Gutherie Motors(douglas)

Posted in the Douglas Forum

Hardworking citizen

Hawkinsville, GA

#1 May 25, 2010
Gutherie Motors in Douglas is not the car lot to buy a car from they are a very unfair buy here-pay here dealership. I advise no one to buy from them. They are not trustworthy nor are they considerate to others well-being or feelings. DON'T GO THERE TO BUY A CAR
old doc

Gainesville, GA

#2 May 25, 2010
I have had great service and price from B and D Motors.
Just Thinking

Fitzgerald, GA

#3 May 25, 2010
Razz's Auto is also a GREAT place to buy from. They have friendly people and reasonable prices.
Shadow

Cairo, GA

#4 May 25, 2010
Your best bet is to fix your credit so you don't have to buy here/pay here. They all rip you off

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 May 25, 2010
I agree with Doc. If you've got to go the Buy Here, Pay Here route, go to B&D. I know Donnie from years of getting gas at Kens and I doubt you'll ever come across a nicer Person. Him and his wife I guess own B&D.
Happy

Moultrie, GA

#6 May 25, 2010
Who owns Guthrie Motors??I know someone with that last name,they are a nothing but trouble and watch out married women,she likes married men,can not seem to find one that will stay with her.She has been around to much I guess.

Location hidden

#7 May 25, 2010
Happy wrote:
Who owns Guthrie Motors??I know someone with that last name,they are a nothing but trouble and watch out married women,she likes married men,can not seem to find one that will stay with her.She has been around to much I guess.
Not sure, I think they come from the Pearson area.
back2stay

Vidalia, GA

#8 May 25, 2010
Yea I think there is a Guthrie Motor in Pearson too...But the one in Douglas is owned by I think it is Robbie Guthrie and he owns the one in Broxton too...dont quote me but do not think the pearson guthrie motor is related...
back2stay

Vidalia, GA

#9 May 25, 2010
B&D is not bad if you dont mind the owner being all in your cool aide if you are late on your payments...she is the wife of Donnie and he is absolutely fabulously friendly and to my understanding only helped her get started and has no dealings at all with the car lot... She is a long time car saleslady been around the Douglas area for many years and got her start at the Dodge plc I believe..She is very stern and means business and takes it very personal if you dont or cant make your payment..

By here pay here is good for not having good credit but it also builds credit if you go to the places and ask them do they credit report... B&D does report and Davids Auto also...I believe Razz reports also...If you have to by here and pay here then do it with only the ones that report to credit rating...then the next car can be bought at a dealership..just saying

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#10 May 25, 2010
Would the B&D lady happen to be Jerri Lott? I'm thinking of the little car place that use to (not sure if it still does) operate beside the store that turns onto the Willacoochee highway.

There's also a used car place a little further down the road called Chaney Motors? I think Donnie Chaney runs that place.

Location hidden

#11 May 25, 2010
Troubled Shadow wrote:
Would the B&D lady happen to be Jerri Lott? I'm thinking of the little car place that use to (not sure if it still does) operate beside the store that turns onto the Willacoochee highway.
There's also a used car place a little further down the road called Chaney Motors? I think Donnie Chaney runs that place.
I'm not sure about here full name but I know she used to work as a Finance manager at the Dodge place for several years. They were located next to Kens but now they're across from V.I.P Cleaners and Spirits on North Peterson.

Yeah, Donnie Chaney is a different Donnie.
old doc

Gainesville, GA

#12 May 25, 2010
Jerrie's husbands name is Ken Lott. Also, if you make your payments on time, after about a year they can get you switched from buy here-pay here to a regular finance company such as Mid Atlantic. This helps your credit a lot.
Countrygirl

Flowery Branch, GA

#13 May 25, 2010
All of those Guthrie's are related.Robbie is cousins to the ones in Douglas and Pearson and Donnie Chaney married into the same bunch of Guthrie's.

Location hidden

#15 May 26, 2010
old doc wrote:
Jerrie's husbands name is Ken Lott. Also, if you make your payments on time, after about a year they can get you switched from buy here-pay here to a regular finance company such as Mid Atlantic. This helps your credit a lot.
I'm pretty sure Donnies brother, Ken, is married to a Teacher. My Mom used to work with her at Nicholls Elementary.
momforboys

Melrose, FL

#16 May 26, 2010
Robbie's dad is Bobby, who owns Bobby's. Donnie is married to Babby's niece I think.
Countrygirl

Flowery Branch, GA

#17 May 26, 2010
Ken Lott has a brother name Donnie Lott that is married to Jerri Lott at B&D.Donnie Chaney that owns Chaney Motors is married to Bobby Guthrie's niece.
Thunder Chicken Rancher

Oglethorpe, GA

#18 May 26, 2010
Hardworking citizen wrote:
Gutherie Motors in Douglas is not the car lot to buy a car from they are a very unfair buy here-pay here dealership. I advise no one to buy from them. They are not trustworthy nor are they considerate to others well-being or feelings. DON'T GO THERE TO BUY A CAR
Wren't you the one in a previous thread that was complaining about a car that was wrecked. Why don't you explain what happened again. That way everyone knows why your are telling them not to buy a car from these people.
back2stay

Vidalia, GA

#19 May 26, 2010
Thunder Chicken Rancher wrote:
<quoted text>
Wren't you the one in a previous thread that was complaining about a car that was wrecked. Why don't you explain what happened again. That way everyone knows why your are telling them not to buy a car from these people.
Yeah...I havent heard it enough yet..something bout a car that broke down on the side of the road after only owning it a month and got totalled...blah blah blah Guthrie motor employee or owner who knows..said sorry for your luck and did not give the person a replacement car...yep never mind I think I got it...

So not to sound hateful but the jest of it is..She/he bought a car and carelessly left it on the side of the road...If she had full coverage insurance then she should of had towing or gas delivery included in the policy with the car insurance. She should have taken full advantage of that part of the policy. But, because she didnt some dirt bag came along and totalled her car...Thus leaving her car-less. The company she bought the car from has no reason to want to replace the car. Ford company wont! Chrysler place wont! Chevy dealership wont! If it worked like that instead of the housing market being in a slump the car dealerships new and used would be in a slump. Do you honestly know how many people total their cars within the first three months of purchase...Comon...get over it...

An o like I said I do not care what you think so no need to reply unless you are gonna give a what for..and a good talking to! Have a great day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donnie griffin 5 hr Shhh 3
2015 8 hr cut to the chase 16
Coffee County Board of Education 8 hr Just Saying 4
unhappy person 11 hr Old Trojan 9
Mary Christmas 15 hr matt 4
Lisa Wildes Standridge (Nov '10) 15 hr Santa Balls 10
Douglas misses the boat again. (May '14) 21 hr On Scene 31
Douglas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web