getting tough on the schools

Posted in the Douglas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hogtie

Gray, GA

#1 Dec 4, 2012
there used to be some serious consequences for the way the kids act in school. what happened? about two years ago the principles at the high school and middle school were not tolerating this gang crap and now its everywhere you turn. My nephew says there is a gang fight almost daily at the middle school.
I know the cops and principals at the high school use to nice but they were pretty tough to the thugish idiots that I went to school with but my little brother says that things have changed and they are getting worse. These kids need to go to school and learn not be intimidated by a bunch of thugs and gangs.
Parent

United States

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Could not agree more!!!
Bea

Douglas, GA

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Please call the Board of Education and tell Leis your concerns or write a letter. CMS is not a safe place to send your children. My chidl was skipped by 10 blacks in the lunch line a few weeks ago. One skipped and then that one allowed the rest to skip. There is no supervision at all in the lunchroom and there are gang fights often. If the administrator can't do her job, she should be replaced by someone who can.
GangBonger

Ocilla, GA

#5 Dec 5, 2012
We gotta stop this horrible gang activty before out town's schools get as bad as the streets of New York City:

It's only a matter of time
agree

Douglas, GA

#6 Dec 5, 2012
My child went to live w/ his father, to allow attendance @ another school. That's how bad it is.
child PLEASE

Adel, GA

#7 Dec 5, 2012
agree wrote:
My child went to live w/ his father, to allow attendance @ another school. That's how bad it is.
Your child probably is glad to be away from YOU if this is even true
What a crock of sh*t you folks write.

My kids go to CMS and have no reports such as this.
agree

Douglas, GA

#8 Dec 5, 2012
child PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
You rude rude person. How horrible & little you are. This IS true - I'm sure there are good & bad days @ the school, but when the majority are bad? Yes, then I will remove my child from possible harms way. It's even more disgusting that young girls get sexually harrassed trying to ride a school bus, the other child that DOES live & go to school here rarely, if ever rides a bus. Now how about you stick that in your pipe & smoke it?( I am trying to refrain from stooping to your level) There was no need for harshness.
disgusting

Douglas, GA

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Leis has his head in the sand if he thinks things are running smoothly. The black thugs you are talking about seem to think they run the middle school. I say black thugs because there are white thugs too. It is a shame that your children have to put up with it or get into a fight. His kids will be in this system and he'll see that life after Indian Creek is way different. It is noted that his kids go to Indian Creek even though they do not live in the district. Maybe because that is the school with 65% white kids.
InTheKnow

Grinnell, IA

#10 Dec 5, 2012
disgusting wrote:
Leis has his head in the sand if he thinks things are running smoothly. The black thugs you are talking about seem to think they run the middle school. I say black thugs because there are white thugs too. It is a shame that your children have to put up with it or get into a fight. His kids will be in this system and he'll see that life after Indian Creek is way different. It is noted that his kids go to Indian Creek even though they do not live in the district. Maybe because that is the school with 65% white kids.
Baymeadows was in the Indian Creek district last time I checked... Next time do a little research.
The Hood

Douglas, GA

#11 Dec 5, 2012
InTheKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Baymeadows was in the Indian Creek district last time I checked... Next time do a little research.
I live in the same Hood Leis lives in - the Gold Club Area. His kid should attend Eastside Elementary School. You need to do a little research yourself!
Bea

Nashville, GA

#12 Dec 5, 2012
Leis has a child at CMS, but he may be in one of the "preferred clusters" or gifted classes which tend to have less behavior problems.
Stealth

Ford City, PA

#13 Dec 5, 2012
child PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
Its obvious your children have taken after you. Your post speeks volumes. Vociferate, all you want.
InTheKnow

Grinnell, IA

#14 Dec 5, 2012
The Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the same Hood Leis lives in - the Gold Club Area. His kid should attend Eastside Elementary School. You need to do a little research yourself!
He lives in Baymeadows. End of story.
White Pages

Nashville, GA

#15 Dec 5, 2012
White Pages shows his address as Club Drive in the Golf Club area. If he lives at Baymeadows, why doesn't it show a Baymeadows addy?
thinking

Douglas, GA

#16 Dec 5, 2012
I'm thinking in the initial move here, they lived in a house in BM. They have since moved to a home in the Golf Club. However, I don't know if they are renting or bought it.
Been There Done That

Douglas, GA

#17 Dec 5, 2012
hogtie wrote:
there used to be some serious consequences for the way the kids act in school. what happened? about two years ago the principles at the high school and middle school were not tolerating this gang crap and now its everywhere you turn. My nephew says there is a gang fight almost daily at the middle school.
I know the cops and principals at the high school use to nice but they were pretty tough to the thugish idiots that I went to school with but my little brother says that things have changed and they are getting worse. These kids need to go to school and learn not be intimidated by a bunch of thugs and gangs.
I do think some kids show up to school everyday acting like thugs, but I think "fights almost daily" is an exaggeration. Things aren't that bad, yet. I do agree completely that schools need to stop letting students dress and act like thugs. I'm all for school uniforms, but parents won't go for it because the children will whine and complain. Parents can't bare for their children to be unhappy. This includes the ones who want to dress like thugs as well as the elite.

We all know children's need to express themselves is much more important than their need to concentrate on their work and act decent. If the majority of parents want change, things will change, but admins have too big of a battle trying to change parent attitudes, and some admins think like the kids...it's more important that students be able to express their individuality than that they have structure and learn.
just wondering

Adel, GA

#18 Dec 5, 2012
InTheKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Leis doesn't live in Baymeadows.
InTheKnow

Grinnell, IA

#19 Dec 6, 2012
Yes he does. Looking at his house out my window right now.
Proof

Nashville, GA

#20 Dec 6, 2012
Go knock on his door, take a picture and post it....debate ended.
Yall

Nashville, GA

#21 Dec 6, 2012
It really doesn't matter. Most of Indian Creeks students are from out of district anyway. One more won't hurt. A little segregation never hurt anyone. Everyone in the county knows that all the white kids in Satilla's district go to the newer Indian Creek school and all of the black kids go to Satilla School. **Please denote sarcasm, with a lot of truth to it.**

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad Tucker 14 min queenbee 15
Coffee Co Cowards 7 hr lol baby 43
Tall tale? 7 hr lol baby 10
queenblabber Fri blabber buster 5
C A Chaney Fri Matt the cuz 4
Endless blabber? Fri lol baby 11
drama mama Fri lol baby 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages