the fern bank
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
johnni

Atlanta, GA

#84 Jan 3, 2013
I like the Fern Bank. Catfish House steaks are the best in town.
United

Douglas, GA

#85 Jan 3, 2013
Lobster Lover wrote:
The Catfish House has had great lobster the past two times I went. It is labor-some but worth it.
That's one of the reasons I like it at the fern. It is served tail out 8 ounces.
not

Douglas, GA

#86 Jan 3, 2013
Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>I like the catfish house also. But 90% of that packed parking lot is blue hairs. Catfish house has good food but not atmoshere or alcohol. Fern bank has all 3.
all customers are 'blue hairs' from what I've seen, alot of families frequent too. But yes there isn't alcohol, so it's not a 'bar'type atmosphere. More a family friendly place. I'm sure both are good. They've both been here forever & that's good because eating place here come & go like the wind.( Partly due to topics such as this one.)
Just Wanting

Perry, GA

#87 Jan 3, 2013
Well the problem with one of the eating placs is its so damn dark in it you cant see the dirt and roaches on the floor.So Dear MR owner of this hole of darkness turn up the damn lights and clean up the joint
Blue

Douglas, GA

#88 Jan 3, 2013
The blue hairs are the ones that can afford high prices! LOL
friend

Ashburn, GA

#89 Jan 3, 2013
hmmm i honestly think the fern bank is a great place to eat.. the atmosphere is great as well as the food.. And some Of u complaining about the Teens being up there, It's the owners business not you, And half the time there not even there anymore. The teens make me feel more comfortable because, think of it if it was just eople my age, i would think it's wierd. But The Fern Bank, is a great place to eat and drink a few beers with friends:)
Bandit

Douglas, GA

#90 Jan 3, 2013
Just Wanting wrote:
Well the problem with one of the eating placs is its so damn dark in it you cant see the dirt and roaches on the floor.So Dear MR owner of this hole of darkness turn up the damn lights and clean up the joint
Better yet dont go! Especially if normally you see roaches where ya eat. Might bring them with ya. Tripping me out at your nosey ass wanting the lights turned up where you can see whats going on with everyone else. Put your glasses on
Scott

Oxford, GA

#91 Jan 3, 2013
I love the Fern Bank there's always some slutty school teachers getting wasted throwing there there sexy ass all over the guys! Good Food Good Liquor and Fine slutty Women! What more can you ask for!!!
Just Wanting

Perry, GA

#92 Jan 3, 2013
Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>Better yet dont go! Especially if normally you see roaches where ya eat. Might bring them with ya. Tripping me out at your nosey ass wanting the lights turned up where you can see whats going on with everyone else. Put your glasses on
Why dont you kiss my nosey A&& you roach carrying bitch your self .The damn food is market priced my A&& about two time the market price you know it all you dickhead.
lol

Kathleen, GA

#93 Jan 3, 2013
Scott wrote:
I love the Fern Bank there's always some slutty school teachers getting wasted throwing there there sexy ass all over the guys! Good Food Good Liquor and Fine slutty Women! What more can you ask for!!!
funny
Concerned

United States

#94 Jan 3, 2013
How can someone get on here and bash the Fern Bank, and the owners grandchildren? Like everyone said it is "locally owned" the owners problem. 1st off they have a 100 score from the health dept. And is always always good with atmosphere and service! Even though it is a bar, it is also a family resteraunt, where kids are welcome..they also have a kids menu. The teens there is not a problem and most are paying customers. So who cares? The mother of the children homeschools her kids and two of the kids are 18 & 20. So honestly people what does it matter? The service is great wether they are there or not. People this is a great place to eat and a great bar..get it together Coffee County and support our local business thats has been good to us for over 20 years! Good Job Lane & Deborah!!!
Bandit

Douglas, GA

#95 Jan 3, 2013
Just Wanting wrote:
<quoted text>Why dont you kiss my nosey A&& you roach carrying bitch your self .The damn food is market priced my A&& about two time the market price you know it all you dickhead.
i see you can give it but can't take it. Lol at weak ass minded people. I know this much they must be doing something right. When alot of resteraunts have closed up they're still open. Now go go eat mickey d's biatch
Bandit

Douglas, GA

#96 Jan 3, 2013
Scott wrote:
That's what i'm talking bout!
Just Wanting

Perry, GA

#97 Jan 4, 2013
Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>i see you can give it but can't take it. Lol at weak ass minded people. I know this much they must be doing something right. When alot of resteraunts have closed up they're still open. Now go go eat mickey d's biatch
Just keep eating in the dark with all the hair on your food and rat and roach crap on your fine china they have in there LOL
Food Critic

United States

#98 Jan 7, 2013
Ive lived in Douglas over 20 years and the Fern Bank is my favorite place to eat out with my husband at night. The food is always great as is the service. As far as the lighting it could be a little better only because my husband can't see very well. He's 50 but his vision is terrible, lol. You get what you pay for when it comes to food in Douglas. As for the Catfish House, NOT IMPRESSED. I drive right past there every night on my way home and keep on going. I've only eaten there 2 times in the last 10 years and both times were not very good. The food was overpriced and greasy. And it took forever to get waited on. My husband and I travel a lot. By comparison I'd say the Fern Bank's food holds it's own with just about any place you can eat a good steak or other things on the menu in my book for the price. Good job Deborah and Lane.
sperm

United States

#99 Jan 7, 2013
Why do they call it the "sperm" bank?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Animal Shelter (Jun '16) 6 hr Furfan 6
Valerie Batten 18 hr Courtney 227
Macks mini mart 441 Sat playitagainSam 12
foodstamps (Feb '11) Fri Cisco 132
possum problems in Coffee (Aug '16) Thu Itsback 5
Your Posting of 3 Monkeys May 23 CuriousKat 2
Megan Swann May 23 Cbj 3

Douglas Jobs

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages