welcome them to CC like we should!! Good luck to both!!
MOUTH

Oglethorpe, GA

#29 Jul 20, 2011
SouthGaDawg: I am delighted that you know so much about education and the process of selecting a school supt.! It appears that you have a handle on everything that is going on, except for one thing, all the community has not spoken! We choose who our representatives are, and expect them to serve our children. If you aren't satisfied with the job they are doing, then vote them out the next election. No way, should you dictate to them on how to do their job. I think that is how this BOE got in trouble to begin with. They take the advice of a selected few, act on it and then take the heat for all the harm that it does! Your knowledge of the BOE, the supt. candidates, seems to surpass everyone else'. Surely you know the supt., does not hire, he only recommends, so, if the govenor removes this board, you and your group will be putting pressure on the board he puts in place! We will never get out of probation, and will most likely loose accreditation, because of the little handful that wants to control everything in cc.
Amazed by Stupidity

Alma, GA

#30 Jul 20, 2011
Well said "Mouth" . Why tar and feather this board. This has been going on 25 years that I know about.
SouthGADawg

Lawrenceville, GA

#31 Jul 20, 2011
I did not create the 14 day rule. It is a state rule that the community has time to review the finalist and give their input. It is the same thing as an election -- some people choose to go to the polls and cast their vote....other people never bother to make it to the polls and cast a vote. The point is that they had the opportunity. The same with the 14 day rule.

I don't have a group. However, if it comes to replacing the BOE...then I think the Governor will look to two people for recommendations -- our State Senator and State Representative. Hopefully, it will not get to that step. I am in hope that this BOE will get the other 4 requirements left as in progress with SACS.
get real

Fitzgerald, GA

#32 Jul 20, 2011
Our problems WILL NOT go away until the board members are replaced.

Since: May 10

Moultrie, GA

#33 Jul 20, 2011
Our problems will not go away until the ignorance of the citizens in our county is cured. But, you must pursue education to cure ignorance and we are only guilty of pursuing a sports state championship of some sort that probally will never happen.
Coffee Co Born and Bred

Columbus, GA

#34 Jul 20, 2011
get real wrote:
Maybe they will not. However, I would hope that the BOE now understands its role.

SACS comes back in DEC.... the State Board might defer now to the Dec date to make a recommendation.

The State Board does have the right to recommend to the Gov to place all or some of the BOE members.

Remember the Gov does not have to take the recommendation of the State Board... He can make and executive decision above them.

It shall be interesting.. may what is best for our county be the path chosen...not what is politically correct!
disgusted

Flowery Branch, GA

#35 Jul 20, 2011
get real wrote:
our problems will not go away until the PEOPLE change.
trojanman

Flowery Branch, GA

#36 Jul 20, 2011
get real wrote:
Our problems would be a lot less if people like you would shut the hell up!!

Since: Jul 11

United States

#37 Jul 21, 2011
Well said. Now that we have "the man" that the clubbers wanted lets all pull together and make sure that he is well recieved. I just hope that he can get his guy from Fitzgerald to come lead us to the promised land, just like he did in Wayne County. No wait. He just told our friends in Jesup that he could get him to come. hmmmmmmm. Maybe the Touchdown Club can come up with enough money to get coach they want. I mean, come on folks, winning football games is the most important thing in the world!!!!!!
Drop Out

Oglethorpe, GA

#38 Jul 21, 2011
Just heard that we is going to git us a nu corach. I can't wait to git to the field and see usin beat Valdostee. That big ole high school was built just for usins to git a good football team. Thanks to GW, he pushed hard to git it. It took a lot of money to git it builted and nobody keared about what went on inside. Teachers tried hard, but things were centered around that ole leather football. Couln't make the team, couln't learn, so I drop out! Don't like hauling garbage, but it beats going hongry. Pay that corach lots of money, we needs to beat Valdostee, make ole GW dream come true!

Since: Jul 11

United States

#39 Jul 21, 2011
Drop Out wrote:
Just heard that we is going to git us a nu corach. I can't wait to git to the field and see usin beat Valdostee. That big ole high school was built just for usins to git a good football team. Thanks to GW, he pushed hard to git it. It took a lot of money to git it builted and nobody keared about what went on inside. Teachers tried hard, but things were centered around that ole leather football. Couln't make the team, couln't learn, so I drop out! Don't like hauling garbage, but it beats going hongry. Pay that corach lots of money, we needs to beat Valdostee, make ole GW dream come true!
Drop out-

I am on board with you! Who cares about silly stuff like subject-verb agreement or God forbid... Algebra!!!!! What we need is to focus on the really important things, like football!! I am soooooo exicted about even the possibility of beating Valdosta or Lowndes that I am going to have to make a special trip to Douglas and eat at least a dozen doughnuts from Holt's just to calm my nerves. But enough about me, lemme make sure I got this straight. I am just a #%@t-kicking ole country boy but are you insinuating that the Clubbers had an agenda for getting this super with the HOPE that he might could presuade a certain football coach to grace us with his presence? Maybe a coach from a neighboring county?? Well put me in a dress and call me sally!!!! I would of never thought of such a thing. Always remember what granny used to say, " Just cause a cat has kittens in the oven, it dont make em biscuits."
Mouth

Oglethorpe, GA

#40 Jul 21, 2011
Right on NorthCoffee! Keep posting and have a great day! Gotta move, grass is growing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Douglas BOE second highest paid in state (May '13) 1 hr Wondering 71
Big buck contest rigged!!! 1 hr On Scene 18
looking for my buddy Dennis Lytle 2 hr lol 3
officer harper 2 hr Get a life 4
AT&T/Alltel Phone Upgrades? (Oct '13) 3 hr curious 36
po boys bbq 4 hr Mr Mister 24
Honey Boo Boo -- Redneck Messiah (Oct '12) 5 hr SMH again 9
Solicitor Race 6 hr Dumb Deomcrat 12
Sharon chancey 22 hr mmmmmm 10
Douglas Dating