gjg

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

What are all the cops doing at the fountain in downtown Douglas?
Wondering the same thing

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Not sure...just came through and wondered the same thing.
Buggy whip

Abbeville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Writing seat belt violations. Illegal road block is what it really is. Patrol cars parked in Atkinson Plaza. No blue lights on. When you stop for redlight on Madison ,Peterson or Ward Streets cops step around corner shining flashlights in your car. It is a wonder somebody has not pulled a gun on these morons. Thanks for the great law enforcement work Chief Casteloes and Sheriff Wooten.
Go chase murderers and leave honest people who don't wear their seatbelts alone.
This is the new JUMP-OUT BOYS!!!!
P.S. I did not get a ticket. I had my seat belt on.
Gun Runner

Fairborn, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Yea! Real Crime Fighting! Bout damn time!

Go get them criminals.
end of month

Adel, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

They are meeting quotas, this is pretty standard at the end of the month.They are just getting more creative lol
satisfied customer

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Did not see city or county, just state patrol. They were in full view of the intersections. Nothing illegal about their actions. Always something to gripe about.
Buggy whip

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

satisfied customer wrote:
Did not see city or county, just state patrol. They were in full view of the intersections. Nothing illegal about their actions. Always something to gripe about.
You should get your eyes checked. ALL 3 groups were there I talked to several of them. While they JUMPED my car.. LOL
road blocks

Ashburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Road blocks should be legal. I'll drive through any road block all day long. Because I don't have anything to hide. Let them meet their quotas with lawbreakers. That's great.
D___ A __Cops

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

I only saw state patrol also,and they were not in full view of the intersections and there was deffinately no blue lights on. We stopped at the redlight at the intersection of ward and madison ad they came walking out from nowhere. I didn't know who was advancing on my vehicle. They had cars lined up and down both sides of ward street.
Working Woman

Chula, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

I agree they should be allowed to do their job, without hearing all this grief, everybody wants them when they need them but when they want to break the law they cry police abuse.. smh. I have nothing to hide. And I would like to know they are out there trying to get dope heads out from behind the wheels of a car, or a drug dealer off the streets..
someonespecial

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

do you ever stop to think they may be looking for a certain person or vehicle, maybe thru the tip line...quotas are bullshit..cops do thier jobs, there is not an x amount of tickets...if something were to happen to one of you or your loved ones..who ya gonna call????......thought so
someonespecial

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

if you ae not satisfied with the administration that the coffee county people voted in...leave...its that simple
citizeny

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

D___ A __Cops wrote:
I only saw state patrol also,and they were not in full view of the intersections and there was deffinately no blue lights on. We stopped at the redlight at the intersection of ward and madison ad they came walking out from nowhere. I didn't know who was advancing on my vehicle. They had cars lined up and down both sides of ward street.
When I came through by Eve's about 8:15 the trooper stepped off the curb to my car and I rolled down my window to see what he wanted. He was checking for seatbeat usage. They don't have quotas for seatbelts.
really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

15 unsolved murders and all they can do is jump cars checking for seatbelts....are you serious...gotta love coffee county...hehe
omg

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

WOW,I am so glad I didn't go that way.If they was doing as some say they was,which I don't know,but if so that would of SCARED the crap outta me.I would of thought I was getting robbed or something.GOODNESS!!!
Devils Advocate

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

GSP, CCSO and DPD has other crimes to look at also. I feel for he families of the unsolved deaths {so called murders} but everybody cannot stop patroling and doing other police work and all get on to murder cases. Life goes on in other police work. If you are not breaking the law, then you have nothing to FEAR.
grumpy

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

The city does have quotas to meet
Old Salt

Helena, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

For yall with short memories there were 3 killed in Nov who were not restrained. The officers are trying to prevent more of the same. If they can save a life, let them keep writing tickets to folks too stupid to buckle up.
buckle up

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

put your seat belts on and there won't be any issues..but yea law agencies do this kind of thing at the end of the month to meet quotas, this is common knowledge.
mommy

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Good for the law!

I am disgusted by the people that don't wear seat belts. ESPECIALLY THE FOLKS WITH THEIR KIDS BOUNCING AROUND UNRETRAINED.
It is a violation, deal with it.

Keep your car registered with insurance and wear your belts and it won't matter if you get stopped by a road block.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Douglas Forum right now

Search the Douglas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jobeth Thomas and Eliza Bell 24 min erica mullis 40
AT&T/Alltel Phone Upgrades? 1 hr HAY 12
Jessica Bustos 2 hr jessica bustos 35
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr rename 39,353
Kobe? 5 hr well now 2
new churchs chicken 6 hr well now 37
gods not dead 6 hr well now 53
First baptist 7 hr Gun Runner 15
Douglas 8 hr proud 24
Johnny's pizza Wed think about it 44
bank robbery Wed Please 7
•••

Flood Watch for Coffee County was issued at April 17 at 2:24PM EDT

•••
•••
•••