Wild Morel Mushrooms???Anyone hunt fo...

Wild Morel Mushrooms???Anyone hunt for them and might know where?

Posted in the Douglas Forum

back2stay

Vidalia, GA

#1 Apr 7, 2010
I am on a wild goose chase for morel mushrooms. I am in the vidalia area and wanted to know if anyone knows if they grown here and have any ideas what to look for in this area for them. They grow wild everywhere up north and they should come here first. Help me plz and if you havent tried them get some and fry them with garlic and salt in a lot of butter...thanks
bobbyjoe

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Apr 8, 2010
Sounds tasty but I'm too scared to eat any mushrooms found.
Don't know enough about them.
back2stay

Vidalia, GA

#3 Apr 9, 2010
There are some poisonous ones out there but morel mushrooms are very distinct in the look...they look like a Christmas tree shape. They are my favorite and in looking up them on the net i found that there are dozens of edible mushrooms in the woods of Georgia..you do have to be careful though..

“Yeah, I'm a REBEL!”

Since: Feb 10

Douglas

#4 Apr 9, 2010
I too, love mushrooms, but I always get mine from the grocery store.

“nunya business”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 9, 2010
i'll stick to berries in the wild
HAPPY GO LUCKY

Hephzibah, GA

#6 Apr 10, 2010
THEY GROW ALL OVER KY!!!! I have never known of any growing here in southwest GA, i sure would like to have some they are so good.
back2stay

Vidalia, GA

#7 Apr 10, 2010
I have been researching and they have been spotted in north ga around atlanta, cummings, and as far south as macon...you can buy them on ebay but at this point they are very expensive. i am gonna keep a keen eye out for them because they have been some sightings over the years around savannnah and hopefully vidalia...
Cal

Ocilla, GA

#8 Apr 10, 2010
I've lived in S. Ga all of my life and don't recall ever seeing a christmas tree shaped mushroom. I've heard wild stories about the ones that grow on cow patties though!
HAPPY GO LUCKY

United States

#9 Apr 10, 2010
Cal wrote:
I've lived in S. Ga all of my life and don't recall ever seeing a christmas tree shaped mushroom. I've heard wild stories about the ones that grow on cow patties though!
Make sure you stay away from the cowpies those mushrooms are as powerful as l.s.d.Someone was trying to fly after drinking the mushroom tea. Lots of teens was drinking the tea made from the mushrooms one killed his parents after drinking the tea.
Dingleberry

Gainesville, GA

#10 Apr 22, 2010
im looking for the psilocybin shrooms. Anyone have those?
john

Atlanta, GA

#11 Apr 16, 2011
we just found a dozen of them on a park near roswell ga off of hwy 92
Hiker

Bryson City, NC

#12 Apr 16, 2011
Have seen them in NC the last couple of weeks. Grow around poplar trees and apple trees up here. Didn't know anything about them but run up a few people looking for them. Only grow here for about three weeks. Found one that was really big before we left the campground. According to what the people looking for them told me, the one I found would have been worth around $40. They said 6 or 7 small ones sell for about $30.
iii

West Fork, AR

#13 Apr 16, 2011
You can buy a kit to grow them that works really great. I enjoyed mine. Its like 33 Bucks. http://www.gmushrooms.com/morel/ hope I was some help.
Ohio

Moultrie, GA

#14 Apr 20, 2011
Cal wrote:
And you will not in South Ga........they are a Northern mushroom.....google and you will see them......and they are GREAT!!! You may find some in north Ga...noticed that on a site........but not this far south.....way to warm.....
They should be just coming into season in Ohio..........I miss them!
alyssa

Smyrna, GA

#15 Jul 19, 2012
john wrote:
we just found a dozen of them on a park near roswell ga off of hwy 92
holy shit. i live in marietta and i would love to locate some psilocybin mushrooms. my concern is not being an expert on mushroom species and confusing a psychoactive species with a deadly one.:x
shroomhunter

Douglas, GA

#16 Jul 25, 2012
Dingleberry wrote:
im looking for the psilocybin shrooms. Anyone have those?
you know where bridgetown is?
David

Douglas, GA

#17 Jul 25, 2012
You People don't have a clue.
legal mushroon lover

Douglas, GA

#18 Jul 26, 2012
While you are in the subject, I would appreciate some info. I love the white button mushrooms and the portobello ones as well. Is there anywhere to get the growing kits around here? Or cheap on-line? The only ones I see are on-line and far too expensive.
Lilovbunn

Atlanta, GA

#19 Apr 5, 2015
I live in Perry Ga and found a decent area for morels... We found about 2 lbs today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girl murdered (Dec '08) 4 hr Fender 322
Larissa Pelham/Harper 8 hr Mommyofone 36
The final chapter 8 hr -Morphine- 4
Dr. William Macleod at Optim 13 hr Scotty 2
Best Dentist 14 hr Scotty 1
mustang sally 16 hr stamina 5
School Board Elections 23 hr vote no incumbent 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages