First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gold Dust

Douglas, GA

#1 Dec 27, 2012
I have an expensive piece of 14k gold jewelry that I am considering selling. I have never sold anything to the "we buy gold" places and was wondering how they calculate what dollar amount they are willing to offer a customer. Could somebody in the know shed some light on how these places operate? BEFORE I shop around I need know.
just asking

Grinnell, IA

#2 Dec 27, 2012
Just what kind of gold is it im looking for a chain my self and will pay you what they will give you and a little more
Keep Calm and Carry On

Perry, GA

#3 Dec 27, 2012
They do not pay what your item is worth. They pay a fraction of what gold is per ounce due to the concentration of the gold in your item. You would do better to sell it on ebay for just below what you paid for it. Start the bidding at a bit below and set the reserve price. You will get more this way. Clean it well, and take good pictures. It will sell.

You can also look at similar items on ebay and get your starting price from there. It is only worth what people are willing to pay.
insider

Moultrie, GA

#4 Dec 27, 2012
Gold Dust wrote:
I have an expensive piece of 14k gold jewelry that I am considering selling. I have never sold anything to the "we buy gold" places and was wondering how they calculate what dollar amount they are willing to offer a customer. Could somebody in the know shed some light on how these places operate? BEFORE I shop around I need know.
Take it to Crawford's jewelry. He buys gold and is fair in his pricing. You don't have to sell to him if you think he's not offering the best price. He also tells you if he thinks you can get more for it by selling to an individual. I've taken several pieces to him and been quite satisfied.
Gold Dust

Douglas, GA

#5 Dec 27, 2012
Thank you so much your suggestions. It is a diamond watch with a beautiful thick 14k band. Diamonds surround the face of the watch.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Perry, GA

#6 Dec 27, 2012
You could try J Green and Company in the shopping center near the BP, Spirits, and WalMart. J Greeen is a great company to do business with, though I think you will get more for your dollar if you sell it on ebay or the news paper.
Gold Dust

Douglas, GA

#7 Dec 27, 2012
Keep Calm and Carry On wrote:
You could try J Green and Company in the shopping center near the BP, Spirits, and WalMart. J Greeen is a great company to do business with, though I think you will get more for your dollar if you sell it on ebay or the news paper.
Yes, I agree. I think Ebay is the way to go first. I don't have to sell it. I just thought since gold was so high I could probably get a fair price.
just asking

Grinnell, IA

#8 Dec 27, 2012
Gold is down right now if your selling was way more a few months back
cash

Hogansville, GA

#9 Dec 27, 2012
I buy jewelry for what it is instead of scrap prices. The gold buyers around here will give you fraction of the price for whatever scrap gold prices are at the time. If you have a price in mind please leave a email or a way of contacting about it and i will contact you
Satisfied customer

United States

#10 Dec 27, 2012
Go see Gary Crawford at Crawfords Jewelry. He pays top dollar for gold.
I r stupid

United States

#11 Dec 28, 2012
Do you have to pay taxes on gold sales?
Bobbie

Montezuma, GA

#12 Dec 28, 2012
Try Craigslist, it's free, Eay has gotten so complicated.

Meet the person thatwants to buy in public with a friend though for safety
Cici

United States

#13 Dec 29, 2012
To be honest you are better off asking for an opinion on the value rather than selling it at the local we buy gold places. I know several people who have sold their gold and have got less than half the value of the gold. For example a gold ring vauled at $99 only sold for $20. It's crazy ! This is strictly my opinion. Good luck on finding a good buyer.
4channer

Kathleen, GA

#14 Dec 30, 2012
If you want to get the most money, you would be better selling it yourself instead of selling it to a gold buyer as scrap.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Perry, GA

#15 Dec 30, 2012
They won't scrap it, but turn around and sell it as a whole piece since it has stones in it.
look

Moultrie, GA

#16 Dec 30, 2012
call rick at pawn stars he pays fair prices!
4channer

Kathleen, GA

#17 Dec 31, 2012
That totally depends on how big the stones are. If they're not large at all, they'll just go ahead and scrap it all.
insider

Kittanning, PA

#18 Dec 31, 2012
Crawford's will take the stones out and give them back to you if you're sure you want to sell.
United

Douglas, GA

#19 Dec 31, 2012
insider wrote:
Crawford's will take the stones out and give them back to you if you're sure you want to sell.
Everyone does that.

All these threads ever are are shameless plugs by these owners. If your asking where to sell the certainly isn't the place to find out. All bs
heehaw

Acworth, GA

#20 Dec 31, 2012
Douglas gold buyers across from harveys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HS board says .... we can all do whatever. No ... 5 hr mmmm 9
Nosey neighbors in Baymeadows 9 hr comeon coward 27
Who drives a newer 4 door green jeep with gas a... Fri Haha 13
April Rawlins Dec 2 aliceinwonderland 12
Dr. Steve Anderson Breast Augmentation (boob jo... (Nov '10) Dec 1 aliceintherabbithole 96
Vandal at the Courthouse Nov 30 tampa b8ter 8
Broxton Nov 29 Big 3

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages