just sayin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Evrytime I read something about this I just cry my eyes out prayer going up for everyone involved and there loved ones.
praying for you

Alma, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

To the zombie commenter, You are an ass. A two year old child has passed today, not yesterday. And to the others assuming the child was not buckled up, yes she was. Prayers for all involved, especially the family. May God comfort you.
actually

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

The child was not in a carseat. My friends father pulled her out and there wasnt a carseat. Buckling up is important, it could have prevented the sad outcome that did happen. Either way praying for the Worth and Brier family for their loss. I could not imagine.
Oh Dear Me

Adel, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

It is quite clear that if standard seat belts were safe enough for infants, toddlers, and children, the world would not have invented car and booster seats. The need would not have arisen, therefore, no one would have invented it. Even if the child was buckled up in a standard seat belt, he life was at risk, even if just running down the road a bit.

I hate when a tragedy happens and people forget to it was clearly preventable. A tragic loss does not excuse shoddy behavior. Our son died in a car wreck, boo hoo, but he was drunk off his butt and could have killed someone else as well. While the loss is bad, it too was preventable and self induced. If he killed someone else, and lived, he should be tried for vehicular homicide and punished for his shoddy behavior and get clean.

In the past two days, two mothers have knowing put their children's lives in danger with the most tragic results. You can blame God, you can blame fate, and you can blame whomever you want, but why not the person responsible. It is no doubt that loosing a child is horrid, but to be totally responsible for loosing your child because of your negligence is far more horrific. These mothers will have to live with that for the rest of their lives. They must cope for the same of their other children and learn from this catastrophic accident. Prison time is not responsible of the justice system by taking the mother from the other children, but the mothers should be on probation with community services, parenting classes, and defensive/safe driver courses. No punishment could be any greater than what they will inflict upon themselves, but this hard lesson should be learned and shared with others to hopes of preventing the loss of other children.

One fine, but fictional, example of this is Tyler Perry's Why Did I get Married. In a way, grief is its own punishment.
Curious

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

And I have yet to see anyone other than myself ask How Angel is doing. I live right down the street from them and feel horrified at the grief they must be feeling. I started to stop by again last night but there were so many people I figured Corey had his hands full. My prayers are with them both and I hope instead of throwing blame people find compassion inside somewhere to be kind to this family. They have lived down the road from me for a couple of years and this girl to my knowledge has always worked extra hard to take care of her family. If she wasn't at work she was working from home. God Bless you Angel and Corey and may he hold you tightly in his arms.
Curious

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Oops wrong topic. But the same go for these kids..
carly

Brundidge, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Oh Dear Me wrote:
It is quite clear that if standard seat belts were safe enough for infants, toddlers, and children, the world would not have invented car and booster seats. The need would not have arisen, therefore, no one would have invented it. Even if the child was buckled up in a standard seat belt, he life was at risk, even if just running down the road a bit.
I hate when a tragedy happens and people forget to it was clearly preventable. A tragic loss does not excuse shoddy behavior. Our son died in a car wreck, boo hoo, but he was drunk off his butt and could have killed someone else as well. While the loss is bad, it too was preventable and self induced. If he killed someone else, and lived, he should be tried for vehicular homicide and punished for his shoddy behavior and get clean.
In the past two days, two mothers have knowing put their children's lives in danger with the most tragic results. You can blame God, you can blame fate, and you can blame whomever you want, but why not the person responsible. It is no doubt that loosing a child is horrid, but to be totally responsible for loosing your child because of your negligence is far more horrific. These mothers will have to live with that for the rest of their lives. They must cope for the same of their other children and learn from this catastrophic accident. Prison time is not responsible of the justice system by taking the mother from the other children, but the mothers should be on probation with community services, parenting classes, and defensive/safe driver courses. No punishment could be any greater than what they will inflict upon themselves, but this hard lesson should be learned and shared with others to hopes of preventing the loss of other children.
One fine, but fictional, example of this is Tyler Perry's Why Did I get Married. In a way, grief is its own punishment.
. I agree with most of what you said but I feel like the young lady that was driving and decided she didn't need to stop at the stop sign should be held responsible for the death of this child I agree with your punishment for the mother I don't think the law can punish her anymore or any worse than she will punish herself for the rest of her life but the driver now that's a different story all together she should be arrested and charged for vehicular homicide and I hope this is a wake up call to parents and law enforcement to crack down on this
oh haha

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Oh Dear Me wrote:
I too thought about that movie ,when the first child died ,love the movie ,,PRAYERS FOR BOTH FAMILIES
PRAYERS

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

carly wrote:
<quoted text>. I agree with most of what you said but I feel like the young lady that was driving and decided she didn't need to stop at the stop sign should be held responsible for the death of this child I agree with your punishment for the mother I don't think the law can punish her anymore or any worse than she will punish herself for the rest of her life but the driver now that's a different story all together she should be arrested and charged for vehicular homicide and I hope this is a wake up call to parents and law enforcement to crack down on this
PRAYERS for the other driver ,i know this has tore him up and his faamily .
carly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

PRAYERS wrote:
<quoted text>PRAYERS for the other driver ,i know this has tore him up and his faamily .
i know i feel bad for them also cause even though they were not at fault they still have the memories of this tragedy stuck in their heads forever and the emergency responders they are amazing ppl to be able to go to these accidents and see what they see and still go back the next day to do it all over again i could not do it
Witness

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

carly wrote:
<quoted text>. I agree with most of what you said but I feel like the young lady that was driving and decided she didn't need to stop at the stop sign should be held responsible for the death of this child I agree with your punishment for the mother I don't think the law can punish her anymore or any worse than she will punish herself for the rest of her life but the driver now that's a different story all together she should be arrested and charged for vehicular homicide and I hope this is a wake up call to parents and law enforcement to crack down on this
I am the witness of the wreck, I was right behind her when it happened, and she DID stop, so know the whole story before you open that infested thing you called a mouth. You don't know what happened, I do.. and the whole thing was a accident, and yes the child WAS in the carseat and was thrown out.. and the car seat was thrown out the window 30 ft from the car and split in half, the mother and the driver have enough stuff they have to deal with then to get on here and on facebook and see this ignorant childish stuff y'all post. They already have to cope with what happened and deal with their grief, so please get the facts before you spread rumors.. ThankYah.
carly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Your story is not quiet the same as other pplLs that was at the scene or the same as law enforcements suspicions and if she was in acar seat and it was strapped in how did it fly out
Witness

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

You honestly think I could possibly know the answer to that? I just know I was there, and I saw it happen.. and I think y'all should just let it go, its pointless to sit here and pin it on someone, blaming someone.. god has a reason for everything, and he has the most beautifulest princess ever.
sam

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

I have a 2 year old. His carseat won't move an inch trust me because I had a very hard time getting it out the car a few days ago to wash. It is conected to the 3 latches in the carfor safety seats and then seatbelt through the back..
If the child was in a car seat and it was properly installed then it wouldn't have came flying out the car. My kids carseat was checked my LE. A 2 year old should be in a forward facing 5 point harness carseat. They aree not big enough yet for a tall back booster seat. I am not judging anyone. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old so when I look at them I think about the two kids that lost ther lives. I feel sorry for all the people involved.
Witness

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Listen all I did was state what I saw, and I know the driver she would NEVER go anywhere without a child in that seat. All I am trying to get across is that y'all should stop blaming them and pray for them. They will have to face this every single day of their life, and they don't need this on top of there shoulders too.
YouAreNotGod

Pell City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Not one of you has the authority to judge anyone. A family is mourning a loss of a precious child so have a little respect. You losers with nothing better to do than spew hate and judgment on others should go do what you usually do with your day like play WOW or Farmville or scream at neighborhood kids from your front porch.

You all make a bunch of assumptions about what happened and you're probably wrong. Even if you are right, IT.IS.NOT.YOUR.PLACE.TO.JUDGE.

What part of that do you simpleminded, hateful people not understand? If this was my family, I would want to find you and punch you right in your mouth. Hell, it ISN'T my family and I want to find you and punch you in your mouth. You make me sick.

Rest in peace, sweet baby and to the family, may you find peace.
Witness

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

^^ thank you.
To Be

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

YouAreNotGod wrote:
Not one of you has the authority to judge anyone. A family is mourning a loss of a precious child so have a little respect. You losers with nothing better to do than spew hate and judgment on others should go do what you usually do with your day like play WOW or Farmville or scream at neighborhood kids from your front porch.
You all make a bunch of assumptions about what happened and you're probably wrong. Even if you are right, IT.IS.NOT.YOUR.PLACE.TO.JUDGE.
What part of that do you simpleminded, hateful people not understand? If this was my family, I would want to find you and punch you right in your mouth. Hell, it ISN'T my family and I want to find you and punch you in your mouth. You make me sick.
Rest in peace, sweet baby and to the family, may you find peace.
The facts are not judgement but the truth.
Kim

Chula, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting your info? I am talking to friends of the family and they have not heard thi syet.
It was in the paper today that the little girl didnt make it! Sad thing is there was a child seat in the back seat not even buckeled in! PARENTS BUCKEL UP YOUR BABIES PERSONALLY SO YOU KNOW THEY ARE SAFE!
nana

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Worried wrote:
Does any one have any updated information the car wreck... Is the child ok? I pray the family and child are ok. Please Tell me it isn't aother child rom Broxton Mary Hayes school. They have already lost one little boy. My heart is broken from this tragic out come. I pray people will start putting seatbelts on their kids. Our childern are special, and we shouldn't think any other way.
Also, if any 0one know if they are take up money for these families where can I give, what churches?
we would like any don ations made to adalyn brier / sims fun eral home all donations are going there so we can bury her please

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Douglas Forum right now

Search the Douglas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 11 min rename 39,328
Douglas 1 hr crazy 22
obama 2 hr Patriot 14
Jobeth Thomas and Eliza Bell 3 hr stalker 29
new churchs chicken 4 hr no name 36
Tom White. (Child Molester ) 5 hr Mormon 16
John Rowe (May '11) 5 hr TTT 134
First baptist 5 hr wagging the dog 14
Johnny's pizza 22 hr think about it 44
bank robbery 22 hr Please 7
•••

Flood Watch for Coffee County was issued at April 17 at 2:24PM EDT

•••