old lady

Moultrie, GA

#41 Jun 14, 2013
And to the true topic, Bilo is waaaaay better than save a lot. I shop there for my mom in Augusta. it's a nice store.
JRH

Douglas, GA

#42 Jun 14, 2013
I have also been to BiLo grocery stores and they are low end grocery stores. nothing like Publix or Harris Teeters. Of course, Douglas will never get a Harris Teeters or a Whole Foods. But a Publix would be wonderful! Why doesn't some of our young local entrepreneurs open a nice grocery store and sell local produce and organic foods? Guess I am dreaming!Ha

we
Gun Runner

Harrison, OH

#43 Jun 14, 2013
JRH wrote:
I have also been to BiLo grocery stores and they are low end grocery stores. nothing like Publix or Harris Teeters. Of course, Douglas will never get a Harris Teeters or a Whole Foods. But a Publix would be wonderful! Why doesn't some of our young local entrepreneurs open a nice grocery store and sell local produce and organic foods? Guess I am dreaming!Ha
we
If there were a sufficient customer see I'm sure we would already have one, however, with approximately 70% of county family incomes near the poverty line or receiving "free" government stuff, I seriously doubt we'll seen one anytime soon.
Jackie

Douglas, GA

#44 Jun 14, 2013
Dr Feelgood wrote:
Since skin color is determined by the pigment melanin, how about:
Hyper-melanin Americans and Hypo-melanin Americans?
Is that Politically Correct enough? Or, I suppose we could just
outlaw any adjectives of humans.
Maybe we should get rid of individual names too. I mean who doesn't know that Christopher Stanly Harrington, III is a white guy and Ebony Diamond Paulk is a black girl? We could just call everyone "girl" and "boy". Oh wait, that's racist too........
Check out the video someone left under Interesting Video, That should explaine everything
My Opinion

Nashville, GA

#46 Jun 14, 2013
We get low end stores because we have a low end socioeconomic class that is so large. We will continue to get those types of stores until we get better paying jobs in this community! Legal jobs that is.
so what

San Jose, CA

#47 Jun 14, 2013
JRH wrote:
I have also been to BiLo grocery stores and they are low end grocery stores. nothing like Publix or Harris Teeters. Of course, Douglas will never get a Harris Teeters or a Whole Foods. But a Publix would be wonderful! Why doesn't some of our young local entrepreneurs open a nice grocery store and sell local produce and organic foods? Guess I am dreaming!Ha

we
Haven't shopped at a Bi-Lo in over 30 years, but I the one I drove by in Vidalia looks nice on the outside. Used to shop Bi-Lo all the time before coming to Coffee Co.
KarmaBitesU

Fitzgerald, GA

#48 Jun 15, 2013
Dr Feelgood wrote:
Since skin color is determined by the pigment melanin, how about:
Hyper-melanin Americans and Hypo-melanin Americans?
Is that Politically Correct enough? Or, I suppose we could just
outlaw any adjectives of humans.
Maybe we should get rid of individual names too. I mean who doesn't know that Christopher Stanly Harrington, III is a white guy and Ebony Diamond Paulk is a black girl? We could just call everyone "girl" and "boy". Oh wait, that's racist too........
Who gives a rats a##??????? Start your own post!! This is about Bi-Lo buying Harveys!!!!
Old school

Douglas, GA

#49 Jun 15, 2013
Maybe they will clean the nasty stores
Old school

Douglas, GA

#50 Jun 15, 2013
Maybe they will clean it up
Dr Feelgood

Fitzgerald, GA

#51 Jun 15, 2013
KarmaBitesU wrote:
<quoted text>Who gives a rats a##??????? Start your own post!! This is about Bi-Lo buying Harveys!!!!
Sorry to have hit your nerve. But if you would take your cranium out of your posterior orifice, you might see that the post flows quite well with a number of other posts and was in response to those. Take 2 asprin and chase it with a chill pill.
so what

Anonymous Proxy

#52 Jun 16, 2013
Has Harvey's done away with bag boys? I haven't been in Harvey's in several months, but lady time I was there, my groceries were carried to the car.
depends

Moultrie, GA

#53 Jun 16, 2013
Depends on who you are I guess. Sometimes you can get a bagger and sometimes you won't.
My Opinion

Nashville, GA

#54 Jun 16, 2013
I've shopped at other Harvey's in neighboring towns. They were all much cleaner than both of our Harvey's, a better variety of choices, fresher produce, and had a better diversity of staff with management that was active in their jobs and not sitting on high playing on their phones. It is clear that our two Harvey's need updating/repairs, better management, and improvements in employee moral!
Phyllis

Fitzgerald, GA

#55 Jun 16, 2013
Harvey's in Ocilla is great!!
so what

San Jose, CA

#56 Jun 16, 2013
Our job pool leaves a lot to be desired in some types of jobs. You get what you pay for also. When welfare, disability checks and unemployment are more than you get working there's no incentive to better yourself for better paying jobs. Oh wait you have to pass a drug test and most Coffee County folks can't do that.
Gun Runner

Harrison, OH

#57 Jun 16, 2013
so what wrote:
Our job pool leaves a lot to be desired in some types of jobs. You get what you pay for also. When welfare, disability checks and unemployment are more than you get working there's no incentive to better yourself for better paying jobs. Oh wait you have to pass a drug test and most Coffee County folks can't do that.
If you get a "free" check or "free" stuff then you need to pass a drug test the first day of every month.

If it's free you need to pee!
Freed Up

Fitzgerald, GA

#58 Jun 16, 2013
Gun Runner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get a "free" check or "free" stuff then you need to pass a drug test the first day of every month.
If it's free you need to pee!
Abso-freakin-lutely. However, let's be more accurate. Nothing is "free" other than air (for now anyway). All the "free" stuff, was first taken from someone else. It's "free" to the recipient, but someone had the fruit of their labor taken away in order to give it. That's not "free", but rather, "thievery".

Let's change it to "If you on the dole, gotta pee in da hole".
peep

Fitzgerald, GA

#59 Jun 22, 2013
They are going to close the one downtown and open winn Dixie near hospital. Mangers may not have a job anymore everyone else will have to reapply for a job.
so what

San Jose, CA

#60 Jun 22, 2013
peep wrote:
They are going to close the one downtown and open winn Dixie near hospital. Mangers may not have a job anymore everyone else will have to reapply for a job.
I heard the one on Peterson would close but would stay open because so many customers walked to get groceries. Don't know if it wi close or not now.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#61 Jun 22, 2013
peep wrote:
They are going to close the one downtown and open winn Dixie near hospital. Mangers may not have a job anymore everyone else will have to reapply for a job.
Where is your proof on this? Back it up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to Get Greg Hurst moved Due to Stroke 4 min Penelope Posey 3
Checkers? 3 hr Another Mother 3
Real Names, childish games and the TRUTH!! 5 hr really 29
Sarah & Larry Batten 6 hr lol 2
Rec League Chamionship Rings 6 hr derrr 1
Sharon chancey 7 hr RFN-486323659 6
Tory Hutchison 7 hr RFN-486397858 3
Big buck contest rigged!!! 7 hr Preston 10
new vapor shop coming to douglas 9 hr so glad we did 18
Britts steak & seafood 13 hr food was okay ser... 66
Douglas Dating
Find my Match

Douglas Jobs

Douglas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Douglas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Douglas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]