Barking dogs.
That guy

Byron, GA

#1 Mar 2, 2013
I live inside the city limits and have to listen to dogs bark all night. I'm completely sick of it, I really don't get how someone can let their mutt bark all f*cking night. What actions can be taken in order to get the owners to better control their dogs?
Good luck

Lithonia, GA

#2 Mar 2, 2013
Call 911 people do all the time . Will make them do something with the dog, or they can call animal control. If you can't sleep then that's disturbing the peace. I have had to do this. Some people don't care that others can't sleep,. Good luck!!! But you have to take action. Hope you get some sleep.
DogWhisperer

Douglas, GA

#3 Mar 3, 2013
Good luck wrote:
Call 911 people do all the time . Will make them do something with the dog, or they can call animal control. If you can't sleep then that's disturbing the peace. I have had to do this. Some people don't care that others can't sleep,. Good luck!!! But you have to take action. Hope you get some sleep.
Sorry, your wrong. Ain't one damn thing the police can do about a f**king dog barking. No city ordinance or state law in place that covers barking dogs. Unfortunately none of the cops are animal whisperers either. Talk to your neighbor or deal with it. That's your options.
Just Saying

Moultrie, GA

#4 Mar 3, 2013
winnie the thing
amen

Mount Pleasant, IA

#5 Mar 3, 2013
It is illegal however to kill your neighbors dog or harm it in any way. Remember that. And when that dog alerts you that someone is breaking into your car or keeps thieves out of your yard, maybe you should put some treats in the mailbox. Sounds like you need a sound machine or some noise to tend to in your own house.
Just Saying

Moultrie, GA

#6 Mar 3, 2013
Just dont tell your neighbor you killed his damn dog if he:s like some dog I know they bark all the time you wouldnt know when someone was steeling a damn thing or not winnie the damn thing
amen

Mount Pleasant, IA

#7 Mar 3, 2013
Sounds like you need to live in the country if you can't deal with barking dogs and sirens. I guess the cars are too loud too?
-lp-ok9ki

Douglas, GA

#8 Mar 3, 2013
yes it is destubing the peace after 10.30 at night and that is a georgia state law. including that booming from cars, after 10.30 you are desturbing the law. just give the dog a bowl of antifreeze with some dog food in it, that should take care of your problem.... and when the owner is standing over his barking dead dog mabey he will get the hint/////
-lp-ok9ki

Douglas, GA

#9 Mar 3, 2013
and your welcome.... that guy..
Hippy Chick

Douglas, GA

#10 Mar 3, 2013
Have you tried discussing it with the owners.. I know last couple of nights the dogs have been crazy around my neighborhood also.. I keep mine in at night.. They do enough damage during the day.. Anyways when I looked out today someone had broken into my neighbors house and I wonder if that's why they have been wild.. I know full moons they are loud but no full moon right now.. Might want to keep a close check on the break in's in your area too..
Guy

Douglas, GA

#11 Mar 3, 2013
Maybe someone will give you antifreeze, you moron! Dogs bark for a reason. Talk with your neighbor. It's their fault not the dogs. Our pets are at our mercy! Why do people have them and not take care of them? Call the humane society if talking with the neighbor doesn't work. Please don't hurt the dog!
Hmmm

Manchester, GA

#12 Mar 3, 2013
Dogs don't always bark for a reason. You also can get a ticket for a barking dog....I received one myself. $250.00.
wow

Mount Pleasant, IA

#13 Mar 3, 2013
Hippy Chick wrote:
Have you tried discussing it with the owners.. I know last couple of nights the dogs have been crazy around my neighborhood also.. I keep mine in at night.. They do enough damage during the day.. Anyways when I looked out today someone had broken into my neighbors house and I wonder if that's why they have been wild.. I know full moons they are loud but no full moon right now.. Might want to keep a close check on the break in's in your area too..
I agree, the dogs have been loud the past couple of nights. Last night in particular. The number one deterrent with a burglar is a big, loud dog.
Anon

Montezuma, GA

#14 Mar 3, 2013
Have you even tried talking to your neighbor about the dog?
Just Saying

Perry, GA

#15 Mar 4, 2013
Damn dogs bark at the moon the sun the sounds in the house.I know you cant go out and kick him in the A&& like I do mine for barking for no reason.Just make him go away the best way you can death is the best or hall his a&& to the next county over
DogWhisperer

United States

#16 Mar 4, 2013
-lp-ok9ki wrote:
yes it is destubing the peace after 10.30 at night and that is a georgia state law. including that booming from cars, after 10.30 you are desturbing the law. just give the dog a bowl of antifreeze with some dog food in it, that should take care of your problem.... and when the owner is standing over his barking dead dog mabey he will get the hint/////
Look at the Georgia code section 16-11-39 as listed in the Georgia code book for Disturbance of Peace. It goes straight to disorderly conduct. No such charge in Georgia. Know the law before you try to offer advise. Better yet tell a cop to write the dog a citation and get a conviction in court. You sound like a REAL idiot. I wish You would come on MY property and TRY to give my dogs anti-freeze.
love neighbor's dogs

Douglas, GA

#17 Mar 4, 2013
In this day and time, I need all the barking dogs around I can get. Try sleeping with a noisy fan or heater in your bedroom. A CD of soothing music or channel 502 New Age helps me. If you have a computer in bedroom you can play nature sounds off YouTube. Around the holidays you can find sound machines for sale locally because they make good gifts. I can't afford to feed my own dog so I am grateful for neighbor's barking dogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack and Rhonda Smith 24 min Holly 163
Where is Dr. Khan 25 min DoRightFamily 11
$500.00 1 hr Observer 20
Ruby Tuesday (Jul '15) 4 hr Frustrated 4
edith sheffield ( district attorney) (Mar '13) 5 hr stupidisasstupiddoes 218
Football Radio Announcers-Referees 17 hr Gun Runner 4
Dog owners in BAYMEDOWS Fri incognito 37

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance