the fern bank
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
yuck

Jesup, GA

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Why is the fern bank so high when all they know how to do is burn up everything they cook I am never going back
United

Douglas, GA

#2 Dec 30, 2012
yuck wrote:
Why is the fern bank so high when all they know how to do is burn up everything they cook I am never going back
What they burn?. They won't hardly cook a steak well done?

Vegetables? Rice? Baked Potato? French Fries?

Hell there isn't much too burn.
billy

Douglas, GA

#3 Dec 30, 2012
If ya don't like it don't go......simple!
New to Douglas

Paynesville, MN

#4 Dec 30, 2012
I've hear the food is very good and a really nice bar. I'am a single guy, new to douglas. would this a nice place to hang out and maybe meet a nice girl. are there any more places to hang out?
Rihanna

United States

#5 Dec 30, 2012
New to Douglas wrote:
I've hear the food is very good and a really nice bar. I'am a single guy, new to douglas. would this a nice place to hang out and maybe meet a nice girl. are there any more places to hang out?
Yes, the food is great and so is the atmosphere .
New to Douglas

Paynesville, MN

#6 Dec 30, 2012
Rihanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the food is great and so is the atmosphere .
Do you know if they have a happy hour.
noo

Adel, GA

#7 Dec 30, 2012
New to Douglas wrote:
Not really. Not a sports pub or much here. If I had the backing or financial resources? Yes, I'd make that a business venture, set rules, policies, standards & not let riff raff brawlers, tricks and/or thugs in to start trouble. Keep it above sub par & cater to middle class, over 25, have a little sense & $ crowd. The Rocking Pub is actually ok on weekends, when they have a live band. You have to catch the right night. Also if you're looking for a truly ' nice' girl, go to a church. Good luck.( Off topic,:))
The Fern Bank is a decent place too. They have been in business here for many many years so something must be going right.
Not For Me

Perry, GA

#8 Dec 30, 2012
The Fren Bank is very salty on the food and not very good no matter what you order. As far as drinking there, it is crowded with tables, too loud with conversation and music, and not lite so that you can see what you are drinking. I have been may be three time since moving here 12 years ago. Each time I hoped it had improved, but nothing. I'm 31, so young enough to appreciate a good restaurant and bar when I get in one.
fern bank fan

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2012
Iv been going to the fern bank for years, the prices are to par with what they serve, the food is awesome, and the staff is friendly. Of course there are going to be times when things aren't perfect though, that's the resaturant business..if you truely are looking for over priced gross food, go to Ruby Tuesdays and eat some of their pre packaged fish and steak.
Bandit

Douglas, GA

#10 Dec 30, 2012
Not For Me wrote:
The Fren Bank is very salty on the food and not very good no matter what you order. As far as drinking there, it is crowded with tables, too loud with conversation and music, and not lite so that you can see what you are drinking. I have been may be three time since moving here 12 years ago. Each time I hoped it had improved, but nothing. I'm 31, so young enough to appreciate a good restaurant and bar when I get in one.
Wow 3 times in 12 years, doubt they'd miss your business
Bandit

Douglas, GA

#11 Dec 30, 2012
People kill me talking about overpriced food. Thats why nothing worth having will last in douglas. Damn keep eating old times and die with a heart attack. Or stay home and cook what ya bought with food stamps. Its not ruth chris
bwit

Douglas, GA

#12 Dec 30, 2012
The fern bank is owned by my best friend's family and I've been there multiple times, although i am not old enough to drink, the atmosphere is wonderful, its a place where friends come to have a good time, and as far as the food and prices, their food is amazing. better than you can get at any fast food or sit down restaurant in douglas, the prices arent horrible, they are reasonable for the quality of food you are getting. Good friends, Good food, and always a great visit when I stop by.
Not Much Here Either

Perry, GA

#13 Dec 30, 2012
Bandit wrote:
<quoted text>Wow 3 times in 12 years, doubt they'd miss your business
I've not at there much since we moved here as well. That has been about 6 years, so I'm on par with that. We don't like over salted food or steaks that are not cooked as ordered. I don't frequent many restaurants around here. We save big bucks by not eating out. We don't do fancy coffees or fast food much either. When we travel to larger towns for an all day shopping trip, doctors, or business, we pack a cooler of water, snacks, and treat ourselves to dinner somewhere, not usually a chain either. There is a nice Greek place in Valdosta and a small mom and pop Italian place we frequent. We also like to do picnics when the weather is nice, so we pack a cooler for that as well. Tifton has a nice city park to place, rest, and eat. I wish Douglas had a nice established city park. The only place we go here is behind the high school. At least it isn't crowded, trashed, or run down.
sad

Grinnell, IA

#14 Dec 30, 2012
Love the food but the workers have all there teen girls staying in the way and running in and out,the mama to these teen girls needs to be reported they look like they are hookers down there with all these married men going in and out! you no it is a bar and a place of business.. food is good but alot of my friends like myself says that is not a hang out for teens!
Doc

Thomaston, GA

#15 Dec 30, 2012
The Catfish House has the best steaks in town. Delicious steaks at a great price.
shark

Mount Pleasant, IA

#16 Dec 30, 2012
and there is a group of people who sit up there and get drunk every weekend... it gets obnoxious
Love the Fern Bank

Roswell, GA

#17 Dec 30, 2012
It is one of my favorite places to eat. I just always tell them to go light on the seasoning. Great pork. This song reminds me of the Fern Bank!

I love this bar
It's my kind of place
Just walkin' through the front door
Puts a big smile on my face
It ain't too far, come as you are
Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this bar

I've seen short skirts, we got high-techs
Blue-collar boys and rednecks
And we got lovers, lots of lookers
And I've even seen dancing girls and hookers
And we like to drink our beer from a mason jar

Yes I do

I like my truck (I like my truck)
I like my girlfriend (I like my girlfriend)
I like to take her out to dinner
I like a movie now and then

But I love this bar
It's my kind of place
Just trollin' around the dance floor
Puts a big smile on my face
No cover charge, come as you are
New to Douglas

Paynesville, MN

#18 Dec 30, 2012
Sounds like a lot of fun at this bar, nice song.
no steak sauce needed

Atlanta, GA

#19 Dec 30, 2012
The Catfish House has by far the best steaks in Douglas. Absolutely delicious.
corner pocket

Hahira, GA

#20 Dec 30, 2012
I love the Fernbank. I love the seasoned steaks. The salad bar is super fresh. I love the atmosphere. Drinks are great. I know lots of people who come from out of town to eat there. Also, several people that have moved off that stop by to eat when they are in town. If you don't care for the seasoning you can ask them to skip it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bear Creek Trailer Park (Feb '13) 2 hr sissy Jane 3
Peaches gentlemen club 2 hr Toogood 13
Best Nail Salon in Douglas 3 hr Early 1
Fun Place 6 hr shocked 1
Blacks 7 hr Toogood 2
Brittany porter 19 hr Irrelevant 2
double murder Sun more coffee troubles 3

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance