First Prev
of 2
Next Last
need help

United States

#1 Sep 27, 2011
What do you do when you have a super not nice boss, but your boss boss has preached about following chain of command? I dont think complaining about my boss to my boss will turn out very good.
DOUGLAS

Ocilla, GA

#2 Sep 27, 2011
You are probably doing somthing wrong and your boss is frustrated with you hoping you can figure out your shortcomings for yourself. If he has to bring it up he might as well fire you. They are currently looking for your replacement!
love to

United States

#3 Sep 27, 2011
DOUGLAS wrote:
You are probably doing somthing wrong and your boss is frustrated with you hoping you can figure out your shortcomings for yourself. If he has to bring it up he might as well fire you. They are currently looking for your replacement!
Wow. I'm sure that mentality has already gotten you the big bucks! I know what need help is tslking about. I'm in a similar situation where ALL of my coworkers despise our hitlerish boss but are to scared to complain. Our customers will unfortunately reap the poor results
DOUGLAS

Ocilla, GA

#4 Sep 27, 2011
love to wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I'm sure that mentality has already gotten you the big bucks! I know what need help is tslking about. I'm in a similar situation where ALL of my coworkers despise our hitlerish boss but are to scared to complain. Our customers will unfortunately reap the poor results
That is the reason you are not the BOSS. If you do a good enough job you might be the boss. Stay late come early skip lunch to help the owner once a month. Quit smoking out back. PASS A DRUG TEST! Quit playing with your damn cell phone. Tell your friends to quit calling and stopping by. Do not commit employee theft. Simpily use common sense. I will give u a little advice. Every one else in your position is as sorry as you are so if you don't f-up u might get to keep your job.
well now

Gainesville, GA

#5 Sep 27, 2011
Let me just say this,my husband is a boss,not me nor would i ever want to be,but never would my husband ask anyone to SKIP lunch.And his workers have to pass a DRUG test before starting work!And NEVER would my husband ever want ANYONE to stay after hours and HELP him,that is why he is the BOSS!!and he allows cell phones incase some of there family needs to get in contact with them,he only asks them to keep it on vibrate!!and he welcomes all the friends to come and visit,because when they visit they shop!! he allows them to talk but not like carry on and on and on!!and no one steals from him! and u wanna know why because he is GOOD boss!! And they get 3 breaks a day and if they wanna smoke then that is there BUSINESS not his!! And last but not LEAST,he would NEVER call any of his workers SORRY!!! now have a nice day !!!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6 Sep 27, 2011
You are bound to keep your employees if you respect them and they respect you. It can not always be about what the employees owe to you. If they did not respect the job, they would not show up at all.
Some people are just NOT people persons at all and are better off not having dealings with the public in any regard. Probably a factory worker is best suited for folks who are hard to deal with in public respects or in a management authority. Does not mean they can not manage the business part, just means they should keep to themselves.
grapevine

Greenbrier, AR

#7 Sep 28, 2011
Bosses can make life miserable or enjoyable. I have a friend that teaches at the muddle school and she now hates going in to the job she always wanted and used to love.
Old lady

Grinnell, IA

#8 Sep 28, 2011
Good bosses know how to bring the best out of their employees...they use kindness and common sense, but are able to be firm when necessary.

Bad bosses are autocrats who impose strict rules and use fear to keep their employees in line. They do not even understand the concept of human kindness.

I had the good fortune of working under a good boss for several years. After she retired, I served under SEVERAL bad bosses. There are far more bad bosses than good ones.
find

Ocilla, GA

#9 Sep 28, 2011
get another job
where

Ocilla, GA

#10 Sep 28, 2011
where do you work ?
Amen

Kittanning, PA

#11 Sep 28, 2011
Old Lady, you are right. There are more bad bosses than good ones.

To the employee who made the first post: in this case jump the chain of command and report your bosses shortcomings to the next level. Don't accuse but have documented intances of abusives on the job. If necessary, resign with a letter to both your immediate boss and the next several up the chain of command. Don't bash the person, but tell instances of how and why you feel the person should not be in a management position, give constructive criticism and how and why you feel the compnay is losing money because of the persons management skills.
Amen

Kittanning, PA

#12 Sep 28, 2011
Sorry fo all the typos.
had a bad one

Cairo, GA

#13 Sep 28, 2011
let's see where to start when you go to lunch they needed you to go to bank on your time but if you can back 5 min. late you got told about it! you need to be at work 15 min. early and had to answer phone and all but could not clock in til time! one time they tried to pay salary you worked over and came in early but if you had a funeral or such you got docked!!!!! many days did not get a lunch break cause they had not made it to work but you got docked! you could not go to doctor or such on your lunch break they said you need to make appt. and leave work, i always thought i was helping them out by going on my time!!! always always raving about wanting to know about your family business and get mad if you don't talk to them about it, i always believe what is at home needed to stay at home!!!! when a friend would drop by and ask you to go to lunch you could tell the attitude would kick in and then ask you and your friend to pick them up something on your way back!!!!boy oh boy i could go on and on but i will stop. now as a person outside the office they are the best person you could know, i guess the boss postion just went to the old head.COUNT YOU BLESSING BECAUSE OTHERS HAVE THINGS WORST.
TerminateU

Villa Rica, GA

#14 Sep 28, 2011
need help wrote:
What do you do when you have a super not nice boss, but your boss boss has preached about following chain of command? I dont think complaining about my boss to my boss will turn out very good.
How did you even get a job in the first place, damn!

Since: Sep 11

Gray, GA

#15 Sep 28, 2011
Sounds like PCC to me!
Old lady

Grinnell, IA

#16 Sep 28, 2011
Amen wrote:
Old Lady, you are right. There are more bad bosses than good ones.
To the employee who made the first post: in this case jump the chain of command and report your bosses shortcomings to the next level. Don't accuse but have documented intances of abusives on the job. If necessary, resign with a letter to both your immediate boss and the next several up the chain of command. Don't bash the person, but tell instances of how and why you feel the person should not be in a management position, give constructive criticism and how and why you feel the compnay is losing money because of the persons management skills.
Thanks, Amen. But jobs are hard to come by these days. Sometimes employees have to put up with it....up to a point. It really depends on how bad this boss really is. If you feel that the boss is really over the line, collect documentation and evidence of abuses at home. Make sure that your grievances are clear vioations of rules or you won't have a leg to stand on.
I once had a boss who wanted me to do his son's college work for him. I stood up to him and refused to do it. He also wanted to use my car to go see his old girlfriend so his wife wouldn't find out. I never reported him, but karma took care of him for me. He was "relieved" of his position after six months of very erratic "bossing."

Another boss clearly did not like me for some unknown reason. She was the hair and nails type and I am not. She wrote me a letter and told me I needed to go shopping and change my "style." I wrote her back and told her she could not change in one year what my mother could not change in eighteen years. I had to put up with this one for several years. It is not much fun trying to do a good job during that time, but I still did my best...but not for her. I did it for me.

I had eight or nine different bosses over my "career."
The funny thing is, I worked the same job for 30 years. These bosses came and went like the wind.
ghosts o girlfriends past

Young Harris, GA

#17 Sep 28, 2011
You can not ask another to do what you are not willing to do yourself and get the results you want.
You can not change a persons ethics if they stand firm in their belief, however, I respect a person who is strong in enough to do so.
The space between a person willing and person who is a day dreamer is, the willing succeed and the dreamer stays a loft. So let them and do your thing and let them watch you. Let them reap your benefits. Some learn, some don't.

I once had a boss who was a very demanding and self serving boss. As long as he ran you to death without regards to your fatigue and longing to do a great service for his business because after all, I wanted the job security as much as he needed the service, he just wanted more and more while he sat in his office on the computer all day ordering anything he wanted and kicked back in his easy chair at that. He was a crude jerk knowing how proud I was to work for him yet sending in other companies to see if I would give up my job. The smerk on his face when I would turn the other companies down was that of a middle aged crisis mans who just won his sports car. When I asked why he done these things, he simply grinned with steak between his teeth and reaking of last nights burbon and said.. I was just trying to place you in a better job. The irony of it all is this boss scouted me for years. Followed me like a hawk and kept throwing job offers on the table until I finally ignored the warning that he was an ass to work for and took his offer. He even so much as called my old boss and told him of what a dis service I was to my old bosses business in order to gain my employment. TRUE STORY in-which he proved himself in front of customers, friends and family repeatedly over the last year. I love my job and even though he is a jerk, we work well together because he knows how I work and I know how he works. He makes no sense and I make no sense but together, we make enough sense to make business good. It's the craziest thing I swear to my God almighty I have ever seen in my life.
I have my first boss wanting me to come back to work for him, my prior employer giving me fringe benefits when this current boss fails to make ends meet because he comes up short in giving the raises out. My God I wish I could either get a promotion or quit altogether but as I said, I make no sense out of the other bosses I have ever had. It has nothing to do with this boss being old enough in age to be my grandpappy because he acts like he's damn 10 years old when it comes to me hurting his feelings or not agreeing with his lil escapades.
He has docked me 3 times now for HIS OWN STUPIDITY! I don't know why he even hired me and wanted me in the first place! Why he went through all he did to get me where I am is beyond me. Sad part is, if he choked on his steak, My ass would be the first one in his office saving his life!

Young Harris, GA

#18 Sep 28, 2011
and we have to replace the damn phones all the time because he breaks them into a thousand little pc's when he throws his lil hissy fits! He tears up our stuff knowing we are just gonna have to replace it when if he would just be more up front with me and straight forward, neither of us would have to put up with my second guessing and his temper! I think we are too much alike in being stubborn! Gah he drives me crazy... why no other job offer is as appealing, I have no freaking clue!

Young Harris, GA

#19 Sep 28, 2011
and did I mention that I have to teach his girlfriends how to flippin cook on top of that? He never gives me the dress code for the days work. On Christmas he knew I was pile high and had to work.. or else HIS BUSINESS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PROPERLY TAKEN CARE OF BY DEAD LINE.. he did not ask me to use the coupon I CLIPPED for HIM and a guest to go to the country club WHEN I WAS BORED AND LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO.. NO.. HE WAITED UNTIL I WAS AT WORK WITH PAYING HIS BILLS AND FILLING OUT HIS SHIPPING, RECEIVING, P/O's and INVOICES to ask me to go enjoy that country club.. knowing I HAD TO WORK!
All I ever heard was someday I will give you a raise.. or I will do better.. with his cute lil grin and eye language cause ya know what, I forgive him.. and I don't even know why! Have you ever seen the movie TWO WEEKS NOTICE? Well Im on the verge!!!

Young Harris, GA

#20 Sep 28, 2011
and when a friend offered to take me out to eat a couple of weeks ago at Willow Branch to get me out of the house, Boss Hoss texted my phone constantly acting like some kid and asking a million questions... I figured he was drunk. My friend asked me if I was going to keep my phone on and got really upset that I kept texting back.. I don't even remember what I ate there bc of that!!! hmph! I swear I don't even know if I put the milk in the cabinet or refrig. for thinking of if I am on my game or not! I hate this shit. I swear TWO WEEKS NOTICE IS OVER DUE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peaches gentlemen club 4 hr Lol baby 14
double murder 4 hr whoa nelly 7
kaci rebecca roberson 4 hr Amy W 19
info on cheap dentures (Jan '10) 10 hr Linda 94
Fun Place 18 hr as usual 2
Wal-Mart Distribution 18 hr as usual 4
Bear Creek Trailer Park (Feb '13) Mon sissy Jane 3

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance