Rehobeth teacher faces sex with student charges

Apr 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dothan Eagle

Houston County Sheriff Andy Hughes said investigators arrested Robert Lee Michel, 43, of Dothan, just after 9 p.m. Friday and charged him with three felony counts of school employee engaging in a sex act with a student under the age of 19.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated May 9, 2012
traveler

Valparaiso, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

When Michel was asked for a comment he replied "you ain't seen nuthin till you're down on a muffin."
In the know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

When Michel appears before the judge and is asked what does he plea I am sure he will say insanity. No doubt the judge will ask on what grounds does he base such a plea. Michel will say your honor I am just crazy about the young stuff.
I know too

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

If you know his daddy you understand how he turned out to be a child molester.
Idont know

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

what about past practice. Odom was caught in columbia and now he is principle in ashford. ask smith for the tape in columbia. this was a cover up
Concerned Citizen

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Idont know wrote:
what about past practice. Odom was caught in columbia and now he is principle in ashford. ask smith for the tape in columbia. this was a cover up
When Odom did it there was no law against sex between a student and teacher as long as the student was over the age of consent. Now there is a law in Alabama that makes it a felony even if the student is over the age of consent but under 19.
I dont know

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
When Odom did it there was no law against sex between a student and teacher as long as the student was over the age of consent. Now there is a law in Alabama that makes it a felony even if the student is over the age of consent but under 19.
This started Webb with a eight grade student which was very young. anyway a teacher should not mess around any teenager in school, male or female
Concerned Citizen

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

I dont know wrote:
<quoted text>This started Webb with a eight grade student which was very young. anyway a teacher should not mess around any teenager in school, male or female
If this is true and could be proven it would indeed be statutory rape, unless that was one really old eighth grader. Apparently, it could not be proven because Bubba never went to prison and he is now a principal.
I dont know

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

Odom left the school for almost 5 yrs. for it to quiten down. School supt bond got him and place odom in Cottonwood. They was a tape at smith s.c. in columbia.
truth

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

jk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Dothan Forum right now

Search the Dothan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 17 hr Truth B Told 204
Houston County Crooked Cops (Jun '13) Jul 26 need good man 158
Kinsey Alabama History (Jun '06) Jul 25 woofpack 5,495
Debate: Marijuana - Dothan, AL (Aug '10) Jul 24 lil home 38
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Give Him a Brain 84
Rickey Stokes = Horrible Person (Nov '13) Jul 15 EX Connie 25
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Rep 704
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dothan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dothan People Search