First Prev
of 4
Next Last
burt

Douglas, GA

#1 Dec 1, 2012
the parade was nice, the best float was the guy on top of the van.
not as many trains

Perry, GA

#2 Dec 1, 2012
Not as many trains this year. Major plus.
parent

Douglas, GA

#3 Dec 1, 2012
it was good...I think Matt dancing on dixie country's van was dangerous but my kids enjoyed it. The worst part was candy crazed kids. Where I was at there was about 5 kids aged 6-10 maybe who acted like they were wild animals. Ofcourse no parents around. I am glad my kids behave and have respect. I know kids are kids but parents should watch their kids better....A couple of times I thought them kids were going to get hit.
Say What

Douglas, GA

#4 Dec 1, 2012
The parade was nice. It looked like lots of work went into the floats. Where did you sit, Parent? If you watch it close to where they have the cameras set up, it's usually not so crazy there. It's crowded, but parents are usually with their children.
parent

Douglas, GA

#5 Dec 1, 2012
I was near Holt's bakery and the funeral home. Maybe next year we can get a better spot. I actually felt bad for the kids...going that crazy over candy.
WatchingParent

Douglas, GA

#6 Dec 1, 2012
parent wrote:
I was near Holt's bakery and the funeral home. Maybe next year we can get a better spot. I actually felt bad for the kids...going that crazy over candy.
Well that's weird because that's where we sat and we didn't see any "wild kids" hmm.

Matt was definitely the best entertainment and I think Cornerstone Church had the best float.
oops

Douglas, GA

#7 Dec 1, 2012
I was in front of Sims. One little fellow in camouflage overalls almost heard from me.
JMO

Elko, GA

#8 Dec 1, 2012
It was the Christmas Parade if he was going to dance at least play Christmas music.

I liked College Ave Church's float the best.
Wow

Buena Vista, GA

#9 Dec 1, 2012
If Dixie Country isn't going to promote Country Music, then change it's name. Gangnam Style is not Country. The station needs to choose a format and stick with it.
no candy

Perry, GA

#10 Dec 1, 2012
I didn't think there was supposed to be any candy thrown? I liked the rule a few years ago that there would be no candy. Come and enjoy the parade and the hard work. It's not Halloween.
what i think

Douglas, GA

#11 Dec 1, 2012
From the looks of all the parking lots in town.I think they should of been throwing out trash bags,so people could pick up there trash.It was just awful at all the trash on the side walks.And then people wanna know why,we can not have nothing nice in this town hardley. I tell u why look at what happens when we do!!! People clean up your TRASH!!!!! Or better yet have enough RESPECT,not to be like HOG'S,in the first place!!!!!
unknown

Mount Pleasant, IA

#12 Dec 1, 2012
Where were you at not as many trains, I know at least 4 trains went by. One of them was just before the parade and 3 was during the parade. You must have went to use the restroom and nissed them all.
West green gal

Rimersburg, PA

#13 Dec 1, 2012
Did you see the float with the fireplace that worked? I can't remember the name of the float but it was good.
Misty

Rimersburg, PA

#14 Dec 1, 2012
That was Trinity Church and Saving Grace Church with the fireplace. It was a awesome float. They had every detail covered right down to the chandalere and family pictures.
hoho

Moultrie, GA

#15 Dec 1, 2012
WAS THE NEW SHERIFF THERE, OR WAS THE ONE PUT OUT THERE.
didntsee

Douglas, GA

#16 Dec 2, 2012
didnt see the sheriff, but the person dancing on top of the radio station van was the better attraction. They should forget all those silly semi trailers covered in aluminum foil and toilet paper and just have that guy. On a side note the float with the football people and the big cloud with some nerd ontop pretending to be god lol ridiculous. The dudes looked like they were ready for some jerry sanduskie action, and god looked like a pedo homo.
Say What

Douglas, GA

#17 Dec 2, 2012
I liked the float that had models of local shops on it. Who made that float? There was another one that was similar, but I mean the bigger one.
Ashamed

Douglas, GA

#18 Dec 2, 2012
Just got back from town, it's a sad site to see all the trash on the streets that the "trash" from last night left behind, drink cups, bottles and food wrappers. I would not be surprised if the mayor and city council cancel next years parade. Let's hope that no business owners from out of town travel through here today, man this town really is a smaller version of Albany !
oldgods

Douglas, GA

#19 Dec 2, 2012
why did all the people dressed up like god look like Zeus?
Grand Opinion

Fitzgerald, GA

#20 Dec 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
If Dixie Country isn't going to promote Country Music, then change it's name. Gangnam Style is not Country. The station needs to choose a format and stick with it.
Yes, it is like Dixie Country is going through a mid life crisis with a child at the helm. Give the boy some bushy hair, clown make-up, and floppy shoes, then Dixie Country can be an official one man circus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Pediatrician or Family Doctor in Do... 13 hr Lilly 1
education in pearson (Oct '16) 19 hr Lakeside 5
HS board says .... we can all do whatever. No ... (Oct '16) 19 hr Sdybdy 21
Kiala Murray Sat rats 2
Still trashy Fri just saying 73
Can anyone tell me who rents homes in the Dougl... Thu Ggt 1
Rock solid cargo trailers Aug 17 In the no 6

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance