old golden corral
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
old doc

Carrollton, GA

#1 Oct 17, 2011
Somebody posted about work going on at the old Golden Corral. I have been watching it and noticed today they have repainted the outside and have an "Old Times" logo painted on the end facing the highways. There is an Old Times in Tifton I went to a while back and it was good. They specialize in southern cooking and serve it buffet style. Should be a nice addition to the food choices here.
skip bayles

Carrollton, GA

#2 Oct 17, 2011
What about Macks they got good southern food
just saying___

United States

#3 Oct 18, 2011
macks is the bomb!
peaches

Elko, GA

#4 Oct 18, 2011
If the O'Neals from valdosta own and run it, then the food and service will be excellent.
did all

Gray, GA

#6 Oct 18, 2011
I am just glad something is going in, I hope it is good.
Deja Vou

Kittanning, PA

#7 Oct 18, 2011
Douglas already had a old times in the old western sizzler building. Can you buy food there with an EBT card? If so the family and I will attend weekly. Mr. Obama i'm waiting on my check.
An ONeal family member

Clive, IA

#8 Oct 18, 2011
peaches, It is our family opening it and we surely hope you enjoy it as much as you do our Valdosta locations among many others!
lvn in dgls

Gainesville, GA

#9 Oct 18, 2011
Where is Macks?
food lover

Gainesville, GA

#10 Oct 18, 2011
macks mini mart is across the road from the old state patrol office on 441. good southern cooking with a buffet.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 Oct 18, 2011
Mack's is the gas station next to Pizza Hut. Though you may think otherwise, the food really is awesome.
Good Deal

Rural Valley, PA

#12 Oct 19, 2011
If memory serves me right, the previous Ole Times was owned by Tom Watson which is why it was ultimately closed. It was musty, decrepit and poorly managed. Watson only cared about his profit and put little, if any, of that money back into the business itself.

If what I hear is true, and the same folks that run the Valdosta and Tifton locations will be running this one, then we have a winner on our hands. Those people know how to do business. They have a friendly staff and food that is consistently hot and delicious.

I always enjoy going into their restaurants and enjoying not only the food, but the atmosphere the country decor provides. I'm excited about this new venture and hope that it serves Douglas well.
Good Deal

Rural Valley, PA

#13 Oct 19, 2011
P.S.

I just hope they take the time to sufficiently renovate that building. It was in awful condition. That carpet smelled terrible. I hope to see them make some modifications to the outside of the building as well. Make it look a bit more homey to fit the down-home style of their restaurants. Maybe some flowers, rocking chairs, potted plants. Heck, a ceramic pig or two. Ha!
LOCALDINER

Carrollton, GA

#14 Oct 19, 2011
Good Deal wrote:
If memory serves me right, the previous Ole Times was owned by Tom Watson which is why it was ultimately closed. It was musty, decrepit and poorly managed. Watson only cared about his profit and put little, if any, of that money back into the business itself.
If what I hear is true, and the same folks that run the Valdosta and Tifton locations will be running this one, then we have a winner on our hands. Those people know how to do business. They have a friendly staff and food that is consistently hot and delicious.
I always enjoy going into their restaurants and enjoying not only the food, but the atmosphere the country decor provides. I'm excited about this new venture and hope that it serves Douglas well.
WELL I THINK YOUR MEMORY IS NOT RIGHT..I WORKED FOR MR WATSON FOR MANY YEARS..IT WAS HIS OLD GOLDEN CORRAL WHERE SOUNDS GOOD USED TO BE,,AND IT NEEDED A FACELFT AND HE OPENED THE NEW ONE ACROSS THE STREET..I CANT TELL YOU HOW IT WAS IN LATER PART OF THE YEARS HE HAD IT OPENED..BUT WHEN I WORKED THERE IT WAS CLEAN!..AND YOU SHOULDVE ATTENDED OE OF THE CHRISTMAS PARTIES IF YOU THOUGHT HE WAS STINGHY..HE WOULDVE SHOWED YOU DIFFERENT CATERING IN FOOD AND DOOR PRIZES..HE HAD A HEART YOU JUST HAD TO SHOW HIM YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HIS BUSINESS FOR HIM TO SHARE IT..SO YOU MUSTVE BEEN A LOSER!!
mickeymouse

Bradenton, FL

#15 Oct 19, 2011
I have personally worked For Pat O'Neal and for Ole Times In several locations and I know you will enjoy the food the service and the atmosphere at this Douglas location.. I no longer live in Douglas but when I visit.. I will enjoy Ole Times when I am there..
sara

Byron, GA

#16 Oct 19, 2011
I'm glad that they are opening the Old Times here, and I agree the Ole Times in Valdosta was very clean and always hot and freah, On the other hand Golden Corral was a nasty place to go into, the bathrooms were always nasty and the whole place was horrible....Thanks for the remodel..
senior business owner

Douglas, GA

#17 Oct 19, 2011
Robert Wright owned Ole Times here and his family {daughter and ex-wife} ran it.
Blue Fox

United States

#18 Oct 19, 2011
Sounds like we're in store for some good grub from Old Times Buffet !!
hell on heels

Mcdonough, GA

#19 Oct 19, 2011
nething will be better than the GC no doubt.:)
old times

Kathleen, GA

#20 Oct 19, 2011
Good Deal wrote:

Mr. Watson had GC and Woody's (where Flyin' Cowboys is now). The former Old Times is where the Asian Buffet is now, the former Western Sizzlin building. From what I understand, they are gutting and remodeling the entire former GC building to open Ole Times.
HookedOnPhonics

Palm Harbor, FL

#21 Oct 19, 2011
Wasnt there an Old Times in Wayx?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad Tucker 3 min Ole brother 1
Tina kirkland 4 hr lol baby 22
Banklodge 9 hr Insider 17
Bedgood Girls (Jul '12) 14 hr Jessie 10
Dog owners in BAYMEDOWS 18 hr Vivian 28
Wal Mart Shop Lifters 19 hr Michelle 2
New Sheriff (Mar '13) 20 hr Gun Runner 247
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages