First Prev
of 6
Next Last
holy crap

United States

#1 Mar 10, 2012
Does every freaking forum turn into his ??? Jesus effin christ he won't be any diff. Then the rest of them.
really

Douglas, GA

#2 Mar 10, 2012
Sounds like somebody's a little jealous of all the attention he's getting. He has so many supporters that don't mind showing their support for him. You started this, Doyle Wooten for sheriff.
cRaZy

Grinnell, IA

#3 Mar 10, 2012
I think all the candidates suck and Coffee County needs to bring someone new in that has never lived here before so all this good ole boy shit will stop. I would've vote for anyone that has to come on topix to campaign. Anyone that is voted in will get complacent in time.
jim bob

Douglas, GA

#4 Mar 10, 2012
vote joe white on election day.
WOOP WOOP

Broxton, GA

#5 Mar 10, 2012
The people supporting Doyle Wooten don't want a good Sheriff, they have one now, they want a good ole buddy that will help them out when they break the law and get caught. Jerry Pope enforces the law and does not interfere with the due process when someone gets caught. Thats why all the Wooten crooks are mad at him.
fatboy 61

Rochelle, GA

#6 Mar 10, 2012
Why not have a debate, tell us what you are going to do, and stop wasting money on all the signs, they don't impress me. I know what the one we have now is going to do. I have not heard a word out of Doyle Wooten WE don't need another Paul Hutchinson or Rob Smith.
A Crying Shame

Douglas, GA

#8 Mar 10, 2012
WOOP WOOP wrote:
The people supporting Doyle Wooten don't want a good Sheriff, they have one now, they want a good ole buddy that will help them out when they break the law and get caught. Jerry Pope enforces the law and does not interfere with the due process when someone gets caught. Thats why all the Wooten crooks are mad at him.
I just do not know if you are blind, ignorant of what goes on at the S.O., turning a deaf ear or Jerry Pope himself ! First let me start out by saying this, I have no idea what kind of Sheriff Doyle Wooten will be( after all Coffee county does not have a good track record), but for you to think that Jerry Pope enforces the law equaly and does not interfere then you are grossly mis-informed. I have personally witnessed the Sheriff change tickets, pull an arrestee from a patrol car and take him home and give orders that even a second week cadet would know is unlawful. Oh yeh, one more example...A couple of years back the S/O was the sponsor of the state traffic enforcement network monthly check points ( the huge road blocks where other surrounding agencies are involved) and the sheriff was speaking to all of the officers( city , county, other agencies and the state patrol) and made Coffee County look like a group of idiots by asking that officers overlook seat belt violations because he was tired of getting phone calls from people. I have personally been told to change a child restraint citation to a warning ! A child was standing in the front seat of the vehicle traveling on Hwy. 158 at Indian creek school in the morning during heavy traffic, had that vehicle been in an accident, even a minor one it is likely that the child would have been injured or killed. the reason he told me to change it , well the driver of the vehicle called Pope and asked him to change it because he was on probation and could not have any trouble with the law. Seems to me that if you are on probation then maybe you should obey the law, or at least love your child enough to make sure they are safe. So do not try to convince everyone on here that Pope does not do favors, because I know differently.
really

Douglas, GA

#9 Mar 10, 2012
Thank you A Crying Shame for having the guts to tell the truth.
theposse

Grinnell, IA

#10 Mar 10, 2012
AncoraImparo wrote:
Wooten sucks a big one!
DON'T FORGET TO WIPE YOUR MOUTH AND YOUR CHIN, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!
Bill

Ocilla, GA

#11 Mar 10, 2012
There is no guarantee that Wooten will not do the same thing if elected into office.
The biggest problem with Coffee County is that there is very little respect for law enforcement. So many people around here think that just because they have a certain last name or are somehow related to someone with a certain name, they don't have to abide by the laws. I'm surprised a sheriff can get anything done around here with the amount of phone calls made by people wanting something. If more people would accept responsibility for the things they do instead of always asking for special treatment, law enforcement would be respected more around here. Think about it... if someone with some influence or money in the county, or heaven forbid their perfect-angel child, gets caught breaking the law, what is the first thing they do? Call up the sheriff and ask that something be done so they don't have to deal with it. It puts the sheriff in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation. If they make a deal, word gets out that the sheriff is crooked and can be bought off and more people will expect the same treatment. If he won't make deals, his job won't last long because the "offenders" will do everything in their power to ruin the sheriff's career and personal life.
Around Coffee County, money and prestige are more important than law and order. That's the way it always has been, and that's the way it's likely always going to be. It does not matter who is in office.
SusieQ

Moultrie, GA

#12 Mar 10, 2012
Thank you Bill.This is the perfect post.The complainers are mad. I know one man who will not vote for JP because he shut down a party his son was having. Guess who called CCSO about the party? Tha mans daughter and sister to the party boy. That is a clear example of the mentality we are dealing with.

If someone other than JP is elected within a short amount of time it will be the same bull from some of the same people.
crook

Lawrenceville, GA

#13 Mar 10, 2012
WOOP WOOP wrote:
The people who are trying too hard to prove who and what they're NOT (jerry pope) are really trying too hard to hide what they so obviously ARE!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#14 Mar 10, 2012
theposse wrote:
<quoted text>
DON'T FORGET TO WIPE YOUR MOUTH AND YOUR CHIN, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!
Oh, so you're the sheep that Wooten's been pounding lately?! My bad. Didn't mean to offend shepard. I'll be praying for your ass....literally!:D

Location hidden

#15 Mar 10, 2012
*you're*

Location hidden

#16 Mar 10, 2012
your! lmao damn topix not letting me delete typos :P
theposse

Grinnell, IA

#17 Mar 10, 2012
AncoraImparo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you're the sheep that Wooten's been pounding lately?! My bad. Didn't mean to offend shepard. I'll be praying for your ass....literally!:D
Why don't you take your ass back to MEXICO and stay there, DUMBASS!
pooryou fed up

Douglas, GA

#19 Mar 10, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
There are so many comments on here about Doyle being such a good man. I guess he's alright, if he likes you, if not then tough luck. He has already shown his true colors while being a parole officer. Numerous times he used his position to garner favors from whoever needed, getting his siblings and friends out of numerous legal problems. He's already planning to employ numerous family members in jobs they are not qualified for. I'm not a Jerry Pope fan nor Joe White but at least they are'nt parading around acting all high and mighty and pretending to be so perfect as Wooten is. There is no real hope of getting an honest sheriff, but I'd surely don't want someone who acts like they are some great savior when they are just as dirty as anyone else. Check his backers and you'll see he's already bought and paid for.
Poor pitiful you! You just can't stand the fact that Doyle is hot on the trail and he ain't got crap you can stir on him so now you make up a bunch of crap to help your case. I must say, you sound desperate and pretty pitiful!
I_know

Douglas, GA

#20 Mar 10, 2012
I actually know all 3 (pope,wooten,white) on a personal level, I like them all...on a business level, i can only speak of 2 that i have had personal dealings with, Pope and White. I had business dealings with White when he was the "fill in" sheriff..had an emergency situation and, I must say, he was a pleasure to deal with, didnt seem to mind in giving our family advice or assistance with the matter. As far as Pope, my family and I have went through alot the past few years with a family member with an alcohol/substance abuse problem, a situation, im sure, MANY families can relate to....we have called Pope in the wee hours of the night, weekends, holidays,etc...he has ALWAYS returned our calls WITHIN MINUTES, if we had to leave a message at the CCSO...and before u start saying that's bcuz our family is "somebody uppidy or with a certain last name"..well, that just is not so. We dont have alot of money or a "special last name" we are just honest people that love our family member, despite the issues...Pope has went above and beyond his duties to try and assist us in every way possible (and legally, mind u), he has never made us feel like a burden and has ALWAYS kept us posted and informed about our loved one. He did some research and found our family member an awesome treatment facility--not that the county is paying for, WE ARE--but, without Pope, we would have never found this wonderful place.Now...I am not trying to push anyone to vote for one over the other, I am simply telling u from personal experience who has been satisfactory in my book...so, there is no doubt who my family will be voting for! Thanks Pope and CCSO staff for alll ur time and dedication!
Roughneck

Douglas, GA

#21 Mar 10, 2012
Its funny we disipline our children to respect others and to treat others as we would wanted to be treated. But as soon as the internet is turned on and the kids are sleeping, some people cant practice what they preach. So keep representing our county well and keep the drama going. It sells!
LOl

Cambridge, IA

#22 Mar 11, 2012
fatboy 61 wrote:
Why not have a debate, tell us what you are going to do, and stop wasting money on all the signs, they don't impress me. I know what the one we have now is going to do. I have not heard a word out of Doyle Wooten WE don't need another Paul Hutchinson or Rob Smith.
He has tried to have a debate but Jerry Pope wont have one. That is a fact!! If you know Jerry ask him to have a debate, I know Doyle will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
posting drama on serveral city forums 4 hr AliceOutofwonderland 12
more sheriff talk (Mar '15) 7 hr a perfect cop 11
I teach how to hack (Apr '13) 11 hr Anonymous 133 19
Snitch Fri Its been said 4
Ann Merritt Bowen Fri very sad 2
Douglas Lowe's Employee arrested Fri Pickle Juice 12
Candace Floyd Nov 14 Ol Boy 3

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance