How did that poor little boy die today?
rude

Donnellson, IA

#2 Mar 7, 2013
That's really rude.
so true

Douglas, GA

#3 Mar 7, 2013
U are so right rude,I think that if anyone wanted the public to know,they would tell it.Times like these is times,ppl should pray about it.Instead of trying to put ppls private business on topix.God bless who ever the family is.My lil nephew passed away,and I know how it feels.The family is grieving,and the LAST thing they need is to have,is there business slung on topix.Please ppl have compassion.
yes

Mcdonough, GA

#4 Mar 8, 2013
All they wanted to know was what happened? There was nothing rude about that... I've had a nephew die at the age of one and if someone asked what happened i would let them know to protect their children from happening to my nephew. Y'all people are illiterate.
so true

Douglas, GA

#5 Mar 8, 2013
No we are not! People should mind there own BUSINESS! And if they wanna know what happened, for Christ sake,don't ask on Topix.The very last thing ppl need,is very private business,on here! And also if u know the ppl u would already,know what happened.So what I call it is,just people being NOSEY!!Instead of on there knees praying for the family.They on a topix site trying to be NOSEY like I said!
off beat

Fitzgerald, GA

#6 Mar 8, 2013
SIDS HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF IT IF NOT LOOK IT UP.
CHD Mommy

Douglas, GA

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Thought I would share:

My grandparent's lost 2 children. In both cases the kids who was almost 2 and 5 when they died where healthy and just fell dead while playing. They also had a other children who had what they were told was epilespy. Two of them died in their early adult life suddenly no real known cause.
When I was a child I also started having what my parents was told were seziures. While in my 20's I found out that it was not a seziure disorder but was a rare genetic heart condition and was most likly what caused my dad's sibling's death. My young child also has the condition. He isn't symptomic which means as of right now he has not passed out or had a cardiac arrest. He takes medicine every day in hopes that he never does. This condition is treatble with the right treatment.....

Experts belive that 5-10% of SIDS cases are caused by undiagnosised heart conditions. My advice to any parent or person who has a family history of sudden unexplained death in young people to consult your dr. Most people don't know they have it because sometimes they show no signs, until they or a relitive dies suddenly.

I don't know this family or any thing about them I just thought I would share in the hope of helping someone.
My thoughts anf prayers for this family.
word of mouth

Verbena, AL

#8 Mar 9, 2013
I was told from a friend of family that he was born with an enlarged heart and the cause if death was just that. He died peacefully in his sleep. Plz just pray for the family to find peace and comfort through this time.
prayers

Pearson, GA

#9 Mar 9, 2013
It seems our community has lost so many little ones. I pray this family can find some peace amid their grief. So very sad.
blah

Grayson, GA

#10 Mar 10, 2013
CHD Mommy wrote:
Thought I would share:
My grandparent's lost 2 children. In both cases the kids who was almost 2 and 5 when they died where healthy and just fell dead while playing. They also had a other children who had what they were told was epilespy. Two of them died in their early adult life suddenly no real known cause.
When I was a child I also started having what my parents was told were seziures. While in my 20's I found out that it was not a seziure disorder but was a rare genetic heart condition and was most likly what caused my dad's sibling's death. My young child also has the condition. He isn't symptomic which means as of right now he has not passed out or had a cardiac arrest. He takes medicine every day in hopes that he never does. This condition is treatble with the right treatment.....
Experts belive that 5-10% of SIDS cases are caused by undiagnosised heart conditions. My advice to any parent or person who has a family history of sudden unexplained death in young people to consult your dr. Most people don't know they have it because sometimes they show no signs, until they or a relitive dies suddenly.
I don't know this family or any thing about them I just thought I would share in the hope of helping someone.
My thoughts anf prayers for this family.
May i ask what kind of heart condition it is?
CHD MOMMY

Douglas, GA

#11 Mar 11, 2013
My family has a history of long Qt syndrome:
What is Long QT Syndrome (LQTS)?
LQTS is a disturbance of the heart’s electrical system. It is caused by abnormalities of microscopic pores (proteins) in the heart cells called ion channels.

Nearly half of patients with LQTS NEVER have a symptom!

What are the symptoms of LQTS?
•Cardiac arrest or fainting due to trademark cardiac arrhythmia called torsade de pointes
•Family history – of a SADS diagnosis, SADS symptoms, or sudden unexplained death of a family member under 50 years of age.

From the SADS website. www.sads.org

Sudden arrhythmia death syndromes (SADS) are genetic heart rhythm abnormalities conditions that can cause sudden death in young, apparently healthy people – who are undiagnosed. These conditions can be treated and deaths can be prevented. Warning Signs: family history of unexpected, unexplained sudden death under age 40; fainting or seizure during exercise, excitement or startle; consistent or unusual chest pain &/or shortness of breath during exercise.

SADS condition are passed down from parent to child with each child of an affected parent having a 50% chance of inheriting the condition. It is estimated the over half of the 4000 SADS deaths each year of children, teens, or young adults had one of the top two warning signs: 1) family history – of a SADS diagnosis or sudden unexplained death (usually undiagnosed and untreated)of a family member, or 2) fainting.
SADS conditions are when the electrical system of the heart is not working properly so there is an abnormal rhythm that occurs.

These conditions are:•Long QT Syndrome (LQTS)
•Brugada Syndrome
•Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia (CPVT)
•Short QT Syndrome (SQTS)
•Wolff Parkinson White (WPW)
Oh Dear Me

Kittanning, PA

#12 Mar 11, 2013
So it is a genetic abnormality that is passed on to the next generation and can kill quickly. This is a dangerous thing and should be monitored from birth for early diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. Once people are aware they have such a genetic condition it is their responsibility to follow up with each successive generation for medical monitoring. The same is true of many conditions. While it is tragic and horrible, such is never easy to prepare for or prevent. Thanks for informing us of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hope ever one have a great way Thanksgiving 21 hr Tolerman 1
Shayla Jewell Wed Wildlife 5
Ann Merritt Bowen Tue i WONDER WHO LOL 3
posting drama on serveral city forums Nov 20 drama buster 21
pastor tony holmes (Apr '11) Nov 20 Wake up people 30
Who knew Nov 20 B Lott 1
more sheriff talk (Mar '15) Nov 18 a perfect cop 11

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance