In Memory of those lost in Haiti eart...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
iron horse

Clemmons, NC

#21 Jan 24, 2010
Courtneys facebook page is available again. They are posting the report of Courtney being found is false. They also say the most reliable source of in seems to be on twitter site.
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#22 Jan 24, 2010
i am hearing now that they think they may have found her but that the body has not been postively
identified.
i wonder why that young would have posted that.she said she had talked to matt.
my oh my

Nashville, GA

#23 Jan 24, 2010
I agree Only Me. It is a sad situation anyhow at best, and then to upset everyone all over again. I have searched all news links and listened to CNN and Fox and nothing.

Well I signed to petition to keep the search and rescue going, and hope all will do the same.

petition2congress.com

they are hoping for 5000 signatures by Monday morning. Lets all work together to pass this 5000 mark.
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#24 Jan 24, 2010
people, i am sorry that i posted that. i should have known better but the young lady said she had just talked to matt. why would she make a post like that.
cowboy

Moultrie, GA

#25 Jan 24, 2010
Courtney's boyfriend and her brother are both named Matt, if this helps with any of the mass confusion. We must pray for God's will to be done.
my oh my

Nashville, GA

#26 Jan 24, 2010
Sugarkane, no apologies needed here. I fully understand that you honestly thought you were passing along truthful info. But I knew there was nothing on Fox, CNN or other news channels I had been watching and reading up on.

I don't understand people who tell and spread right out lies. As I stated earlier, from the Lynn web page and Fox Matt was the boyfriend.

Lord we ask you to be with Franklin and Angie this day Lord as you never have before. Be with all those involved in this disaster. Comfort them Lord as only you can do.

Just keep prayers going all. Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray.
cowboy

Moultrie, GA

#27 Jan 24, 2010
Coutnry's Brother is waiting on a phone call right now from his Mother (Angie). If I hear anything, I'll post. They did find out about 5pm today that the body that had been recovered was not Courtney. There has got to be a miracle in here somewhere.
cowboy

Moultrie, GA

#28 Jan 24, 2010
Courtney's (spelling)
iron horse

Clemmons, NC

#29 Jan 24, 2010
Austen Hutto was the person who first posted on facebook Courtney had been found. Austen has since posted this was done per Mrs Angies request. If this is indeed true Austen was only trying to follow through with a request of a grieving mother. Lets us not judge until all the facts are clear. JMHO
cowboy

Moultrie, GA

#30 Jan 24, 2010
Iron Horse, that was the news that they had received. They were only reporting what they had been told and the parents were reporting what they had been told also. Such a horrific roller coaster ride for this family. No one is at fault.
iron horse

Clemmons, NC

#31 Jan 24, 2010
Cowboy, I completely agree with you. My point was I think Austen was following instructions from the family and posting the facts as was told to Austen.

Since: May 08

Athens,ga.

#32 Jan 24, 2010
This is on 11 alive website

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti -- Conflicting reports of the status of missing Lynn University student Courtney Hayes continue to come out of Haiti.

NBC News had confirmed that the body of Courtney Hayes has been found in the wreckage of the Hotel Montana in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti.

At the same time, 11Alive News spoke with Courtney's mother who said "we have no body."

Stay with 11Alive and 11Alive.com for updates and details.
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#33 Jan 24, 2010
yes, i would say its confuseing.
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#34 Jan 24, 2010
i went to walb.com , and they said RUMORS that Courtney was found are floating the air, her body has not been found..guess we will wait till the news comes on,,,lets keep on praying, the news source was wrong once when they said she was on her way home when it first occured, lets hope for the best
iron horse

Clemmons, NC

#35 Jan 24, 2010
wsj.com has an article quoting Angie, A grieving mother Port-au-Prince, title of article.
I LOVE SHOES

Ray City, GA

#36 Jan 24, 2010
iron horse wrote:
wsj.com has an article quoting Angie, A grieving mother Port-au-Prince, title of article.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274...
Heard

Moultrie, GA

#37 Jan 24, 2010
Here are a few quotes from Ms. Hayes from the acticle:

The second floor, where her daughter had a room, was so crushed it comforted her. "There wasn't enough space for her to suffer; she went quickly," said Ms. Hayes, a petite blonde woman from Douglas, Ga. She picked up another student's journal from the debris and headed to the airport with other grieving relatives and Congressman James McGovern, a Massachusetts Democrat.

I got confirmation tonight, but I knew this in my heart for ten days," Ms. Hayes said. "I have cried nonstop. I have no more tears left."

I don't think they have found her body, thinking this mother's instinct has confirmed it for her.

So sorry for this family but still praying for a miracle!
alligator

Gray, GA

#38 Jan 25, 2010
The parents, Angie & Franklin Hayes were at the Hotel Montana on Sunday. They witnessed the building and talked to rescue searchers. They have been assured they will continue the search.. Bodies have been recovered just not identified. Courtney is assumed missing not dead until the body's are identified they cannot say for sure she is dead.
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#39 Jan 25, 2010
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY PRAY COURTNEY IS O.K, LORD HEAR OUR PRAYERS...COURTNEY IS A SPUNKY LITTLE THING FROM WHAT I HEAR, I PRAY SHES JUST LOST SOMEWHERE AND WILL BE FOUND...ALIVE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Macks mini mart 441 4 hr Concerned citizens 11
Valerie Batten 21 hr Vals friend 226
foodstamps (Feb '11) 21 hr Cisco 132
possum problems in Coffee (Aug '16) Thu Itsback 5
Your Posting of 3 Monkeys Wed CuriousKat 2
Megan Swann Wed Cbj 3
Danielle Hester May 23 Ilol 4

Douglas Jobs

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages