Searching for Upset Parents With Coffe County Board of Education and CMS

Posted in the Douglas Forum

Anonymous

Kittanning, PA

#1 Jan 19, 2013
I'm not going to put in detail what happened to my child at this school by Administrators and the SO officers. But will breifly state that how a situation was mishandled with unnecessary detainment and removal from school premises placing his/her life in jeporady without access to life threating medication he/she needs. When asked who would have been responsable neither SO officer or administrator would admit either would have been the responsiable party. Yes he/she was approaching critical if he/she did not receive their medication within the 30 minutes or so. Neither seemed concerned at all.
I will be contacting Attorney Ulice (Trey) Sauls in Atlanta with my situation who specializes in BOE Law to see if beleives there is a case for negligence against Coffee County BOE.
So I'm looking for other parents who may have had problems with our school system and you beleive your childs rights have been pushed aside. Their our children and when nobody will listen to them we have to be their voice. The Coffe County BOE needs a wake up call. They need someone to point out what policies and laws they have broken. Their word IS NOT FINAL.
just saying

Enfield, IL

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Think you left the part out of what your child did.......
oh boy

Adel, GA

#3 Jan 19, 2013
Your kid needs to behave in school.
Well

Funston, GA

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Regardless of what the child did or was believed to have done they still have the right to have their medication that is prescribed to them by a physician.
Does there need to be discipline in our schools of course but the health of the students is also a priority. If this child had died or ended up in the hospital they would have a suit against them.
You can't put a child's life in danger in the name of discipline. Convicted felons have access to their medication because regardless of what they have done they are still human.
POd Parent

Douglas, GA

#5 Jan 19, 2013
KYT wrote:
I'm not going to put in detail what happened to my child at this school by Administrators and the SO officers. But will breifly state that how a situation was mishandled with unnecessary detainment and removal from school premises placing his/her life in jeporady without access to life threating medication he/she needs. When asked who would have been responsable neither SO officer or administrator would admit either would have been the responsiable party. Yes he/she was approaching critical if he/she did not receive their medication within the 30 minutes or so. Neither seemed concerned at all.
I will be contacting Attorney Ulice (Trey) Sauls in Atlanta with my situation who specializes in BOE Law to see if beleives there is a case for negligence against Coffee County BOE.
So I'm looking for other parents who may have had problems with our school system and you beleive your childs rights have been pushed aside. Their our children and when nobody will listen to them we have to be their voice. The Coffe County BOE needs a wake up call. They need someone to point out what policies and laws they have broken. Their word IS NOT FINAL.
I think I'm going to get my own attorney and try to sue your son for interrupting the education of my children.
oh boy

Adel, GA

#6 Jan 19, 2013
Now that's what I'm talking about! Best post ever.
FactsBo

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jan 19, 2013
KYT wrote:
"removal from school premises placing his/her life in jeporady without access to life threating medication he/she needs."

>Your child does not need life threatening medication. Sounds like they did a good job removing her from the campus.
WantUToNo

Perry, GA

#8 Jan 19, 2013
KYT - If ur child has been mistreated they need to be punished. Give them Hell!
cms parent

Abbeville, GA

#9 Jan 19, 2013
Can you please give me a way to contact you ? I have a serious issue with my child and cms and administration. I have tried to fight with board regarding the situation. We have interesting case together.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Fitzgerald, GA

#10 Jan 20, 2013
KYT wrote:
1.) Such medical needs of children are kept to limited knowledge to protect the child. The admin/SRO may not have known if your child is diabetic or asthmatic. Those are the only life threatening things I can think a child may have. The child should have told someone they were in need. At that age group, children can and do make sure people know such.
2.) If your child was removed from campus by SRO, then your child must have been seriously threatening their life or the lives of other by their actions or possession of something dangerous.
3.)You can rest assured they admin/SRO have documented the incident and can provide you with such report.
4.)If your child has a history of disruptive behavior or being a danger to themselves or others, then the admin/SRO took the appropriate steps. They do try and contact the emergency contacts you listed but if they can't get a hold of someone, then they can remove the child from the school if the child is continuing to be a problem and place them in a holding type place at the CCSO until an adult comes to get them. When the school can not reach a guardian, that is a problem.
5.)If your kid has a history of lying or using their illness as an excuse, then the fault lies with the child for not informing them of the problem so they could check or crying wolf too much for people to believe them.

Your failure to lay out the situation in full or some detail to justify your actions of contacting a lawyer will warrant in people posing what I have posed. Either explain your situation or don't be shocked when we question you. Too many parents jump to the defense of a child that is not well mannered and has a history of discipline problems instead of correcting the child's behavior from the first fie years of the child's life. Too many people use children as a money maker and excuse that we might was well be back in the 1800s when child labor was going strong.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Fitzgerald, GA

#11 Jan 20, 2013
Before you blame CMS for everything wrong, remember that this point in your child's development is a highly hormonally charged period. Children are moving out of being a child and into being a teenager developing more of his/her identity, so increasing the likelihood that your child will get into trouble is good. So don't be quick to blame the school for having too many cases like this, it really is just the nature of the child at this point of development.
cms parent

Abbeville, GA

#12 Jan 20, 2013
My child wasn't in trouble. However, it was complete negligence on the part of administration of cms
Believer

Douglas, GA

#13 Jan 20, 2013
cms parent wrote:
My child wasn't in trouble. However, it was complete negligence on the part of administration of cms
Hmmm.... Your child wasn't in trouble yet, he/she had to be not only detained but removed from the school premises? To be removed they must have been a threat to self or others! If you want any advice on the situation, I suggest that you give the public a few more details. At the same time, you should remove the halo from your child's head! I have four children that I love deeply and I will always defend them when they are wronged by someone. However, I'm a realist and know that sometimes, kids screw up and do stupid things. It's part of being a kid.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Douglas, GA

#14 Jan 20, 2013
If you want an opinion, you will have to provide more details. Negligence is a wide open word open to great interpretation depending upon the situation. What you may see as negligence may not be what the law or many other people see as negligence.

Do not be surprised if more than one attorney refuses your case due to no grounds to sue upon.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Douglas, GA

#15 Jan 20, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.... Your child wasn't in trouble yet, he/she had to be not only detained but removed from the school premises? To be removed they must have been a threat to self or others! If you want any advice on the situation, I suggest that you give the public a few more details. At the same time, you should remove the halo from your child's head! I have four children that I love deeply and I will always defend them when they are wronged by someone. However, I'm a realist and know that sometimes, kids screw up and do stupid things. It's part of being a kid.
CMS Parent isn't the one complaining about her child being removed from the school by the SRO. She is just complaining of a negligence case, so she sees it.
Wow

Hoosick Falls, NY

#16 Jan 21, 2013
Coffee county education system is a joke. The best thing I ever did was move from that place. Teachers actually writes students up for trying to be cool. If you think I am making it up ask Mr. Billy Cliett. Not saying all teachers and admins are but that are enough bad apples to make glad I got away from that tree. With that said big ups to Mr. Harrell ( satilla principal ). Mr Langford or Lankford.( broxton principal ). Mr. Street ( jr high pricipal). And Mr. Billy Cliett ( broxton/ highschool principal). Y'all paddlings and talks made me a better man. I still remember each of the paddles you all broke on my backside in most cases you favorite paddle. As for as the teachers I liked they are few and in between. If most had their way I would have been in special Ed courses instead of college prep. But gotta message for Miss Murray my eighth grade math teacher. I now understand the difference between dumb and stupid. Dumb is not knowing any better. And stupid is knowing better but doing it anway as you would say. But to me i was dumb in thinking no matter cared. But just pain stupid in thinking that you didn't. Thank you so much miss Murray. Don't worry when I get home I will stop by and tell you in person. And you were the best baby sitter ever.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Moultrie, GA

#17 Jan 21, 2013
What you may be doing to "Be Cool" may be disruptive to the class. That is not cool. Yeah, teachers should discipline students that disrupt learning, so if that means you are just trying to be cool then try and do the same thing at work and see if you keep your job.

There is a big difference between special ed and college prep, so you may ought to have a long talk with your ma about why teachers wanted you in special ed...ADD maybe. You just referred to your teachers as baby sitters and not teachers. That ought to tell you something as well. Think back and see if you want your kids behaving that way and see how may boards you break over the butts.

Please do correct your grammar. English was not a strong suit. Billy Cliett is a joke as well, so using him as an example of quality is hilarious. People at the high school never knew what it was he did our there. He never did anything but sit on the line at lunch and sit in Bud Drew's office. He was a waste then and is now as a board member.
homeschooled

Douglas, GA

#18 Jan 21, 2013
pulled mine out & homeschooled....best move ever!!!!
Troll La La

Douglas, GA

#19 Jan 21, 2013
homeschooled wrote:
pulled mine out & homeschooled....best move ever!!!!
Cool. Who did Cain marry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ami Sprinkle 3 hr Smart mine 2
looking for my buddy Dennis Lytle 4 hr usofooled 7
Football's a Joke 5 hr Nathan Deal 35
Nesmith Running For State Rep Seat??? (Dec '13) 6 hr Nathan Deal 105
What are they building beside the old middle sc... 6 hr Nathan Deal 8
Real Names, childish games and the TRUTH!! 8 hr L_E_Terrell 35
Incident in Nicholls 10 hr Jane 140
What was going on at Dr. Andersons office this ... 17 hr Sue 2
Douglas Dating
Find my Match