Comments
1 - 20 of 72 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Livid

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

I am so disgusted with a local doctor's office. I was charged $175.00 for an office visit and charged $206.00 for blood work as a routine part of a yearly physical. I was never called or informed as to the results of the test. I went by the doctor's office to pick up a COPY of the blood work and was charged 96 cents per page! Give me a friggin break! The PRINCIPLE of this charge after all parties have been paid a total of $381.00 and I have to pony up an additional 2 bucks for the results? I was so furious so of course I fired the doctor! Has Obama care already started?
Edward

Alma, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Already in effect... get ready to see MeeMaw's and PaPaw's not given medical support to survive because they do not "contribute" to the common good of society ... Sick babies will not be given full medical support ... It's only just beginning. There are very few old-fashioned physicians that can treat patients without expensive tests that they do in-house. I want me and mine to have stress-tests and such in a facility that can handle a patient that "crashes" .
good grief

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Livid wrote:
I am so disgusted with a local doctor's office. I was charged $175.00 for an office visit and charged $206.00 for blood work as a routine part of a yearly physical. I was never called or informed as to the results of the test. I went by the doctor's office to pick up a COPY of the blood work and was charged 96 cents per page! Give me a friggin break! The PRINCIPLE of this charge after all parties have been paid a total of $381.00 and I have to pony up an additional 2 bucks for the results? I was so furious so of course I fired the doctor! Has Obama care already started?
yes to a degree and if you don't like what you just went through, the only part you MAY like when Ocare does start in earnest is the amount you pay DIRECTLY out of pocket. It'll be more than made up for in the amount of taxes you pay. and by the way if you think you don't make enough to have your taxes raised just hold on and strap in cause you ain't gonna like 2014 and on. God help us!
Mercy

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Livid wrote:
I am so disgusted with a local doctor's office. I was charged $175.00 for an office visit and charged $206.00 for blood work as a routine part of a yearly physical. I was never called or informed as to the results of the test. I went by the doctor's office to pick up a COPY of the blood work and was charged 96 cents per page! Give me a friggin break! The PRINCIPLE of this charge after all parties have been paid a total of $381.00 and I have to pony up an additional 2 bucks for the results? I was so furious so of course I fired the doctor! Has Obama care already started?
I am amazed the doctor had the balls to charge you for a copy of the test. I guess he wanted another 175 to tell you the results in an office visit.I would have fired him too.
well

Helena, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 12, 2012
 
I know what u mean. I went and had a test done at the hospital and I paid in full but 2 months later I get a bill and this bill is for the dr to read it. So I get mad and tell them to put it where the sun don't shine and they lowered it from 600 to 298. The reader of them test must have eyes of gold.
SusieQ

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Edward wrote:
Already in effect... get ready to see MeeMaw's and PaPaw's not given medical support to survive because they do not "contribute" to the common good of society ... Sick babies will not be given full medical support ... It's only just beginning. There are very few old-fashioned physicians that can treat patients without expensive tests that they do in-house. I want me and mine to have stress-tests and such in a facility that can handle a patient that "crashes" .
you can blame a lot of the unecessay testing as cya due to lawsuit my friend.
Livid

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

SusieQ wrote:
<quoted text>you can blame a lot of the unecessay testing as cya due to lawsuit my friend.
And what do you attribute the extra 2 bucks for a copy of the report? I say just plain gouging!!!
Livid

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 12, 2012
 
SusieQ wrote:
<quoted text>you can blame a lot of the unecessay testing as cya due to lawsuit my friend.
I agree!
VvV

Helena, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

You must have went to Dr Andersons office. Obama care is making the prices go up and O guess what, your dr does not have to take the ins that obama care offeres. THIS IS AMERICE DEAL WITH IT!!
well ok

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 12, 2012
 
well go to certain places in town and they charge u for using your debit/credit card for payment...co-pay at that...beats all i have seen.
Livid

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The other Douglas rip off is this 3 month bull crap. Doctors in a big city give you 6-12 months of regular meds. The A$$e$ in this town give you 3 months. When you have been on the same meds for 25 years with NO CHANGE why can't they write the script for a longer period of time? Just MORE gouging! They hide behind the "I might miss something" CRAP! Now, SQ, before you say anything I know this is more of CYA but it still makes me mad!
tired mama

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 12, 2012
 
well i called our new applecare clinic today and for paying out of pocket they want $150.00 they have a p.a. doctor.
Livid

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 12, 2012
 
tired mama wrote:
well i called our new applecare clinic today and for paying out of pocket they want $150.00 they have a p.a. doctor.
They want 150 for a PA? That is quite a rip!
PA Treatment

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

There is 1 PA in town that sees you for 45.00 you have to wait for several hours but when money is an issue you can at least be seen and treated
R U For Real

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This has nothing to do with ObamaCare.$200 is about standard for an out-of-pocket fee for a doctor's visit. If you had insuance (which will be required under ObamaCare), you would have only paid around $35 as a copay or 25% of the total...depending on how your insurance is structured.

Sorry, but the fees have been that way for at least 8 years so there's no way you can blame this on Obama. And no, ObamaCare doesn't kick in until 2014.
Livid

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

R U For Real wrote:
This has nothing to do with ObamaCare.$200 is about standard for an out-of-pocket fee for a doctor's visit. If you had insuance (which will be required under ObamaCare), you would have only paid around $35 as a copay or 25% of the total...depending on how your insurance is structured.
Sorry, but the fees have been that way for at least 8 years so there's no way you can blame this on Obama. And no, ObamaCare doesn't kick in until 2014.
You really are correct. I am just livid about Douglas doctor(s) price gouging. The funny thing is... THEY ARE NOT EVEN GOOD DOCTORS!
mitch

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

you hav to go out of douglas to see good dr everybody knows that
Edward

Alma, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

SusieQ wrote:
<quoted text>you can blame a lot of the unecessay testing as cya due to lawsuit my friend.
Not true. Lawsuits didn't make healthcare like this.
just sayin

Omega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Livid wrote:
I am so disgusted with a local doctor's office. I was charged $175.00 for an office visit and charged $206.00 for blood work as a routine part of a yearly physical. I was never called or informed as to the results of the test. I went by the doctor's office to pick up a COPY of the blood work and was charged 96 cents per page! Give me a friggin break! The PRINCIPLE of this charge after all parties have been paid a total of $381.00 and I have to pony up an additional 2 bucks for the results? I was so furious so of course I fired the doctor! Has Obama care already started?
You don't know how Obamacare works if you think that's what made it so expensive.
Oh Dear Me

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Then what explains the excessively high costs of health care and meds prior to the Health Care Affordability Act? Nothing but an uncontrolled market that does not and is not responsible to the consumer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wedding 36 min cp 7
Vyve Broadband? (Jan '14) 41 min cp 89
Ruby Tuesday 45 min cp 10
Incident in Nicholls 2 hr tuffy 102
BAYMEADOWS Armed Security On Lake 5 hr Bill at BM 254
Candace Bedgood 6 hr anyone 8
Pilgrims 9 hr Smilingholls 19
Dollar general 11 hr Gun Runner 16

Search the Douglas Forum:
•••
•••
Douglas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Douglas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Douglas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Douglas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Douglas
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••