Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1 May 14, 2014
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) in humans, that is caused by the bacterium chlamydia trachomatis. In Greek, trachomatis means harsh. The symptoms of chlamydia is mild and tend to go unnoticed -- until serious damage occurs. Therefore, some people call the disease “silent disease”.
Chlamydia is found only in humans, and it is 8th most common sexually transmitted disease reported in the U.S. with over 2 million people between the ages 14 to 39 infected every year. The disease is transmitted through sexual contact with an infected person during vaginal, anal or oral sex. In women the infection can spread from the cervix to the uterus and to fallopian tube.
Chlamydia can cause serious eye infection such as conjunctivitis during child birth. Moreover, it also induces male infertility and ectopic pregnancy (in the wrong place). The common symptoms of chlamydia include;
In women:
1. Abnormal vaginal discharge.
2. Burning sensation when urinating.
3. Low back pain.
4. Nausea
5. Fever
In men:
1. Discharge from penis.
2. Burning sensation when urinating.
3. Burning and itching around the opening of the penis (inflammation or swelling in the testicles)
goo.gl/6IVLXw

Since: Jul 09

Ashburn, GA

#2 May 14, 2014
I went to the AppleCare facility one afternoon because I was hurting in my abdomen. The first question I was asked is if I still had an appendix....the answer was yes. I went to Coffee Regional for a CT scan and blood work. Was told that the CT didn't show anything but embedded kidney stones that weren't the problem but my blood cell count was 21,000. I was sent back to the hospital and told I would probably be admitted. My "wonderful" ER doctor asked me a few general health questions. Claimed it was gynecological and proceeded to perform the most painful pap test of my life (on an upside down bed pan to boot). At 9:00 PM, I was released from the hospital after taking four huge antibiotic pills and getting an antibiotic shot. I was given two papers upon my release and told if I wasn't better in two days to go see my doctor. When I asked if I should see a general practitioner or my gynecologist, the doctor threw their hands out to the side and said "it doesn't matter". One paper said Unexplained Abdominal Pains.....the other said STD, either gonorrhea or chlamydia. Went by ambulance the next morning and they removed my rotted, gangrenous appendix at 3:00 PM through a 3" cut (because it couldn't be done by lap surgery, although they tried). The night before, I was actually treated for PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) caused by either of the two STDs that I never had. My husband of 16 years was in the room with me most of the time, even through the painful pap test. In my opinion, the doctor didn't ask me enough questions and no questions were asked about my sexual history to diagnose PID nor were they concerned that if "I had it" my husband surely would. I understand that chlamydia can be the "silent disease", but appendicitis can be a deadly one. It's bad enough to have appendicitis, but to be treated for an STD when you've never had one is terrible! Don't understand why "JackONeill" felt obliged to introduce this topic but I felt the need to tell my story about a wrong diagnosis of it.....
glad u r ok

Conyers, GA

#3 May 14, 2014
AlwaysTalking wrote:
I went to the AppleCare facility one afternoon because I was hurting in my abdomen. The first question I was asked is if I still had an appendix....the answer was yes. I went to Coffee Regional for a CT scan and blood work. Was told that the CT didn't show anything but embedded kidney stones that weren't the problem but my blood cell count was 21,000. I was sent back to the hospital and told I would probably be admitted. My "wonderful" ER doctor asked me a few general health questions. Claimed it was gynecological and proceeded to perform the most painful pap test of my life (on an upside down bed pan to boot). At 9:00 PM, I was released from the hospital after taking four huge antibiotic pills and getting an antibiotic shot. I was given two papers upon my release and told if I wasn't better in two days to go see my doctor. When I asked if I should see a general practitioner or my gynecologist, the doctor threw their hands out to the side and said "it doesn't matter". One paper said Unexplained Abdominal Pains.....the other said STD, either gonorrhea or chlamydia. Went by ambulance the next morning and they removed my rotted, gangrenous appendix at 3:00 PM through a 3" cut (because it couldn't be done by lap surgery, although they tried). The night before, I was actually treated for PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) caused by either of the two STDs that I never had. My husband of 16 years was in the room with me most of the time, even through the painful pap test. In my opinion, the doctor didn't ask me enough questions and no questions were asked about my sexual history to diagnose PID nor were they concerned that if "I had it" my husband surely would. I understand that chlamydia can be the "silent disease", but appendicitis can be a deadly one. It's bad enough to have appendicitis, but to be treated for an STD when you've never had one is terrible! Don't understand why "JackONeill" felt obliged to introduce this topic but I felt the need to tell my story about a wrong diagnosis of it.....
I am glad you are ok and alive! That is so scary. I am sure your husband was baffled. I has a hysterectomy years ago and tried to get ins pmt for appendectomy at same time. Ins would not pay. I sure wish I had borrowed money and paid myself.
yumyum

Douglas, GA

#4 May 14, 2014
Dont go to coffee regional ER. They are horrible! If you can make it Tift regional is so much better. I avoid coffee regional if I can!
Summer Camp

Fitzgerald, GA

#5 May 14, 2014
I am looking for a summer camp for my 2 girls. I have heard Camp Chlamydia for girls in Jacksonville would be a nice choice. Does anyone know about this place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
April rawlins 2 hr Tenise 18
another cc murder?? (Aug '11) 10 hr HomieQuan 123
Coffee's Jr Sr Weekend ? 10 hr HomieQuan 4
Her Story _ take two, name, dates and place hav... 14 hr palmfrond 6
Her Story ( sneak sample preview) Names, dates ... 17 hr lol baby 14
Texas Epic Fail #2 Fri Bella 35
Coffee Co Cowards Fri lol baby 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages