government funds. Contracts should only be given to
the minority, for which those type of contracts
are intended for. When you set up a 'front man", such
as RA and the hispanic man to get the contract then in
my opinion that is fraud, if you prosper wayyyyy more
than they do. Shame on you!You have to wonder what
else they want to be awarded. People just read the
link above to the Bloomberg report and educate your
friends about this abuse of taxpayer money.
Thank You!!!! humbly. I see it the same way you do. I know absolutely nothing about Hatfield but have know Vickers forever. Because of personal connections with a few of Harper's family living in the adjoining county I was hesitate about saying anything but this is too important not to.
Abuse of Power

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

I agree with the previous post. We can not continue
to let certain politicians continue to erode our
government tax funds. Pretty soon, there will not be
money left for us, the taxpayer who helped these politicians build their empire. And believe me, they
do look down on us the working class people.Fraud
is fraud, no matter how you dress it up.RA and hispanic
man, should have held out for a better deal and still
could. Payoff in this case could be a b_tch! Couldn't
believe what I read in the link to the Bloomberg report
referenced above.Harper needs to make restitution to
these men. My advice to them is consult a lawyer in
Washington or Atlanta.
Caro

Waycross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Some of the above links (and I have others) didn't highlight above, so sorry! If anyone is interested, I will correct/highlight those links (otherwise, you have to "copy and paste" to get them) AND I can furnish further links. However, I believe there is much more that remains and needs to be researched, as it appears to be a complicated web..perhaps linking the family to SBA corruption, which basically rips off the taxpayer. We deserve honest representation with no indications of possible corruption. Either vote for someone like Vickers or Gene (Donald) Mitchell--both of whom have no money in the race and sincerely want to help S. Ga.
lawyer

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Caro- And I thought I was a good researcher. I LOVE YOU! Let's do it: It's called 'Civil Clawback Proceedings.'
think-about-it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

When we get done dissecting Harper's father's business can we move on to doing the same with the rest of the candidates? I bet we can dig up something juicy to talk about if we look at each candidates family hard enough. If not, we can make something up! Yaawhoooo... teamwork!

Seriously, guys. I'm sure Harper will address this. After Hatfield's aggressive campaign to attack Tyler's -father's- business I guess that he has little choice. The problem is that for some it won't matter what he says and Hatfield is getting his rocks off right now watching it all play out anyway. Mission accomplished! That's the way dirty politics works. It's a shame that anyone's attention is being diverted to sorting through a political assassination attempt on a candidates family to try to figure out what is real or what matters. We have already heard that Hatfield did the same to another opponent using allegedly illegal surveillance tactics. In my opinion, Hatfield is THE example of what is wrong with our system. I hope everyone reading this doesn't lose sight of that.

After reviewing all the information presented it is clear that Tyler's father is an astute businessman that knows how to leverage business strategy. Those contracts were going to be awarded to some company. Are we supposed to be angry because they positioned themselves to be that company? If you have an issue with the way the government has structured their awards process then take it up with the government. Personally, I think that giving preference to a company based on the nationality or physical disability of the business owner is stupid but I don't make the rules.

If anyone thinks that the people that are trying to cast the Harper's in a bad light are trying to help voters out, they are sadly mistaken. This whole smear campaign is not about truth or who is the best person for the job. They're carefully positioned to work for a candidate by trying to beat down another. The smart voters will see it for what it is. It's pretty obvious that Hatfield is involved. I hope no other candidate is.
geno

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

I vote wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a topic regular but a few time I have posted under my full name but like you on this this thread I'm going to keep hiding behind my nic "I Vote" because I actually know some of the Harpers and though the ones I know are fine people I care enough about who represents this state to come on here and post my concerns. Vickers is the only canidate I personally know...he was my family doctor before he retired...he did surgery on my husband. I knew his Mom and Dad...yes I'm that old... but I wouldn't vote for him if I didn't know he had the qualifications to be a Senator. Not only do I love my State...I care very much how my hard earned tax dollars are spent. The problem with politics today is about 1/2 the population doesn't pay "any" taxes and they don't give a rats A double S how the elected officials will manange financially...thus the whole nation is BROKE. I figure you are the 1/2 who don't pay taxes or you would at least be concerned about the Harper issue. Who in the hell wants a Senator who in involved in a family business (s) that double dips the government and uses "people" who qualify for our hard earned tax dollars as a ploy to get money for the family business. If this is not the case...Harper needs to expain things because that is surely the way it appears but he may feel comfortable enough that folks like you will vote for him what ever the issues are.
The first problem with even trying to get someone to explain anything to you is that you are like the rest of the bozo's on this site. You believe the bigger lie. Nothing he could ever say would change you as you have stated that doc is your man. In addition to that, people never give anyone a chance after such outrageous lies and distortions of the truth are told. you mind will always be the same. I bet if we checked back on your family history your probably have someone who killed someone, stole something, your pa probably run around on your ma. It is easy to cast stones at someone else, but let us not start on your family.

I pray that God would give us the guidance to vote correctly in this election.
myself

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

To think-about-it. Bless your heart.

The government IS doing something about it. It all started with an article in the Washington Post on March 12, 2011 that reported that "government officials were not monitoring contracts for compliance with rules."Senators Olympia Snowe (R-Maine), Mary Landrieu (D-La.), Scott P.Brown (R-Mass), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), introduced legislation to combat contracting fraud at the Small Business Administration (SBA. Their inititive comes on the heels of several vulnerabilities and abuses in nearly all of SBA's contracting program, as identified in multiple reports by the non-partisan Government Accountability Office (GAO). Senator Snowe-a Republican- is quoted as saying "As I told the Deputy Administrator of the SBA at a recent Small Business Committee hearing, the ultimate authority for monitoring fraud lies with the SBA when it comes to government management of hard earned tax payer dollars."
FRAUD and HARD EARNED TAX PAYER DOLLARS!
I Vote

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

geno wrote:
<quoted text>
The first problem with even trying to get someone to explain anything to you is that you are like the rest of the bozo's on this site. You believe the bigger lie. Nothing he could ever say would change you as you have stated that doc is your man. In addition to that, people never give anyone a chance after such outrageous lies and distortions of the truth are told. you mind will always be the same. I bet if we checked back on your family history your probably have someone who killed someone, stole something, your pa probably run around on your ma. It is easy to cast stones at someone else, but let us not start on your family.
I pray that God would give us the guidance to vote correctly in this election.

Yep..."I" along with "you" and the rest of the people in the world have done wrong and without the grace of God we will continue to do things that are wrong...But I'm not running for public office.I'm not wanting to look after the business of the people and I'm not wanting to make decisions on how to spend people's hard earned tax dollars. LOL and I'm going to be a better person than you and not call you a bozo.
Truthfull God is the best source to guide you or anyone on how to vote...Just be careful not to be praying with a made up mind.
And Truthfully you really don't know anything about my "mind".
From Fitzgerald

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

All you naysayers are a very small group. I'll bet ya all these negative articles that Tyler wins and then some. Keep it up,only people doing business. Simple minded folk!!!!
I Vote

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

If anyone thinks there is not reason to be "concerned" read this article especially the part under the subtitle "Small Scandal Administration"

http://www.cato.org/publications/congressiona...
I Vote

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

From Fitzgerald wrote:
All you naysayers are a very small group. I'll bet ya all these negative articles that Tyler wins and then some. Keep it up,only people doing business. Simple minded folk!!!!
You may be right and Tyler does win and if he is the "best" candidate I truely hope he does but if he's not would you still want him to win??
SusieQ

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

rather be simple minded than a thief.
From Fitzgerald

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

SusieQ wrote:
rather be simple minded than a thief.
Tyler is no thief,Susie Q !!!!!!!!!!
From Fitzgerald

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

I Vote wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right and Tyler does win and if he is the "best" candidate I truely hope he does but if he's not would you still want him to win??
He is my choice. Thats why we vote. God bless the USA.
I Vote

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

From Fitzgerald wrote:
<quoted text>He is my choice. Thats why we vote. God bless the USA.
Right...we all have a right to choice and a voice.

LOL and in the end it's all kind of simple minded isn't it.
Caro

Waycross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

@think-about-it: Disclaminer: my comments/links have absolutely nothing to do with Hatfield, who I do not know or support. And they are not part of a smear campaign; this is research that was done by a citizen. I believe that we, as voters, deserve to know not only the character of our candidates but any possible wrong-doing/corruption, be it with the SBA (Small Business Administration) or anything else. I do not think taxpayers want their money used in such a way as to enrich people who find ways to beat the system, if that indeed has happened. AND I think we are tired of people "buying" elections. It's time for us to be truly represented by honest Representatives, not to enrich individuals who get kick-backs from Special Interests, etc.
think-about-it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

myself wrote:
The government IS doing something about it. It all started with an article in the Washington Post on March 12, 2011 that reported that "government officials were not monitoring contracts for compliance with rules."Senators Olympia Snowe (R-Maine), Mary Landrieu (D-La.), Scott P.Brown (R-Mass), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), introduced legislation to combat contracting fraud at the Small Business Administration (SBA. Their inititive comes on the heels of several vulnerabilities and abuses in nearly all of SBA's contracting program, as identified in multiple reports by the non-partisan Government Accountability Office (GAO). Senator Snowe-a Republican- is quoted as saying "As I told the Deputy Administrator of the SBA at a recent Small Business Committee hearing, the ultimate authority for monitoring fraud lies with the SBA when it comes to government management of hard earned tax payer dollars."
No, Bless-Your-Heart.

You continue to apply rhetoric? A bill was introduced and passed on the subject in general. It has nothing to do with the Harpers. Stop trying to spin it to look like it does.

Not even your vague reference to the Small Business Contracting Fraud Prevention Act (S. 633) lends credibility to the smear campaign. It's old news and has no direct relationship to the Harpers. Was there some mention in it of one of Mr. DW Harper's businesses because if there was, I missed it. I see through this attack and you hate it because you know I'm not the only one.

If you're going to attack Tyler's family on the premise of their business model and the legislation that was introduced to regulate that model then let's at least educate people a little about the bill and the industry in general.

http://www.contractorsperspective.com/small-b...

April 2011: Among other things, the bill would amend the provisions of the Small Business Act relating to misrepresentations as to the status of companies as small business concerns, including HUBZone, 8(a), woman-owned, and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses.

http://web.governmentcontractors.org/content/...

Sept. 2011: Contract fraud bill unanimously passes senate
Specifically, the Small Business Contracting Fraud Prevention Act (S. 633) would provide a comprehensive oversight framework within SBA to execute effective certification, surveillance and monitoring, and robust enforcement of its entire contracting portfolio.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/blog/fe...

Feb 2012:
A new House bill introduced Thursday would address a slew of issues associated with small business contracting rules, including cracking down on loopholes that enable small business dollars to filter to larger companies and offering small businesses an opportunity to challenge agency decisions to bring contract work in house.

Sites serving government contracting industry:

http://govwin.com/
The GovWin network currently brings together 36,690 members and 18,505 companies.

http://web.governmentcontractors.org/
The National Association of Government Contractors was started in 1957 by a coalition of small business owners.

http://www.bidcontract.com/
Bid Contract is the leader in providing Government Bids, Government Contracts, and Government RFP Finder and Notification Services.

There are plenty more good sources but that should get you started.
think-about-it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Caro wrote:
@think-about-it: Disclaminer: my comments/links have absolutely nothing to do with Hatfield, who I do not know or support. And they are not part of a smear campaign; this is research that was done by a citizen. I believe that we, as voters, deserve to know not only the character of our candidates but any possible wrong-doing/corruption, be it with the SBA (Small Business Administration) or anything else. I do not think taxpayers want their money used in such a way as to enrich people who find ways to beat the system, if that indeed has happened. AND I think we are tired of people "buying" elections. It's time for us to be truly represented by honest Representatives, not to enrich individuals who get kick-backs from Special Interests, etc.
You posted several links with a vague comment that you find the information "somewhat suspicious" and reference "any possible" wrong-doing/corruption. Now you are introducing a vague reference to "buying" an election? You are being very passive-aggressive. All of your vague word choices insinuate that Tyler is guilty of a variety of things and yet all you can back it with is vague accusations? It's just enough to plant seeds of doubt but not enough to actually pinpoint anything that Tyler has actually done wrong, right? That's the definition of a smear campaign in my book. What people should really be tired of is smear campaigns. I know I am.

Show me something that doesn't require I make assumptions and then we can talk about it.
stopthespending

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

I pay federal income taxes every year and I know that every government contractor can be audited.
Let's open the books and see how the funds have been spent. No one is disputing that they got the money; the problem is, how did they use my hard earn tax dollars?
think-about-it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

myself wrote:
No, Bless-Your-Heart. Nice try.

You continue to apply rhetoric? A bill was introduced and passed on the subject in general. It has nothing to do with the Harpers. Stop trying to spin it to look like it does.

Not even your vague reference to the Small Business Contracting Fraud Prevention Act (S. 633) lends credibility to the smear campaign. That's old news and has no direct relationship to the Harpers. Was there some mention in it of one of Mr. DW Harper's businesses because if there was, I missed it.

If you're going to attack Tyler's family on the premise of their business model and the legislation that was introduced to regulate a model that thousands of businesses operate under then let's at least educate people a little about the bill and the contracting industry in general.

http://www.contractorsperspective.com/small-b...

April 2011: Among other things, the bill would amend the provisions of the Small Business Act relating to misrepresentations as to the status of companies as small business concerns, including HUBZone, 8(a), woman-owned, and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses.

http://web.governmentcontractors.org/content/...

Sept. 2011: Contract fraud bill unanimously passes senate
Specifically, the Small Business Contracting Fraud Prevention Act (S. 633) would provide a comprehensive oversight framework within SBA to execute effective certification, surveillance and monitoring, and robust enforcement of its entire contracting portfolio.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/blog/fe...

Feb 2012:
A new House bill introduced Thursday would address a slew of issues associated with small business contracting rules, including cracking down on loopholes that enable small business dollars to filter to larger companies and offering small businesses an opportunity to challenge agency decisions to bring contract work in house.

Sites serving government contracting industry:

http://govwin.com/
The GovWin network currently brings together 36,690 members and 18,505 companies.

http://web.governmentcontractors.org/
The National Association of Government Contractors was started in 1957 by a coalition of small business owners.

http://www.bidcontract.com/
Bid Contract is the leader in providing Government Bids, Government Contracts, and Government RFP Finder and Notification Services.

There are plenty more good sources but that should get you started.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of489
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Douglas Forum right now

Search the Douglas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cold snap 5 min cp 15
new churchs chicken 5 min no name 43
Have you seen Weston Blake White? 12 min pity 7
movers 17 min GRACE 2
Broxton Farmers market 33 min Earnest Partinski 4
Coffee Baseball (Jul '13) 1 hr Clunker 48
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr ChicknButt 39,666
Michael Clark 2 hr like a boss 50
•••
•••
•••
•••

Douglas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Douglas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••