old doc

Flowery Branch, GA

#1 Jul 23, 2011
I ended up at O'Rileys auto parts today after my alternator failed and the staff there checked/charged my battery which turned out to be O.K. Being a senior citizen and not mechanically inclined I asked Elon (I think that is how his name is spelled)if he knew anybody who might do the installation on this Saturday afternoon. He said sure, Sweet Pea would do it. He called Sweet Pea who came right down and installed the alternator quickly and efficiently. And he did it extremely reasonable. Said he had a shop very close to Prince Ford. The people at O'Riley's and Sweet Pea deserve major kudos. I can't recommend them enough and it is just outstanding to get this level of service on a Saturday afternoon in Douglas.

Since: Oct 08

Gainesville, GA

#2 Jul 24, 2011
old doc wrote:
I ended up at O'Rileys auto parts today after my alternator failed and the staff there checked/charged my battery which turned out to be O.K. Being a senior citizen and not mechanically inclined I asked Elon (I think that is how his name is spelled)if he knew anybody who might do the installation on this Saturday afternoon. He said sure, Sweet Pea would do it. He called Sweet Pea who came right down and installed the alternator quickly and efficiently. And he did it extremely reasonable. Said he had a shop very close to Prince Ford. The people at O'Riley's and Sweet Pea deserve major kudos. I can't recommend them enough and it is just outstanding to get this level of service on a Saturday afternoon in Douglas.
Could you mean Levon?(And I may have Levon's name misspelled. It's pronounced as Lee Vonn) Anyway, I know Levon personally & I would have to agree with you. Levon's a great guy & I think very highly of him. I don't know Sweet Pea but what he did for you makes him out to sound like a great person to know as well.
old doc

Flowery Branch, GA

#3 Jul 27, 2011
Yes, Levon was my initial contact at O'Rileys. He took the battery out checked it out, put a full charge on it and diagnosed the problem as the alternator. I thought I would have to have my vehicle towed somewhere until Monday, but Elon said he would call Sweet Pea. He said he would come right over, which he did, and replaced the alternator very quickly and obviously knew exactly what he was doing. He was very, very reasonable and even had the new alternator run through his shop account to give me his discount. The next day, my son in law who was up from Florida had two front wheel bearings go bad. They called Sweet Pea and he said go by O'Rileys, get the parts and have them run through his account to save money. This was done and Sweet Pea had them on the road in under 2 hours (2001 GMC Truck). Sweet Pea has a garage at the corner of North 221 and Bowens Mill (I think) almost beside the car wash, just up from Guthries.. If need to contact him, the guys at O"Rileys, especially Levon, has his number. Also, the people who operate the hand detailing service under a metal shed in that area can point you to Sweet Pea. You just don't get this kind of service and price these days so as you can tell, I am totally impressed!
also

United States

#4 Jul 27, 2011
sweet pea is behind R&R Auto Sales and beside T&R food mart! hope this helps too
Great service

Flowery Branch, GA

#5 Jul 27, 2011
Had the same great experience there when I had a headlight out. They installed it at no charge!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
awwww 17 min please 5
matt is back in dixie 35 min Peacebandit 4
Christians today 40 min Peacebandit 7
speed dating? 42 min Peacebandit 4
Lisa Register 45 min Peacebandit 13
Josh HaselNUT 47 min Peacebandit 3
Joey Spivey 48 min Peacebandit 3
Magistrate Judge Race 6 hr Getalifejelly 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance