Please help me
Chrystal Vining

Kittanning, PA

#1 May 3, 2010
My house was robbed today. Please let me know if you hear of anyone selling rings and bracelets.

Since: Apr 10

Somewhere out there

#3 May 3, 2010
Chrystal Vining wrote:
My house was robbed today. Please let me know if you hear of anyone selling rings and bracelets.
OH MY GOSH!! Thats horrible, I saw on facebook where you were wanting your daddy's class ring back but I had no idea you were robbed. I'm so sorry, there are some heartless people in this world.
bigdawg

Elko, GA

#2 May 3, 2010
sorry that happened to you and yours.
Go check out that gold buying place.
Chrystal Vining

Kittanning, PA

#4 May 3, 2010
I've heard the gold buying places don't even check for ID.:(

We live right across from the school. It's very scary.
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#5 May 3, 2010
it really sad that we have people like this breathing the same air we do. it would pay these days to keep any valuables locked in the car trunk.
then it may not be safe.
iron horse

Flowery Branch, GA

#6 May 3, 2010
Crystal, I am so sorry for your loss. People took some of my son's things from his apartment after his death. It is heartbreaking for someone low life to steel the things you love. Do you live in Douglas? In a subdivision or rural? We try to be so careful but no one is safe.
Chrystal Vining

Kittanning, PA

#7 May 3, 2010
I live by Eastside Elem. Pretty much right in the middle of Douglas. If I could sell this house and move right now I would.
SoGaMom2

Flowery Branch, GA

#8 May 3, 2010
Chrystal, my heart is breaking for you. I was posting to you on Facebook and I lost FB completely! Charter says there is an outage in the area. I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine. I know I am calling ADT tomorrow because I live close to the hood, but not too many blocks from you. Get yourself a security system immediately. Prayers for you and love to you.
Chrystal Vining

Kittanning, PA

#9 May 3, 2010
It was an okay neighborhood when I moved here 3 years ago. Now, not so much.
Confused

Douglas, GA

#10 May 3, 2010
Chrystal, din't you live in Nicholls less that three years ago? You couldn't have been in Douglas that long...

Since: Feb 10

Gainesville, GA

#11 May 4, 2010
Let me just say I'm sorry for your loss==just as I have said before--we will eventually {sp} have to protect our own as there is not enough LE to be at everybody's home at the same time--Now having said that--If you are hungry--I will feed you--if you need clothes or shelter--I will provide--If you are in need of life sustaining medicines I will make arrangements to help. Now on the other side if you have the nerve to break into my house--then you have the nerve to harm me and my family and I will not hesitate to Shoot you--so to all you drug users and thugs out there--be real sure I'm not home or on my little farm if you try to break in.
I'm not a bad person--but I worked too many hours for what I got and will protect it...So ask youself--is it worth my life to steal a few dollars worth of stuff--This is what it's going to take to slow down some of theses robberies and it's sad but true..Someone besides the victim is going to get hurt bad..I will protect me and mine..case closed...Jack
Not 2BeMessedWith

Flowery Branch, GA

#12 May 4, 2010
you cant handle the truth wrote:
Let me just say I'm sorry for your loss==just as I have said before--we will eventually {sp} have to protect our own as there is not enough LE to be at everybody's home at the same time--Now having said that--If you are hungry--I will feed you--if you need clothes or shelter--I will provide--If you are in need of life sustaining medicines I will make arrangements to help. Now on the other side if you have the nerve to break into my house--then you have the nerve to harm me and my family and I will not hesitate to Shoot you--so to all you drug users and thugs out there--be real sure I'm not home or on my little farm if you try to break in.
I'm not a bad person--but I worked too many hours for what I got and will protect it...So ask youself--is it worth my life to steal a few dollars worth of stuff--This is what it's going to take to slow down some of theses robberies and it's sad but true..Someone besides the victim is going to get hurt bad..I will protect me and mine..case closed...Jack
Same here. Was robbed several times at one house and bought another house in town because I was so afraid, but told people the purchase was for investment purposes. this was years before becoming a parent. I never thought I could harm another, even if in self-defense, until I had children. The very first time in the middle of a robbery and my life was in jeopardy, I realized that I had changed my mind. It's not so much the possible loss of things that bug me so much,rather the peace of mind that is lost and the feeling of violation that comes with being robbed. The way I see it is if someone will break into your house, whether the resident is there or not, I'm not going to wait to see if they will do me or my loved ones harm, I will assume they will do me harm and I will act accordingly to prevent that from happening. this would mean shoot to do grave bodily injury even if it results in a hearst hauling the perp away. My kids are adults now, but they still need me and I aim to be here as long as I can.
Not 2BeMessedWith

Flowery Branch, GA

#13 May 4, 2010
Ms. Vining, I am sorry you have to go through this ordeal. Makes me want to hunt the thiefs down and beat the hell out of them. I hope you get your items back.
katie

Douglas, GA

#14 May 4, 2010
You don't know any young men in their twenties do you?
Are them menn out on bail?
Brian Vining

Wildersville, TN

#15 May 4, 2010
Confused wrote:
Chrystal, din't you live in Nicholls less that three years ago? You couldn't have been in Douglas that long...
We've never lived in Nicholls. I think there is two Chrystal Vining's in this area.
Chrystal Vining

Kittanning, PA

#16 May 4, 2010
I'm not the blond Krystal Vining who workds at the police dept. There are also 2 Brian Vinings to further confuse matters.
Chrystal Vining

Kittanning, PA

#17 May 4, 2010
katie wrote:
You don't know any young men in their twenties do you?
Are them menn out on bail?
I might, I'm a teacher.

Since: Apr 10

Somewhere out there

#18 May 4, 2010
I just went to check on our rental trailer and found that some low life tried to break in through the window that has a window unit in it. I am so mad right now, you work to pay for something and some drug head comes along and tries to steal from you. I called the police and got a police report made but I mena what else can they do. I just don't know what this world is coming to.
douglasvoter

Fitzgerald, GA

#19 May 7, 2010
There is an alternative school in douglas...near Ranchero's. The kids don't have to go to school until 11:00 or noon or something like thta. That leaves them with a few hours in the morning with no parents at home and everybody else is at work. I'm going to go ahead and say it: most of these "kids" are at that school for a good reason and they are thugs. I'll bet if you searched under their beds you would recover all kinds of stolen goods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kiala Murray 7 hr rats 2
Still trashy 18 hr just saying 73
Can anyone tell me who rents homes in the Dougl... Thu Ggt 1
Rock solid cargo trailers Thu In the no 6
Just Dont Do It Aug 16 dragon slayer 1
Illegal Student drug testing Aug 15 bubba 3
Remember Megan Daniels? Aug 15 Why 2

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance