State Senate Race!
Pope

Hahira, GA

#497 Sep 2, 2012
Saw Gene at church today. I'll say this about that young man... He sure loves Jesus and praising the Lord.
Stupid

Hahira, GA

#498 Sep 2, 2012
LOOK wrote:
The Harpers are not the only ones to receive your tax dollars look up stimlus money in any county, especially Coffee and you can see where a lot more went. ProPublica recovery.com and follow the leads.
OR GO TO THE THREAD STIMLUS IN THIS FORUM. It has about 6-7 posts, nobody seems to care. they had rather talk about such nonsense as, who's cheating on their spouse or some other usless crap.
Quite right, Tyler is the only one who took our taxes, ran for office, and told everyone he is a fiscal conservative. Get it? Everyone else was smart enough to keep their damn mouths shut.
independent

Adel, GA

#499 Sep 2, 2012
I went to a web site GovernmentContractsWon.com and typed in contracts by county:
Coffee County received $539,735.00 from the Department of Defense from the years 2001 - 2011.
Irwin County received $215,542,737.00 for the years 2001 - 2011 from the Department of Defense.
Ben Hill County received $1,042,456.00 and Atkinson County received $0, Bacon County received $5,420,834.00 and Ware County received $858,614.00 and Berrien County received $0
Do you wonder why the taxpayers are concerned??
Stupid

Auburn, AL

#500 Sep 2, 2012
independent wrote:
I went to a web site GovernmentContractsWon.com and typed in contracts by county:
Coffee County received $539,735.00 from the Department of Defense from the years 2001 - 2011.
Irwin County received $215,542,737.00 for the years 2001 - 2011 from the Department of Defense.
Ben Hill County received $1,042,456.00 and Atkinson County received $0, Bacon County received $5,420,834.00 and Ware County received $858,614.00 and Berrien County received $0
Do you wonder why the taxpayers are concerned??
Irwin county huh? Lol and who's running for state senate again?
please read

Douglas, GA

#501 Sep 2, 2012
Just Because wrote:
Did you post the stimulus website? If so, will you post again. I'm interested. Thanks!
There is a thread named Stimlus Money on here, go there to read more and get the website. Thanks for your interest.
Just Because

Douglas, GA

#502 Sep 2, 2012
http://projects.propublica.org/recovery/local...

This? These are government loans. Just about anyone who has gone to college has gotten a government loan. They are called student loans. Loans must be paid back, so the government is not losing money on these.

I thought Tyler's dad got government "contracts" (not loans) by running his business under a minority person's name. That is something completely different than a government loan.

What am I missing here? Doesn't look like we're comparing apples to apples.
Dude

Paynesville, MN

#503 Sep 2, 2012
Sen. Saxby Chambliss

RGA
Mr. Speaker, I rise today to honor one of my constituents, Roscoe Allen, Jr., of Ocilla, Georgia. Mr. Allen has been selected by the Small Business Administration as Small Businessperson of the Year for the State of Georgia, and he will represent Georgia in the selection process for the National Small Businessperson of the Year.

In just 2 years, Mr. Allen has made his mark in the competitive snack food industry. He broke into the peanut processing business by putting in long hours, traveling many miles and practicing his straightforward sales pitch to his wife and long-time friend. His company, known as the Roscoe Allen Company, is the first southern, African-American-owned peanuts and mixed nuts processor. His products are sold in grocery stores all across the southeast as well as in Texas.

Mr. Speaker, I commend Mr. Allen's commitment to providing quality products and outstanding service at an economical price and for achieving success in a competitive market in such a short period of time. I congratulate Mr. Allen and wish him all the best at the Small Businessperson award ceremony and commend him for being an outstanding example of a small businessman and to let him know that all of Georgia is very proud of him.

JB, this is one of the businesses that the Harpers are supposed to own,even though Tyler's dad is an employee.
Just Because

Douglas, GA

#504 Sep 2, 2012
Dude, I just don't believe Tyler's dad got rich working for Roscoe Allen, Jr. I'm going to be honest, I really don't know because I don't know this family. I have heard that they are really nice folks, but judging from the surface, this business relationship really does look a little suspect.
Mac

London, KY

#505 Sep 2, 2012
I look at it like this folks.....Everything the Harper's have received has been thru devious means, they haven't received anything from God, I would love to have there money but if I have to steal lie and cheat to get it then there is no way in heck I would ever want what they have!!!..The Harper's might want to stop with the mud -slinging about Gene you saw what happened to. Hatfield!!!!!!..
its all over

Douglas, GA

#506 Sep 2, 2012
No matter what you say on here, Tyler Harper will be the next Senator from the 7th District of Georgia. Next year you can suck up to him if you need a favor. Goodnight all.
Dude

Paynesville, MN

#507 Sep 3, 2012
From Douglas Enterprise;
Lifelong Coffee County resident Rocsoe Allen Jr. visited Washington D.C. on Friday July 27, at the Minority Business Roundtable Briefing.Items discussed at the meeting included "Growing Your Business - Access to Capital and Federal Contracting", The President's Agenda and Small and Minority Owned Businesses, Removing Barriers for Minority Owned Businesses to Compete, and the Obama Administration and Empowering Small Businesses. The day beore, Allen took part in a conference that had top leaders and officials from more then 160 businesses from across the globe.
Since starting the business in 1996, Allen's business earned the Small Business of the Year for Georgia in 1998, and has been featured in multiple magazines and publications including Black Business Enterprise Magazine and Georgia Trend Magazine, and the book "Against All Odds."
This really sounds like a poor dumbass ignorant black man that is being taken advantage of by his employees!
Just Because

Douglas, GA

#508 Sep 3, 2012
Oh, I have no doubt that the business is in Rocsoe's name and as far as the government is concerned, it is his. But he ain't the one getting rich from it...
Dude

Annandale, MN

#509 Sep 4, 2012
Just Because wrote:
Oh, I have no doubt that the business is in Rocsoe's name and as far as the government is concerned, it is his. But he ain't the one getting rich from it...
Then why or how could he sell his $800,000 condo to his daughter for $10? Must be doing pretty good to do something like that. Not quite as poor as you make him out to be.
independent

Adel, GA

#511 Sep 4, 2012
Roscoe does own 51 percent of the Roscoe Allen Company.
According to federal law: Under the 'disadvantaged minority' contracts rule: 124.105 What does it mean to be unconditionally owned by one or more disadvantages individulas? The legal answer:'An applicant or participant must be at least 51 percent unconditionally and directly owned by one or more socially and economically disadvantged individuals whom are citizens of the United States.
(a) Ownership must be direct.
I am assuming of course that all laws have been followed, Right?
SusieQ

Annandale, MN

#512 Sep 4, 2012
The letter of the law but not the intent. That's how it works for people who make money off the hard working citizens.They follow the letter of the law close enough to cut a thin red line on their butts but completely avoid the intent of the law. That my friend is how people like Mitt and the rest get rich,they use the money of the nation and then find ways to "avoid" the intent of the law. You know little things like bankruptcy after borrowing lots of money[keeping what they borrowed],then put it in offshore accounts so no taxes. Try that as a middle class person and see if they ask you which jail cell you prefer?
independent

Adel, GA

#513 Sep 4, 2012
SusieQ: SPOT ON!!
SusieQ

Perry, GA

#514 Sep 4, 2012
thank you thank you
Alvin

Thomasville, GA

#515 Sep 4, 2012
Mac wrote:
I look at it like this folks.....Everything the Harper's have received has been thru devious means, they haven't received anything from God, I would love to have there money but if I have to steal lie and cheat to get it then there is no way in heck I would ever want what they have!!!..The Harper's might want to stop with the mud -slinging about Gene you saw what happened to. Hatfield!!!!!!..
I think that you have this all wrong. It is "Mr. Gene Mitchell" that is doing all the mud-slinging. He has stooped so low as to copy what Hatfield had sent out in a flyer and placed it on every car at the Bacon County football game on Friday night. You and Gene's computer cronies are the ones spreading all the malious lies about the Harper family. Did he get Hatfield's permission to use the flyer? If Mr. Mitchell is such a great person, why would he do this? Or is this you Gene doing all this chatter trying to make yourself good to the four or five people that read these topix threads?
Dontknow

Fitzgerald, GA

#516 Sep 4, 2012
Have you ever seen Mr. Allen do a tv interview, or at lease try to answer questions? Bye canno make a sentence and is clueless abt what is going on in his business dealings.
its all over

Douglas, GA

#517 Sep 4, 2012
Dontknow wrote:
Have you ever seen Mr. Allen do a tv interview, or at lease try to answer questions? Bye canno make a sentence and is clueless abt what is going on in his business dealings.
Sortta like you type huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thrash on sunbream in baymeadows! (Oct '16) 2 hr Suzy 38
Plexus Sun Iafu 2
News Camden commissioners hear again from opponents ... Sun LYAO 4
info on cheap dentures (Jan '10) Sun Aliceout0fwonderland 97
Stamina.... Sun Aliceout0fwonderland 39
The Meat Place in Nicholls May 25 Austin 5
Rhonda Davis May 25 Gun Runner 32

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance