State Senate Race!
think-about-it

United States

#292 Jul 26, 2012
Consider wrote:
<quoted text>
Make what fit? Don't you think it makes sense for everyone to ask the questions and attempt to find out the answers as outlined in my spiel?
spiel (sp l, shp l) Informal. n. A lengthy or extravagant speech or argument usually intended to persuade.

You hit the nail right on the head.
honesty

United States

#293 Jul 26, 2012
From Fitzgerald wrote:
<quoted text>I pay a boatload of taxes,it don"t bother me. Wished I would have done it a long time ago!!!
yeah, crooks don't let much of anything bother them !
From Fitzgerald

Kersey, PA

#295 Jul 26, 2012
ohreally wrote:
<quoted text>. You are either a fool or a dang big liar, either way you are a looser !
We will see!!ohreally
WOW

Douglas, GA

#296 Jul 27, 2012
Anyone else get Mark Hatfield's brochure?
DoneMyHomework

Waycross, GA

#297 Jul 27, 2012
WOW wrote:
Anyone else get Mark Hatfield's brochure?
I got it. I don't know Hatfield, like or support him. However, he or someone with his campaign has researched this quite well. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they are lying about another candidate, e.g. Tyler Harper.

We have enough crooked politicians. This is a smoking-gun; the research that *I* have--not from Hatfield and done well before Hatfield's--made me quite suspicious. I have posted many of these links on here and am impressed with some of the research others have done. Inquiring minds and voters who care, will do their research and hopefully vote for someone who is..without a doubt, honest, intelligent and will represent our area and look for solutions to our education, jobs and economic woes.

As I see it, there are only 2 people in this race who fit the bill and that is Dr. Rodney Vickers and Gene (Donald) Mitchell. AND I've met all the candidates on a one-to-one basis and judged their character as well as their abilities. No way I would want Harper representing us.
impressed

Ocilla, GA

#298 Jul 27, 2012
To Donemyhomework:

We need more individuals like you who take the time and put forth the effort that it takes to research this information. I found a website
USAspending.gov that lists all government contracts by business name. I was absolutely amazed at how much tax payer dollars that some companies have received. It is a huge funding mechanism that produces a lot of wealth. Keep up the good work.
FWIW

United States

#299 Jul 27, 2012
I haven't gotten a brochure but I don't need Hatfield's information. I did my own research after reading the Bloomberg report. There are enough unanswered questions for me not to vote for Harper and to advise others to research before voting for him. Elections should be about more than popularity.
Love Coffee County

Roswell, GA

#300 Jul 27, 2012
Vote Doc! He will represent the 7th District with common sense principles. He knows and believes in agriculture. He is a board certified surgeon who always saw a patient whether they could pay or not. He knows what reforms need to take place in health care.

Rodney Vickers for State Senate!
think-about-it

United States

#301 Jul 27, 2012
DoneMyHomework wrote:
<quoted text>
I got it. I don't know Hatfield, like or support him. However, he or someone with his campaign has researched this quite well. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they are lying about another candidate, e.g. Tyler Harper.
We have enough crooked politicians. This is a smoking-gun; the research that *I* have--not from Hatfield and done well before Hatfield's--made me quite suspicious. I have posted many of these links on here and am impressed with some of the research others have done. Inquiring minds and voters who care, will do their research and hopefully vote for someone who is..without a doubt, honest, intelligent and will represent our area and look for solutions to our education, jobs and economic woes.
As I see it, there are only 2 people in this race who fit the bill and that is Dr. Rodney Vickers and Gene (Donald) Mitchell. AND I've met all the candidates on a one-to-one basis and judged their character as well as their abilities. No way I would want Harper representing us.
There is absolutely nothing that indicates that Tyler is crooked. You have yet to provide anything that documents any wrongdoing and still you beat that drum. If you met with Tyler and walked away with a negative viewpoint it is because you brought it to the meeting. I don't believe that you even met with him.

You said, "Inquiring minds and voters who care, will do their research and hopefully vote for someone who is..without a doubt, honest, intelligent and will represent our area and look for solutions to our education, jobs and economic woes." I believe that Tyler brings every bit of that and then some.
Sam

Perry, GA

#302 Jul 27, 2012
Roscoe never started any damned business, dw harper did. Roscoe don't build anything. I guess roscoe started the 4 other minority businesses the harpers have in the same building? All doing the same thing? Dateline NBC has a series this would fall under...The Fleecing of America.
Quotes are from corporation wiki!

"Marteen, Inc. has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include D W Harper and Martin Hurtado. The company's line of business includes Single-Family House Construction Whol General Groceries."

"Frontier Building Systems Inc has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include Elecia Harper, Lisa Hudson and D W Harper. The company's line of business includes Modular Building Leasing."

"Roscoe Allen Company has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include D W Harper and Walter Hudson. The company's line of business includes Mfg Prefabricated Wood Buildings Mfg Salted/Roasted Nuts/Seeds."

"FORCE3 USA, Inc. has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include Elecia Harper. The company's line of business includes Nonresidential Construction."

"Ma-Chis Lower Creek Indian Tribe Enterprises, Inc has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include D W Harper. The company's line of business includes Nonresidential Construction."

"Martin Hurtado has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include D W Harper. The company's line of business includes Real Property Lessor."

From Fitzgerald

Kittanning, PA

#303 Jul 27, 2012
Sam wrote:
Roscoe never started any damned business, dw harper did. Roscoe don't build anything. I guess roscoe started the 4 other minority businesses the harpers have in the same building? All doing the same thing? Dateline NBC has a series this would fall under...The Fleecing of America.
Quotes are from corporation wiki!
"Marteen, Inc. has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include D W Harper and Martin Hurtado. The company's line of business includes Single-Family House Construction Whol General Groceries."
"Frontier Building Systems Inc has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include Elecia Harper, Lisa Hudson and D W Harper. The company's line of business includes Modular Building Leasing."
"Roscoe Allen Company has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include D W Harper and Walter Hudson. The company's line of business includes Mfg Prefabricated Wood Buildings Mfg Salted/Roasted Nuts/Seeds."
"FORCE3 USA, Inc. has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include Elecia Harper. The company's line of business includes Nonresidential Construction."
"Ma-Chis Lower Creek Indian Tribe Enterprises, Inc has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include D W Harper. The company's line of business includes Nonresidential Construction."
"Martin Hurtado has a location in Ocilla, GA. Active officers include D W Harper. The company's line of business includes Real Property Lessor."
I hope they make 10 million this year and 20 next year!!!
conservative taxpayer

United States

#304 Jul 27, 2012
Will vote for doc. Coffee county native whom I believe will keep us at heart and fight for the district as a whole.
FWIW

United States

#305 Jul 27, 2012
From Fitzgerald wrote:
<quoted text>I hope they make 10 million this year and 20 next year!!!
I do also but not off government contracts with out competition meant to help the minority underpriviledged. A successful business (s) would be an asset for South Georgia however these business appear to have 1-3 employees sitting around waiting on the next government contracts and lots of questions.
DoneMyHomework

Waycross, GA

#306 Jul 27, 2012
think-about-it wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely nothing that indicates that Tyler is crooked. You have yet to provide anything that documents any wrongdoing and still you beat that drum. If you met with Tyler and walked away with a negative viewpoint it is because you brought it to the meeting. I don't believe that you even met with him.
You said, "Inquiring minds and voters who care, will do their research and hopefully vote for someone who is..without a doubt, honest, intelligent and will represent our area and look for solutions to our education, jobs and economic woes." I believe that Tyler brings every bit of that and then some.
I've already provide more than enough links to indicate suspicious activities by the Harpers so I don't need to prove anything to you. Besides, I'm beginning to think that you are being paid by the Harpers to be on here.

And no, when I met Tyler Harper, I had absolutely no opinion about him; I've never met him before, nor had I questioned him re: different issues. I will not tell you where/how I met and questioned him but suffice it to say it was certainly long enough for me to make an assessment of his character and more. I have had to assess people much more quickly under similar circumstances and I don't believe I made a mistake when I said I would never want Tyler Harper representing our area...or any other area, for that matter. It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not; I have no reason to lie about this. You were the one who made up things about me being influenced by Hatfied, which wasn't true---and said I should meet Tyler H. and I would feel differently. Well, I did meet him and I came away with a very bad impression. So talk all you want. I know what I saw, heard--both said and unsaid.

Always, people...look for the truth. Get the facts. Do your research/homework and then lastly, if it is political..FOLLOW THE MONEY.
DoneMyHomework

Waycross, GA

#307 Jul 27, 2012
BTW, has anyone heard of a Louise Baker working for the Harper campaign?
DoneMyHomework

Waycross, GA

#308 Jul 27, 2012
Sorry, typo's above: "I've already provided"...
And think it should be "Hatfield".
think-about-it

United States

#309 Jul 27, 2012
FWIW wrote:
<quoted text>
I do also but not off government contracts with out competition meant to help the minority underpriviledged. A successful business (s) would be an asset for South Georgia however these business appear to have 1-3 employees sitting around waiting on the next government contracts and lots of questions.
You make so many assumptions to arrive at such strong judgments.
From Fitzgerald

Kittanning, PA

#310 Jul 27, 2012
Probably 95% of people on here btching about this or that cain"t vote. Thank God!
think-about-it

United States

#311 Jul 27, 2012
DoneMyHomework wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already provide more than enough links to indicate suspicious activities by the Harpers so I don't need to prove anything to you. Besides, I'm beginning to think that you are being paid by the Harpers to be on here.
And no, when I met Tyler Harper, I had absolutely no opinion about him; I've never met him before, nor had I questioned him re: different issues. I will not tell you where/how I met and questioned him but suffice it to say it was certainly long enough for me to make an assessment of his character and more. I have had to assess people much more quickly under similar circumstances and I don't believe I made a mistake when I said I would never want Tyler Harper representing our area...or any other area, for that matter. It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not; I have no reason to lie about this. You were the one who made up things about me being influenced by Hatfied, which wasn't true---and said I should meet Tyler H. and I would feel differently. Well, I did meet him and I came away with a very bad impression. So talk all you want. I know what I saw, heard--both said and unsaid.
Always, people...look for the truth. Get the facts. Do your research/homework and then lastly, if it is political..FOLLOW THE MONEY.
You did make one statement I can agree with. Get the facts. The problem is that no one has done that.

You haven't provided anything at all that proves wrongdoing by Tyler's family and certainly not any wrongdoing by Tyler. You've offered a lot of assumptions and a lot of personal opinions worded in such a way as to make someone assume you are providing facts. You've cited links to public data that requires a reader to fill in a lot of blanks with assumption. That is not getting the facts. That is spreading rumors based on assumptions.

You have nothing to offer that lends credibility to your disdain for Tyler either which puts your credibility is in question. You didn't like him? So what. That has no bearing on his ability to do the job.

Now you're making the accusation that I'm being paid to comment? Why would you even think that? Because I make sense and can communicate with logic? Let me make this very clear for you - I support Tyler Harper for Senate and make no apology for it. I believe he has an opportunity to do good things for South Georgia for a long time to come and I hope to see that happen. He has no knowledge of me sharing that support by going to bat against this ridiculous campaign to discredit him. I really hope he isn't even wasting his time paying this any attention. There is no good explanation for this debate other than jealousy and a crooked politician's feeble attempt to cast doubt on a capable opponent. That is my opinion and mine alone. I reserve the right to share it and drive the point home with logic just as much and just as often as you reserve the right to spin webs of lies based on assumptions you have gathered from public data. The few people that read this can make their own judgment based on how they interpret the debate because there are no facts here, just opinions. Well, there is that the fact that there are no facts. LOL

Maybe you meant to spell it "Hatfiend". That would be more fitting.
From Fitzgerald

Kittanning, PA

#312 Jul 27, 2012
think-about-it wrote:
<quoted text>
You did make one statement I can agree with. Get the facts. The problem is that no one has done that.
You haven't provided anything at all that proves wrongdoing by Tyler's family and certainly not any wrongdoing by Tyler. You've offered a lot of assumptions and a lot of personal opinions worded in such a way as to make someone assume you are providing facts. You've cited links to public data that requires a reader to fill in a lot of blanks with assumption. That is not getting the facts. That is spreading rumors based on assumptions.
You have nothing to offer that lends credibility to your disdain for Tyler either which puts your credibility is in question. You didn't like him? So what. That has no bearing on his ability to do the job.
Now you're making the accusation that I'm being paid to comment? Why would you even think that? Because I make sense and can communicate with logic? Let me make this very clear for you - I support Tyler Harper for Senate and make no apology for it. I believe he has an opportunity to do good things for South Georgia for a long time to come and I hope to see that happen. He has no knowledge of me sharing that support by going to bat against this ridiculous campaign to discredit him. I really hope he isn't even wasting his time paying this any attention. There is no good explanation for this debate other than jealousy and a crooked politician's feeble attempt to cast doubt on a capable opponent. That is my opinion and mine alone. I reserve the right to share it and drive the point home with logic just as much and just as often as you reserve the right to spin webs of lies based on assumptions you have gathered from public data. The few people that read this can make their own judgment based on how they interpret the debate because there are no facts here, just opinions. Well, there is that the fact that there are no facts. LOL
Maybe you meant to spell it "Hatfiend". That would be more fitting.
Very well said. This post makes more sense than any other!!Tyler Harper Winner!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fwb 13 hr Tolerman 8
wreck hwy 32 21 hr Vannah Banana 2
James Fussell dentist 23 hr facto 1
foodstamps (Feb '11) Tue Concerned 129
Sheyanne Tue I care 1
Valerie Batten Mon Kyndal Barber 157
Who is James Hester? (Jun '17) Mon Intheknow 6

Douglas Jobs

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages