against the law

Perry, GA

#1 Feb 11, 2013
everybody knows that commiting suicide in georga is against the law and no money will go to family if they have life insurance. but what if the person is crazy and has papers to prove it? do the family get life insurance money then?
Gun Runner

Hamilton, OH

#2 Feb 11, 2013
against the law wrote:
everybody knows that commiting suicide in georga is against the law and no money will go to family if they have life insurance. but what if the person is crazy and has papers to prove it? do the family get life insurance money then?
Nope.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Rimersburg, PA

#3 Feb 11, 2013
You are wrong. Each life insurance policy has generally a two year waiting period before it will cover suicide. If you wait two years to do it, you are probably not going to do it.

Who are you trying to kill off by suicide and claim the life insurance? Hasn't this been tried all too lately!
Obamanator

Brandon, FL

#4 Feb 11, 2013
Wouldn't think an insurance company would write life ins on a "crazy person" just for this reason
Keep Calm and Carry On

Rimersburg, PA

#5 Feb 11, 2013
You are right there as well, which is why doing it while you are young and healthy. Some companies have insurance for people that just covers enough for burial if they are a survivor of cancer and the like. Some conditions are un-insurable.

Read your policy in the limitations section. That will tell you what they cover and don't cover.
Gun Runner

Hamilton, OH

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Keep Calm and Carry On wrote:
You are wrong. Each life insurance policy has generally a two year waiting period before it will cover suicide. If you wait two years to do it, you are probably not going to do it.
Who are you trying to kill off by suicide and claim the life insurance? Hasn't this been tried all too lately!
Bet you a chocolate covered donut you can't refer them to an insurance company that will write a life insurance policy that specifically covers suicide, suicide without an underlying cause.
against the law

Perry, GA

#7 Feb 11, 2013
i am not trying to kill off anyone... i know someone who was "fine" for years and now over the past few years has been under the care of professionals for some psych issues.. i was just wondering about the policy because the family does have a policy in effect way before this latest diagnosis... just wanted some insite on it.
Devils Advocate

Douglas, GA

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Suicide is covered in life insurance policies. Call your company and ask them. They have to pay off regardless. They may want to give you the run-around, but in the end they have to pay. If you have a life insurance policy, it must pay regardless of how the insured dies.
Policy

Fitzgerald, GA

#9 Feb 12, 2013
It solely depends on what the individual policy states. Read the policy. Some do cover suicide. Some of the policies that include a suicide have a waiting period and I personally know of one company that issued a policy with out a waiting period. That is kinda crazy in my opinion though. Some policies do not cover a suicide period.
I wonder

Elko, GA

#10 Feb 12, 2013
Policy wrote:
It solely depends on what the individual policy states. Read the policy. Some do cover suicide. Some of the policies that include a suicide have a waiting period and I personally know of one company that issued a policy with out a waiting period. That is kinda crazy in my opinion though. Some policies do not cover a suicide period.
It's called a period of contestability. Some things can be contested no matter how long the policy is in force such as fraud. some contestable periods can go as long as 7 years. depends on the company.
against the law

Perry, GA

#11 Feb 12, 2013
thanks for all the input... hopefully this is not gonna be needed information...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ann Merritt Bowen Mon COME ON 7
Beware of the THIEF in Westgreen Christine Ston... Mon ken cal 25
Valerie Batten Jan 20 JLE 43
Restaurants that accept EBT (May '16) Jan 20 Edgar2e 15
Your Posting of 3 Monkeys Jan 19 Joe 1
Huddle House Jan 18 Facto 5
Confederate Flag Jan 18 seekandfind 9

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance