baptist church?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Mcdonough, GA

#1 Nov 1, 2012
Are there any nice baptist churchs in douglas that anyone would recommend going to? Small, and easy going people?
BroTurnip

Douglas, GA

#2 Nov 2, 2012
curious wrote:
Are there any nice baptist churchs in douglas that anyone would recommend going to? Small, and easy going people?
It depends on what kind of Christian you are. If your one of those Marijuana Christians you should just convert to satanism. The marijuana has reached Epic proportions in this county, the police cannot hope to battle this Evil with so many Satanic people around here pretending to be good people, when really they are smoking Marijuana and fornicating animals. Most of the churches around here are full of Satan worshipers, you should search for a pastor that preaches the word of the lord to a small congregation inside the home of the Preacher. These are the only trust worthy Christians around here. Stay out of the den of the devil, and stay away from the evil Marijuana, or your soul will belong to the devil. To all of you Marijuana Christians, Jesus is a Live and the time will soon be at hand. You will all perish and spend the rest of eternity burning in the torturous flames of hell fire. Repent now and forsake the Marijuana and fornication of animals. Return to the light of God's love and compassion.
dog

Douglas, GA

#3 Nov 2, 2012
there is a quiet litttle baptist church in the bethel communit ots in douglas, its on the willacooche hwy..not a very big church..nbig churchs are nice for people who can be in a crowd,,i cant,,ut im sure they have good services or it wouodlnt be crowdeed right???
there is also one on 441 going towards broxtone..i think its called nothside baptis but not sure..it looks smalll//hope you find a place of worship..
Anonymous

Blacksburg, SC

#4 Nov 2, 2012
First Baptist
likes small churches

Moultrie, GA

#5 Nov 2, 2012
Morningside Baptist in Hwy 32 East.
blahblah

Douglas, GA

#6 Nov 2, 2012
They are like a McDonalds in NY, they are on every corner. You have so many to choose from. Plus, they are all going to say I'm nice, pick a road and you'll pass like 4. That's one thing I dont get around here, everyone talks about loving your brother, but everytime you turn around someone gets mad and starts their own church down the road. Does anyone else find that absolutely ridiculous?
Bill

Douglas, GA

#7 Nov 2, 2012
blahblah wrote:
They are like a McDonalds in NY, they are on every corner. You have so many to choose from. Plus, they are all going to say I'm nice, pick a road and you'll pass like 4. That's one thing I dont get around here, everyone talks about loving your brother, but everytime you turn around someone gets mad and starts their own church down the road. Does anyone else find that absolutely ridiculous?
You sound like one of those marijuana Christians Brother Turnip was talking about.
Batteries R Fun

Perry, GA

#8 Nov 2, 2012
Tank63 wrote:
First Baptist
He said small, not a mega church want to be.

Any of the other suggestions above are good. Take out the phone book, look to churches, and do a drive by assessment of the size, then visit to find one that fits your life.
curious

Mcdonough, GA

#9 Nov 2, 2012
No one said anything about marijuana..ha your the one to bring drugs up..
SS Teacher

Douglas, GA

#10 Nov 2, 2012
We would love to have any of you visit us at Carver Baptist Church just off 441 South. Turn right just past the new Catholic Church, go to the dead end, turn left and the church is just ahead.
FBC

Perry, GA

#11 Nov 2, 2012
First Baptist is wonderful. Even thought there are two services (Contemporary at 8:15 and Traditional at 11:00) there are so many great study groups that are small and intimate. Great children and youth programs, Elder groups, great church all around.
Salem HBC

Gray, GA

#12 Nov 2, 2012
We would enjoy having you attend our Church services at Salem Holiness Baptist Church about 3 miles West of Douglas off of Georgia Highway 32 West. We are a small, friendly Church that welcomes all who want to worship with us.
NBC

Birmingham, AL

#13 Nov 2, 2012
Northside Baptist is a small loving church. Anniversary is Sunday come visit. The Pastor still preaches the word of God.
shopper

London, KY

#14 Nov 2, 2012
FBC wrote:
First Baptist is wonderful. Even thought there are two services (Contemporary at 8:15 and Traditional at 11:00) there are so many great study groups that are small and intimate. Great children and youth programs, Elder groups, great church all around.
the truth is this church is for rich people they may speak to you or they may not it depends on how much money you have or what you own. sorry fbc but you know it's the truth.
Baptist

Hahira, GA

#16 Nov 6, 2012
Its sad but Douglas doesnt have a good Baptist church. I have never understood why...:(
wow

Douglas, GA

#17 Nov 6, 2012
any one seen first baptist church commercial on traditional marriages? whats the big deal? there is always domestic partnership with the same benefits and changes of last names. traditional marriage = traditional divorce. hahahaha
Truth

Moultrie, GA

#18 Nov 6, 2012
Divorce among homosexual couples is lower than heterosexual couples. Now if all people were treated equal in this great nation of purported equality.
Geeze

Douglas, GA

#19 Nov 6, 2012
How about I am one of them dope smoking Christian and I don't attend any of these hypocritical churches around here. I know who God is and although I know it's a sin not to be in church I choose to be who I am and not a hypocrite...I think it's funny how most people blame everything on weed. At the very least it is a plant and not a man made pill that is really allot more dangerous when it comes to addiction. Have any of you ever taken the time to do any research on the effects of marijuana? I guess not because if you look at the other countries using it for medical purposes you may change your mind. Or How about the drunk who hit the pine tree last week, or if memory serves me hit 5 children on a 4 wheeler a couple years back. My God is a big God and if I were ever convicted of it then I would stop.(and I mean convicted by God not you!!) Before you continue your narrow minded thoughts it might be smart to do a little research first!!!! By the way, I make 64,000 a year and if I told you where I worked you would have a field day so guess what. I'M NOT GOING TO...
Baptist

Ocilla, GA

#20 Nov 6, 2012
If you're looking for a 'small' baptist church, Carver, Morningside, College Avenue would all be good choices. We visited around when we moved here and ended up at First Baptist because there were more out of towners there. We know the reputation of ANY FBC in ANY town is 'rich', but I have never experienced that myself and we're definitely not rich. or well off... FBC is very mission minded and there are great things happening there. I think it USED to be a snobby churchin years gone by, but those people must have moved on or passed away. Some people will always judge a church, no matter where it is. Jesus Christ is preached at First Baptist and that is why we go. You would be welcome there! Come to the night service if you want to really meet the 'real' church folks.
Truth

Moultrie, GA

#21 Nov 6, 2012
FBC is a suburban church that would like to be an ATL suburban church but forgets that it is in rural GA without the money of an ATL suburb. If you conisder yourself a suburbanite then you will do just fine there. If you want a small church where everyone knows everyone and they are like a close family because everyone knows everyone else so well, then any of our country churches will do you fine. I prefer a small church. They don't have the extended programs that larger churches have, but they are very family oriented, not that large ones aren't, but small churches act more like a family reunion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hoyt English- good to rent from? (Nov '13) 1 hr Need Info 33
Bounds 18 hr Hellllgurl 1
Gay men in Douglas Apr 24 Sarah 15
Shooting at Zaxby's Apr 24 Sarah 4
Can you keep a secret? Apr 24 Sarah 3
outlaw trailer parks = outlaw crime (Mar '12) Apr 24 Tolerman 15
new weight loss Apr 21 Ihatemethheads 3

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance