First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wow

Fitzgerald, GA

#42 May 17, 2011
Full of idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
When you posted this were you directing this at me? Are you saying that I'm a gossiping nosey bitch? If so, then you didn't actually take the time to read my post but in fact you made an opinion and commented on the opinion you had in your head. The very first time I posted in here was when I started this topic. I already stated that I only just recently found this forum. I moved here just recently and I don't make it a habit of going out and visiting with folks because of crap like this. If you ever think you're immune to someone talking trash and making up stories about you then you're dead wrong. When I said that most of the folks that post in here do not speak English much less proper English, I was referring to comments like this:
torriie y u gon 2 defind nebodii wen u aiint evin gon defind yoself on da 1 bot u? f*ckiin iidot
Misspelling y'all is one thing but things like above is something totally different. I mean seriously, who understands this?? If this is English then damn I am in serious trouble. When I said that people who post crap like that need to get a hobby or a job or spend time with their kids wasn't I trashing any one person, it was a general statement. I don't gossip or spread rumors, even if they are true. Not my style. I have NEVER posted on this forum until I began this topic. I only just moved here last year and I don't make it a habit of going out and visiting with folks here because of crap like this. I only just recently found this forum, which I stated earlier. People who fill their days up with bad mouthing someone in particular in a public forum DO need a hobby or a job or something else to consume their minds. They didn't wake up one morning with that person on their mind and then post garbage and then just drop it. In my opinion, when you take the time to post something so hurtful and so mean, rather it's true or not, takes some thought. Why are these people so consumed with what others are doing? You say it's a way for people to communicate with other people, well if they know that particular person so well why do they need to communicate using a public forum? From some of the post I have read, I think it’s safe to assume they know the person they are talking about personally. So go to their house; make a phone call or something other than trying to publicly humiliate that person. When they talk about someone cheating on their spouse do they think what it's doing to the other spouse? When they talk about someone are they thinking maybe their parents are reading this and man that's has to be hard for that family. My guess is that the answer is no. They don't care enough to care what the family is feeling. While I agree, people make themselves trash, you have no idea what brought them to that point. They can still change their lives but when so many people are trashing you, why would you? They would continue to feel like garbage. This is 100% a public forum where you post your opinions or something helpful for the community and all this is simply my opinion. However, it's not intended to hurt someone. I didn't take a name out of a particular post and say well you're just an assclown idiot. I am simply speaking in general. I didn't mean for this to grow into a heated debate, although in hindsight I should have seen it coming. My point then and now hasn't changed; people need to think about what they are so quick to put on the internet. If you stop gossiping about someone maybe people will stop gossiping about you and this cycle will end. And I'm sure someone is going to have something negative to say about this post and I'm ok with that. You won't impact or change my life just as I'm sure I won't impact or change any of y’alls. People are going to be people. Good and bad. It's the just the world we live in.
i changed yours. you now know how to correctly spell "y'all"!
Kar-Mel

Alapaha, GA

#43 May 17, 2011
Strong Brick House wrote:
I too come to this forum as a "newcomer." I cannot believe that alot of people on this DOUGLAS forum have the audacity to belittle someone as if they have lived a perfect life. We have all sinned and we all have trash. Don't fool yourself into thinking you don't. If each one of you that tears down another had your life and all of the darkest secrets posted on topix, like you have Alisa, I'm sure that you would think twice about posting the comments that you do. What gives any of you the right to do that? Do you not realize that words DO hurt? Do you not realize that some people have committed or attempted suicide because of the evil slander and malice inflicted upon them by individuals that more times than not that do not even know them. That have never laid eyes upon them. No one deserves to have their life broadcasted on a public forum and they certainly don't need for their children's names to be talked about. Minor children that have no control of things like this. Does it make you feel better that you are guilty of that. Is it right for a school teacher to put information about her minor students on the internet? Absolutely not! When people are broken, they don't need beating. What has happened to people today? It seems that everyone is out to cut their neighbors throats instead of caring about and helping them. Children are posting on this forum, why? School peer pressure is bad enough without adding to it. I wish that everyone that posted on topix had to register and were held accountable for what they post. Lives are being destroyed! STOP! I don't think adultery is right at all but it takes two willing souls for it to happen. Don't trash and bash Alisa like you are doing! What is Stanley Smith's part in it? Obviously he is pursuing her. It is sad for the wife, I feel for her but something is wrong in a marriage when a spouse feels he or she has to go searching elsewhere. Marriage is a lifetime committment between a man and a woman. Work at it people! Now I feel sure that someone will respond to my post in a negative manner but I don't care! I am sick and I am tired of people destroying others lives because they choose not to take thoughts captive. Grow up and GET OFF TOPIX if all you can do is steal, kill, and destroy. God loves us all equal and God DOES NOT make trash!
you call yourself telling people off, when you have done the same thing on your comment, using their names!! by using their names you are taking part in destroying lives also!! Why don't you grow up and GET OFF TOPIX yourself!! and learn to live what you preach!
My opinion

United States

#44 May 17, 2011
Until I got on here, I had no idea there were so many lowlife idiots on Douglas who had access to a computer. Much of the trashy bashing are lies to hurt someone's reputation.
Readers must beware because these idiots have found a way to anonymously post their ignorant lies.
Nothing can b done to stop it. What lawyer would want to sue some broke-ass illiterate degenerate??
ALB

Valley, AL

#45 May 17, 2011
Trashy lies don't affect people.People who live trashy lives hurt themselves. It's all about how you live your life.No one is to blame for how you live your life.
wow

Fitzgerald, GA

#46 May 17, 2011
Kar-Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
you call yourself telling people off, when you have done the same thing on your comment, using their names!! by using their names you are taking part in destroying lives also!! Why don't you grow up and GET OFF TOPIX yourself!! and learn to live what you preach!
my point EXACTLY!!!
Retired teacher

Moultrie, GA

#47 May 18, 2011
Back to the purple martin houses.....I'm sure it's nice to have hay in there, but they will bring their own nest materials if none are provided. Also, they do clean them out themselves, too. Sometimes it takes awhile to have them move in.
At our house, the martins live in the old dead, still-standing cypress trees out in the pond.

We love watching the hummingbirds. Hummingbirds migrate across the Gulf of Mexico to Mexico for the winter. I read that if you hang up your feeder by March 15th, they would soon be there. I saw the first one on March 16th.:) they come back to the same place every year, so every year when they come back, there are more. We overlook a pond, so there is plenty of water available. With six or more feeders hung on our porch, we sometimes have 20 or more buzzing around at one time. That means there are many more than that living here. Of course, that's at the peak of the summer after the new hatchlings are flying. They won't eat from the feeder if flowers are blooming, so we might not be seeing them until the flowering is over.
We feed them plain sugar water and not the red stuff they sell at the store because the red coloring kills them sometimes. They also eat insects.

On another note, soome of us on the forum only post positive comments. By the way, judge not, lest you be judged!
PinkFlamingo

Gainesville, GA

#48 May 18, 2011
RT, I did not know about the red food coloring...I had always heard that the red coloring was what attracted the hummingbirds. I also did not know that the purple martins cleaned out their nests!
Thanks for the new information!
My opinion

United States

#49 May 18, 2011
ALB posted that trashy lies do Not affect people. Well honey, you are wrong. My loved one was bashed on here with Mostly lies. A little truth...a lot of lies & personal opinions.
Believe me...it does hurt. It hurt my loved one, her children & everyone else who cared about her. The crap written on here caused so much widespread heartbreak & pain that I feel sorry for those posters who will reap what they sowed. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.
Retired teacher

Moultrie, GA

#50 May 18, 2011
Did I happen to mention that my husband and I have become alsmost self-sufficient in the vegetable and meat department? We keep a garden year-round and eat in season like our ancestors did. We not only raise chickens for eggs, but also we have hatched out some specifically for eating. We have venison in the freezer, and my husband loves fishing at the river and in the ocean. Occasionally, we buy a ham or a steak just for a splurge. We cook at home for every meal because our food is better! That also saves on gas. It also means we are SAVING money on our retirement pensions. Neither of us is old enough for Social Security. It makes us proud to be Americans!
PinkFlamingo

AOL

#51 May 18, 2011
Retired teacher wrote:
Did I happen to mention that my husband and I have become alsmost self-sufficient in the vegetable and meat department? We keep a garden year-round and eat in season like our ancestors did. We not only raise chickens for eggs, but also we have hatched out some specifically for eating. We have venison in the freezer, and my husband loves fishing at the river and in the ocean. Occasionally, we buy a ham or a steak just for a splurge. We cook at home for every meal because our food is better! That also saves on gas. It also means we are SAVING money on our retirement pensions. Neither of us is old enough for Social Security. It makes us proud to be Americans!
2 smart cookies!
adele2735

Fitzgerald, GA

#53 May 19, 2011
Retired teacher wrote:
Back to the purple martin houses.....I'm sure it's nice to have hay in there, but they will bring their own nest materials if none are provided. Also, they do clean them out themselves, too. Sometimes it takes awhile to have them move in.
At our house, the martins live in the old dead, still-standing cypress trees out in the pond.
We love watching the hummingbirds. Hummingbirds migrate across the Gulf of Mexico to Mexico for the winter. I read that if you hang up your feeder by March 15th, they would soon be there. I saw the first one on March 16th.:) they come back to the same place every year, so every year when they come back, there are more. We overlook a pond, so there is plenty of water available. With six or more feeders hung on our porch, we sometimes have 20 or more buzzing around at one time. That means there are many more than that living here. Of course, that's at the peak of the summer after the new hatchlings are flying. They won't eat from the feeder if flowers are blooming, so we might not be seeing them until the flowering is over.
We feed them plain sugar water and not the red stuff they sell at the store because the red coloring kills them sometimes. They also eat insects.
On another note, soome of us on the forum only post positive comments. By the way, judge not, lest you be judged!
Thanks so much, yeah we have hummingbirds, I love to look at them, and trying to get a pictue of them whenever I can, it's hard. But we just don't seem to be having any luck with the martins, like I said we will see them flying around but they aren't going in the houses. I told my boyfriend about the water, and he said we will try and move the houses closer to our neighbor's side where there is a pond.
Alisa Wildes

Sycamore, GA

#54 May 29, 2011
Kar-Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
you call yourself telling people off, when you have done the same thing on your comment, using their names!! by using their names you are taking me part in destroying lives also!! Why don't you grow up and GET OFF TOPIX yourself!! and learn to live what you preach!
First of all Kar-Mel I have not got on here and bashed anyone ever.Yes i have defended myself. Trust me first hand having things posted about you does hurt and it does affect you. Whether someone is acting like me, i dont know but whoever it is please stop.As far as Stanley goes yes he is a wonderful man and im not this bad creature a few of you folks have made me out to be. I want to get this straight yes he was the one persuing me texting and coming by myhouse.Everyone thinks I went for him for his money or meds from pharmacy. Bogus, i have my own money and im not proud to say but i drug test every thursday sometimes random. I cant take anything.And you know I feel great. I dont know what Stanley has $ nor do i care. We did spend alot of time togeather and at those moments we were very happy. i dont know his wife but he always seemed to b very unhappy. maybe it was a put on, i dont know. Matter of fact he still calls and has sent a few texts today. i guess im posting this because it bothers me everyone made me look like trash for seeing him but he had no role play in it. its none of anyones business what anybody does in their personal life. Again i have the up most respect for him and i think the world of him. just want everyone to quit pointing fingers and look at their own life.
what

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#55 May 29, 2011
well ain't you married Alisa...??
Alisa Wildes

Sycamore, GA

#56 May 29, 2011
what wrote:
well ain't you married Alisa...??
Well evidently my life is some what a concern of yours,atleast you will here it from me. I guess you could say by law, yes. My divorce is not finalized as of yet. In other words my thirty days are not up yet. And i would not have called that a marriage. He was like having a third child.
clozer

United States

#57 May 29, 2011
For some reason the humming birds do not come around my feeders. It might be that I have too many flowers? Also love your agrarian lifestyle Retired Teacher!
Retired teacher

Manchester, MI

#58 May 29, 2011
There are flowers blooming now for them to visit, but this drought should be driving them to your feeders now. If you are not near water, that might have caused them to leave. They don't come out in the heat of the day they do in the cool of the evening.
Thanks, closer. It's a fun lifestyle for me!
free birds

United States

#59 May 29, 2011
We have thrashers, red birds, blue birds, humming birds, blue jays, & woodpeckers. We love to bird watch. A glimpse of heaven in our yard. And can't forget the mocking birds. They sing us songs every morning.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#60 May 29, 2011
My opinion wrote:
ALB posted that trashy lies do Not affect people. Well honey, you are wrong. My loved one was bashed on here with Mostly lies. A little truth...a lot of lies & personal opinions.
Believe me...it does hurt. It hurt my loved one, her children & everyone else who cared about her. The crap written on here caused so much widespread heartbreak & pain that I feel sorry for those posters who will reap what they sowed. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.
This is exactly what I was talking about when I started this post. People have to find out trash about their family members from the post here. There have been a couple people trying to talk about something entirely different, positive,helpful or whatever and still people just keep going right back to putting someones business out there (name included) for all the world to read. This won't ever stop because people can't seem to consider having a life without making someone else's life miserable. I hope nobody ever talks about your kids this way. I hope you never have to experience the hurt that some of y'all are inflicting on other people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diana Marie Malphus Jacobs 1 hr Gun Runner 74
Best Sex Position (Jan '11) 10 hr Raymond 50
Dr MacLeod in with optim clinic in douglas 10 hr James Louis 8
Huddle house (May '14) 11 hr Casey 24
Poor 'ole neglected-looking horses on Willacooc... 11 hr gena66 54
good men 12 hr just sayin 24
Debate: Gay Marriage - Douglas, GA (Jul '10) 14 hr Brian_G 1,603
Douglas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web