First Prev
of 4
Next Last
hungry

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Waycross has a chick fil a, applebees, red lobster, olive garden etc....whats up with Douglas
unknown

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Jan 29, 2013
hungry wrote:
Waycross has a chick fil a, applebees, red lobster, olive garden etc....whats up with Douglas
Frances Lott
Fatboy61

Douglas, GA

#3 Jan 30, 2013
You hit the nail on th head!
hungry

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jan 30, 2013
hungry wrote:
It's all about demographics. We don't have a large enough population in the city limits.
yes

Alma, GA

#6 Jan 30, 2013
O yes we do!! I've asked this question many times and the last person I talked to was a Dr. He says that there is 1 person stopping it and that it has to do with KFC that's all I know but I'd Love to have a chic-fil-a
And

Willacoochee, GA

#7 Jan 30, 2013
The city limits must be moved further out so Douglas can grow!!
Chad

Sandersville, GA

#8 Jan 30, 2013
If moultrie can get a chick-fil-a than douglas can get one
oh come on now

Perry, GA

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Several years ago I spoke to a Chick fil a rep about Douglas. He said we don't have a large enough population within so many miles of the restaurant. I forget the numbers it's been so long ago. I asked about the Waycross unit which was in the mall at that time and he said they had the population numbers in the trade area which is more than just the county.
Seems we are in the middle of no where which if you look at a map, we are!
Chicken

Kathleen, GA

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Chick-Fil-A like many other retail chains have very strict demographic standards. They also only build a limited number of stores a year. We dont meet the standard that they use to expand. Its that simple. Nobody has a conspricy going on to keep these business' out of Douglas. Why would Frances Lott not want to rent or sell a property to a company that will pay him top dollar? KFC is in every other town that has a Chick-Fil-A also and they do just fine, besides they probably would be on opposite sides of town anyway.
People on this board crack me up with their off the wall,unresearched and ignorant rants. Get over the pettiness and work on bettering the community.
oh come on now

Perry, GA

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Chicken wrote:
Chick-Fil-A like many other retail chains have very strict demographic standards. They also only build a limited number of stores a year. We dont meet the standard that they use to expand. Its that simple. Nobody has a conspricy going on to keep these business' out of Douglas. Why would Frances Lott not want to rent or sell a property to a company that will pay him top dollar? KFC is in every other town that has a Chick-Fil-A also and they do just fine, besides they probably would be on opposite sides of town anyway.
People on this board crack me up with their off the wall,unresearched and ignorant rants. Get over the pettiness and work on bettering the community.
thank you! and you can say that again and again and again!!!!
what

Kittanning, PA

#12 Jan 30, 2013
yes wrote:
O yes we do!! I've asked this question many times and the last person I talked to was a Dr. He says that there is 1 person stopping it and that it has to do with KFC that's all I know but I'd Love to have a chic-fil-a
that would be a mr. sonny lyons
what

Kittanning, PA

#13 Jan 30, 2013
who by the way is a very nice guy!
Dirty

Douglas, GA

#14 Jan 30, 2013
We don't even have a Checkers here and there are smaller places that do
citizen

Adel, GA

#15 Jan 30, 2013
We can't even keep a Hardee's open. They have the best breakfast choices available. Douglas has had two and neither one did much business. I would rather see a Chic-Fil-A, Pop-Eyes or Hardee's instead of two BKs or three Subways.
what

Kittanning, PA

#16 Jan 30, 2013
citizen wrote:
We can't even keep a Hardee's open. They have the best breakfast choices available. Douglas has had two and neither one did much business. I would rather see a Chic-Fil-A, Pop-Eyes or Hardee's instead of two BKs or three Subways.
AMEN TO THAT! pearson, lakeland, and baxley can keeps a hardee's open!
I see it

Douglas, GA

#17 Jan 30, 2013
I can totally see Sonny Lyon's putting his feet in the way of anything that would knock him down a notch or two. (which needs to be done) Greed...
oh come on now

Perry, GA

#18 Jan 30, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN TO THAT! pearson, lakeland, and baxley can keeps a hardee's open!
but that's all they've got.
Mercury

Dawsonville, GA

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Nobody wants to open a business in Douglas after visiting.
yup

Adel, GA

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Chick-fil-A won't every come to Douglas as long as the Douglas Forum exists. Think about it. They are a very Christian oriented company and the nasty crap that is posted on here everyday is enough to keep them away.
realist

United States

#21 Jan 30, 2013
Gun Runner....what you say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question 4 hr Aliceout0fwonderland 5
Premium peanut 12 hr Builderman2013 1
Doris Worrell Murder Case (Nov '11) 20 hr Ms Johnson 463
Douglas Lowe's Employee arrested Sat Pooty 9
Who is paying the best prices for pecans in thi... (Nov '11) Sat shonda 9
Big Dans Army Surplus (Sep '10) Fri Friend of Both 39
New Trojan (Band) Cards Fri RamblerMtrs 1

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance