Comments
41 - 60 of 63 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2013
Street Smart

Douglas, GA

#41 Jan 2, 2013
Schooled wrote:
Next time I visit Walmart, I'm going to remove carts from the cart return and put them in parking spaces just to irritate people.:) Fact is Walmart is responsible for their carts. If their carts damage a vehicle in the parking lot, they can be sued. It is their sole responsibility to remove the carts from the parking lot to avoid personal injury to customers or vehicle damage.
So an employee is supposed to follow you out and take your cart as soon as you're done with it? If that happened, you would no longer shop at Walmart because you couldn't afford it. How do you think they keep their prices down? You may be schooled, but you ain't learned.
Po Ho

West Point, IA

#42 Jan 2, 2013
How about giving me a discount on my bill when I scan, bag and pay using the self-work, I mean, self-serve checkout lane? Why should I have to pay you for me to do your work?
Shopper

Dawson, GA

#43 Jan 2, 2013
Po Ho wrote:
How about giving me a discount on my bill when I scan, bag and pay using the self-work, I mean, self-serve checkout lane? Why should I have to pay you for me to do your work?
check yourself to see if your pants are on correctly. you need help. DO NOT USE self serve checkout. your problem is now solved
Hopeless in Douglas

Coolidge, GA

#44 Jan 2, 2013
Schooled wrote:
Next time I visit Walmart, I'm going to remove carts from the cart return and put them in parking spaces just to irritate people.:) Fact is Walmart is responsible for their carts. If their carts damage a vehicle in the parking lot, they can be sued. It is their sole responsibility to remove the carts from the parking lot to avoid personal injury to customers or vehicle damage.
Is that true of any private lot? I am just asking because they all have those signs up saying that they are not responsible for damage caused by their carts?

“Play it again, Sam.”

Since: Oct 11

Casablanca

#45 Jan 3, 2013
Schooled wrote:
That's lovely. You have the soul of a saint. Just as an fyi for your own edification though, I'd like to inform you that Walmart parking lot is private lot. There are signs on each of the shopping cart corrals informing patrons to the store that the store is not responsible for damages causes to people or vehicles by carts. I you damage someones property, Walmart isn't liable, you are.

Carry on.
Schooled

Ellaville, GA

#46 Jan 3, 2013
L_E_Terrell wrote:
<quoted text>
That's lovely. You have the soul of a saint. Just as an fyi for your own edification though, I'd like to inform you that Walmart parking lot is private lot. There are signs on each of the shopping cart corrals informing patrons to the store that the store is not responsible for damages causes to people or vehicles by carts. I you damage someones property, Walmart isn't liable, you are.
Carry on.
Okay, then I'll wear a sign that says I'm not responsible for damages caused by my actions.:) Easy fix. If Walmart can get away with posting a sign alleviating liability it will work for me. I'll also place a few stickers around the parking lot to cover my actions. Are you really so stupid as to believe a sign denouncing liabilty will cover their ass? If I go to your house and you have a beware of dog sign displayed and I get mauled by your dog, you are still liable for my injuries.:)
Gun Tranny

Douglas, GA

#47 Jan 3, 2013
Schooled wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, then I'll wear a sign that says I'm not responsible for damages caused by my actions.:) Easy fix. If Walmart can get away with posting a sign alleviating liability it will work for me. I'll also place a few stickers around the parking lot to cover my actions. Are you really so stupid as to believe a sign denouncing liabilty will cover their ass? If I go to your house and you have a beware of dog sign displayed and I get mauled by your dog, you are still liable for my injuries.:)
Listen LET knows so much about walmart because she sleeps behind that plastic strips where the carts go into the store. She snorts pineapple jello powder and drinks shop lifted hairspray, so she wont piss hot at walgreens. Its cool though she dont mind if you trash talk her, because we will all get a room at bentons smoke big rocks and when we get bored we will go rummage through all your cars and get bed bugs and scabies in your upholstery.
Just Wanting

Douglas, GA

#48 Jan 3, 2013
Street Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
So an employee is supposed to follow you out and take your cart as soon as you're done with it? If that happened, you would no longer shop at Walmart because you couldn't afford it. How do you think they keep their prices down? You may be schooled, but you ain't learned.
Dear Street know it all the reason they keep prices down is by the cheap crap they get from china most of it is SH&T that right SH&T.They under pay there employes so they can get goverment assistance and want them to get it to save them money
Street Smart

Douglas, GA

#49 Jan 4, 2013
Just Wanting wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Street know it all the reason they keep prices down is by the cheap crap they get from china most of it is SH&T that right SH&T.They under pay there employes so they can get goverment assistance and want them to get it to save them money
So why do we all shop there? Because it's cheap! Why is it cheap? Because they cuts cost everywhere they can. Don't like it? Don't shop there.
well

Douglas, GA

#50 Jan 4, 2013
Street Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do we all shop there? Because it's cheap! Why is it cheap? Because they cuts cost everywhere they can. Don't like it? Don't shop there.
people shop there because they drive out our locally owned business when they move in to a town, small mom and pop places cant afford to keep up with the discount prices and close their doors, hence leaving customers very little choice but to have to shop at walmart. Cheap over seas made items & underpaid employees= no competetion.Corporate Monster is what Walmart is...
Barbara

Douglas, GA

#51 Jan 4, 2013
I just had to call out a lady in the parking lot this morning for letting her cart go racing down the hill and being unconcerned. It could have hit a car causing damage but she didn't care. She just cussed me out and told me it didn't hit my car so I shouldn't be concerned. The redneck idiot missed the whole point! Would you have said something to this reckless woman?
Gun Runner

Harrison, OH

#52 Jan 4, 2013
Barbara wrote:
I just had to call out a lady in the parking lot this morning for letting her cart go racing down the hill and being unconcerned. It could have hit a car causing damage but she didn't care. She just cussed me out and told me it didn't hit my car so I shouldn't be concerned. The redneck idiot missed the whole point! Would you have said something to this reckless woman?
I'd slapped the perfume smell off that heifer then woulda stuck my size five shoe in her big butt. Then I woulda grabbed me a handful of that bleached hair and pulled until she squealed like a pig, and rode he around the parking lot. Just think, old and 94 lbs riding that 300 pounder. Git'er Done!
new attitude

Warner Robins, GA

#53 Jan 4, 2013
Barbara wrote:
I would have and have said things in the past.. people who do not put carts back just dont give a damn..The lady with 4 kids? have one of your kids if they are old enough to put the cart back for you,,if they are not old enough. put them in the vehicle in their car seats and return it youself... sometimes it seems to me that common sense has just gone out the window... i dont get it,, oh by the way,, i do put my cart away...in the corral
Bobbie

Moultrie, GA

#54 Jan 4, 2013
I always make a point of parking near a cart corral so I can put them away when I am done.
Really

Warner Robins, GA

#55 Jan 4, 2013
new attitude wrote:
<quoted text>I would have and have said things in the past.. people who do not put carts back just dont give a damn..The lady with 4 kids? have one of your kids if they are old enough to put the cart back for you,,if they are not old enough. put them in the vehicle in their car seats and return it youself... sometimes it seems to me that common sense has just gone out the window... i dont get it,, oh by the way,, i do put my cart away...in the corral
Are you nuts? Leave the kids in the car unattended to walk across a parking lot to return a shopping cart. Don't think so. Returning a shopping cart holds more value to you than the safety of children? Now I know what's wrong with America. I guess you leave them home alone while you run to the store for a pack of smokes or 6 pack of beer too.
unknown

Mount Pleasant, IA

#56 Jan 4, 2013
Well I can say one thing they better hope they have insurance on their shopping carts because if I come outside and see a shopping cart up against my car or truck and it has a scratch or dent on them caused by the carts they gonna pay for it to be fixed or they gonna lose some carts because I will damage the carts.
new attitude

Alma, GA

#57 Jan 5, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you nuts? Leave the kids in the car unattended to walk across a parking lot to return a shopping cart. Don't think so. Returning a shopping cart holds more value to you than the safety of children? Now I know what's wrong with America. I guess you leave them home alone while you run to the store for a pack of smokes or 6 pack of beer too.
No i am not nuts... its not like you are leaving for 5 minutes. some people just dont get it... Lazy like you.....How about teaching my example.. wow what a concept!!
Life Is Good

Moultrie, GA

#58 Jan 5, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you nuts. Leaving kids alone to get a pack of smokes may get you a time out in jail or the state taking or kids. When i go to walmart i parked next to a shopping cart return spot, theres really no extra walking to return the cart. I also get a shopping cart from the parking lot and bring it in with me. God Is Life
Keep Calm and Carry On

Fitzgerald, GA

#59 Jan 5, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people with small kids park near the buggy return so they can get a buggy to load the kids into, then go into the store, then put the kids in the car when they are out and return the cart. Some people do not like parking near the buggy return because people get their cars damaged. I've got two kids, so I'm not worried about another scratch on my car.
rock-rattle-no roll

Douglas, GA

#60 Jan 5, 2013
I just want a cart that rolls.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
churchs chicken update and dairy queen update 8 min abc 11
Anonymous to take on Ferguson 1 hr stfualready 50
Coffee vs Sav should we care? 1 hr My idea 52
Corner of 441 South and Bowen Mill Road at Burg... 4 hr oreo 8
AT&T coming to Douglas where alltel is 5 hr Tina 5
What's the best Automotive Repair Shop in Douglas? 5 hr Bobby 15
John Lott-Lott Towing Stinks 6 hr Nasty as hell 22
Incident in Nicholls Fri tuffy 135
•••
•••