taz

Douglas, GA

#41 Sep 12, 2012
closed for good??? that didnt last long..i didnt even get to try it out
PinkFlamingo

Douglas, GA

#42 Sep 12, 2012
OMG...it was not BAD at all...we just liked the aviance of the Fern Bank for a date night.
Just me

United States

#43 Sep 12, 2012
It was actually closed by the department of labor. Apparently the owner had been having trouble paying the staff since the first two or so weeks. I was told the employees had not recieved pay in 4 weeks and that many of their checks before that were several days late.
George

Nashville, GA

#44 Sep 12, 2012
Just me wrote:
It was actually closed by the department of labor. Apparently the owner had been having trouble paying the staff since the first two or so weeks. I was told the employees had not recieved pay in 4 weeks and that many of their checks before that were several days late.
The Dept of Labor cant do that. He might have had problems but they cant make him close. He could have stayed open and worked it himself or had his family help. They closed because they wanted to(prob. for finacial reasoons) not because they were forced to.The most the Dept of Labor could due is fine him.
Just me

United States

#45 Sep 12, 2012
Actually if investigations of wage complaints are found to be true an estbalishment can lose their business license and thereby be closed down.
George

Ford City, PA

#46 Sep 12, 2012
Just me wrote:
Actually if investigations of wage complaints are found to be true an estbalishment can lose their business license and thereby be closed down.
The guy has only been there a month or so. It takes long than that to get an appointment at the DOL. Give me a break. If those folks have not been paid in that long why in the h*ll are they still coming to work?
Just me

United States

#47 Sep 12, 2012
They aren't coming to work anymore because the place is closed, but some people do whatever they can to avoid the welfare line.as pleasant as they may have been it's not like the wait staff was the most qualified bunch, and jobs are hard to come by. They were just hoping that their employer was going to uphold his part of the worker/employer agreement. It's a situation most of us haven't been in, and it would be hard to get any quick resolution to the problem.
hmm

Cambridge, MA

#48 Sep 12, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy has only been there a month or so. It takes long than that to get an appointment at the DOL. Give me a break. If those folks have not been paid in that long why in the h*ll are they still coming to work?
A server friend that works at another place in town had told me their servers hadnt had pay checks and that was weeks ago, but as a ex server myself when your making $2.13 a hr your not going to work for that, your going to work for the tips..I do feel bad for them though, they were a nice group of girls and I had become a huge fan of their chilli..
wonder

Perry, GA

#49 Sep 12, 2012
Cars were there tonight,seen some people go in. When did they close?
huh

Herndon, VA

#50 Sep 13, 2012
They aren't closed! Somebody told a fib! lol!
George

Ashburn, GA

#51 Sep 13, 2012
They were closed yesterday!!
huh

Herndon, VA

#52 Sep 13, 2012
Ummmm.. After reading these post lastnight I called and they were open for business! Call them yourself!
scooby

Norcross, GA

#53 Sep 13, 2012
No the DOL did not close Dru's. There are some deep legal issues that required the building to be confiscated. There were issues to nonpayment but the owner has assured the employees they will get paid.
nosleep

Douglas, GA

#54 Sep 13, 2012
so are they open..or...closed??
George

Ford City, PA

#55 Sep 13, 2012
nosleep wrote:
so are they open..or...closed??
Closed. As far as why...you have to pay the bills to stay open. The employees will be lucky to get paid. He owes ALOT of people money according to some of the people that worked for him.
y

Hogansville, GA

#56 Sep 14, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>Closed. As far as why...you have to pay the bills to stay open. The employees will be lucky to get paid. He owes ALOT of people money according to some of the people that worked for him.
Where they open tonight? Anyone?
Brox Guy

Douglas, GA

#57 Sep 14, 2012
y wrote:
<quoted text>
Where they open tonight? Anyone?
I did not see any cars in their parking lot around 5:45 pm tonight.
hmmm curious

Douglas, GA

#58 Sep 14, 2012
Well i ent o go out and eat tonight ad thereis a s on the door stateing closed due to contructn.
Want to get paid

Gray, GA

#59 Sep 15, 2012
We went to work one day and the computer people came in and took our computers. Then we could not get food and kept running out of stuff that customers wanted to eat. Wed. we went to work and we were told we were closed. Worst of all we have not been paid in full since July. The owners kept telling us it was the banks fault and our money was coming and now they are telling us we will get our money but I dont trust them no more. We have all told the labor department about it and they told us we would get unemployment. I just want the money they owe us. They aint closed for constuction. They did not need to do anything to the building it just opened and was already fixed up.That sign is bull. I want to get my money and for them to tell us the real reason they did this to us.
Loppy

Douglas, GA

#60 Sep 16, 2012
I'm going out on a linb here but do you really need a reason? If so, LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION. I'm wagering the owner did not do his homework about the area of town. I can not believe a local bank would have invested in this project. If a local bank did invest, someone please post which bank so I will not make the mistake of investing with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Banklodge 33 min wow 24
Mobile Home Moving 59 min Need Advice 1
Tina kirkland 2 hr Truth 23
Chad Tucker 6 hr Not wid u get ove... 2
Bedgood Girls (Jul '12) 21 hr Jessie 10
Dog owners in BAYMEDOWS Mon Vivian 28
Wal Mart Shop Lifters Mon Michelle 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages