Houston County Jail Update

Houston County Jail Update

There are 185 comments on the WTVY Dothan story from May 12, 2006, titled Houston County Jail Update. In it, WTVY Dothan reports that:

A Crimestoppers reward is being offered to any information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for leaving a loaded gun with inmates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVY Dothan.

Incredulous

Dothan, AL

#102 Jul 17, 2012
read it here, you do realize that the article you linked to about Houston County deputies using a pressure washer is a Houston County GEORGIA article, right?
they anint telling

Dothan, AL

#103 Jul 17, 2012
why wont the sheriff wrote:
<quoted text>tells all of houston,county what happened to a inmate in monkey town.well we will try to tell you why i think the driver of the van that was in monkey town the driver of the van was on his telephone he ran a red light and had a wreck thats not the only thing that happened i think there was 1 more car and a big truck in the wreck and the inmate died in the van that was being drove by houston county. beside not watching what was going on thats when the wreck happened and the inmate died from everything i can find. if the man was not on the phone the driver of the van may have not gotten in a wreck everone should have there day in court so just say the sheriff was the boss so i have tried to find out what happend to the driver of the van all i have got so far is he took 3days off and hes back at work at the county so black or white and all people should have their day in court.i think all this happened on andys watch.to sum it up if you are going to monkey town ,hope you got some good life ins. this sould never happened!! this is the best that i was told what happened and a man was talking on a phone.that was driving the van.
maybe the new sheriff will tell us when he get in office in a few.
clean yourself

Dothan, AL

#104 Jul 17, 2012
Incredulous wrote:
read it here, you do realize that the article you linked to about Houston County deputies using a pressure washer is a Houston County GEORGIA article, right?
how you know you a crok to cover up the man tazed by cop and died thats news to all pal get you a smoke and try to get in shape.houston county you lost at the overpath.you do not know were they at maybe another cover up so thats it. get back to work at your post before your boss sees you playing hop scotch and jump rope.you on houston county .you the van driver maybe
did not get fair trial

Dothan, AL

#105 Jul 17, 2012
Police are investigating a local man's death... After he was tased by a Houston County Sheriff's Deputy.
The incident happened just outside Houligans on Montgomery Highway. The Dothan Police Department received a call about an intoxicated person around 1:48 Monday morning. A Houston County Sheriff's Deputy was the first to arrive on the scene.
"From what I understand it started inside and the personnel that works at Houligans struggled with him and called law enforcement,” said Dothan Police Department, Chief Greg Benton.
"He wouldn't quit struggle and kept trying to reach into his pocket for something and the sheriff tased him and then other officers got onto the scene pretty quick of course,” said Owner of Houligans, Blake Phillips.
The suspect, Johnny warren is from Forest Park, Georgia. Houligans owner, Blake Phillips tells me this isn't the first time he has had trouble with warren. Phillips says he met warren in December of last year where there was a similar incident which resulted in warren's arrest.
"He just snaps and gets real belligerent and last time I was able to calm him down and get him to a cab,” said Phillips.
Unfortunately things ended differently this time.
"Ended up pushing a guy into the window and one of my employees two of my employees one was off duty one was on duty just grabbed him and held him down and called the police,” said Phillips.
"The deputy warned the suspect several times before tasing him here in front of the bar."
After the initial tase the deputy was still unable to gain control and continued tasing warren multiple times. Shortly after medical assistance was requested because the suspect was going in and out of consciousness. When Dothan fire department paramedics arrived they began c-p-r and warren was taken to flower hospital where he was later pronounced dead at 3:16 Monday morning.
"I think he had problems that I can’t describe I don't know what his life was."
The alabama bureau of investigation is now looking into the case, and the deputy has been placed on administrative leave until further notice.
Officials can't confirm the tasing caused warren's death. They believe he was in the Dothan area to be in court today. That hearing was for the charges related to the incident that happened at hooligans back in December.
see crokswasher

Dothan, AL

#106 Jul 17, 2012
read it here wrote:
Houston County sheriff’s deputies disciplined in pressure washer incident appealPublished: July 16, 2012 Updated 44 minutes ago.
http://www.macon.com/2012/07/16/2096298/houst...
do how can you trust a crok when they kill someone and how many cops do it take to put a person thats 175 pounds in a police car and take to the hospital.why you cops tase a man two times and dies. maybe you need to get better in shape
would you please

Dothan, AL

#107 Jul 18, 2012
see crokswasher wrote:
<quoted text>do how can you trust a crok when they kill someone and how many cops do it take to put a person thats 175 pounds in a police car and take to the hospital.why you cops tase a man two times and dies. maybe you need to get better in shape
just turn out the lights we got to sleep. we got to get up early and got to the glades and wrestle gators.
maybe try

Dothan, AL

#108 Jul 19, 2012
see crokswasher wrote:
<quoted text>do how can you trust a crok when they kill someone and how many cops do it take to put a person thats 175 pounds in a police car and take to the hospital.why you cops tase a man two times and dies. maybe you need to get better in shape
gator wrestling babywolf of the wolfpack maybe is 160 pounds and wrestles 800 pounds live gators maybe have your cops work out with the gators maybe they will get faster and maybe stronger if not just get more people to replace the ones that cant handle the work. that maybe says they to slow or cant handle the stress.
you got your

Dothan, AL

#109 Aug 1, 2012
Incredulous wrote:
lights on well maybe read this is this alabama or ? never heard that other place .

Since: Jun 09

Dothan, AL

#111 Aug 27, 2012
babywolf is tougher than any you he wrestling 800 pound gators he our next sheriff pick in houston county
what does incredulous

Dothan, AL

#112 Aug 31, 2012
Incredulous wrote:
mean is that the name of the pressure washer
babywolf make good

Dothan, AL

#113 Nov 22, 2012
Thisismytown wrote:
babywolf is tougher than any you he wrestling 800 pound gators he our next sheriff pick in houston county
next sheriff he wrestles 800 pound gators he will train all the staff how to use hand to hand combat hes so tuff they have to make his sterring wheel out of pure steel. yall can use a little work out maybe a swim from cuba to key west if you make it you pass your first work out.dont worry about sharks just kick them in the nose they want bother you now what kind of training yall do maybe run 3 miles a day to get warmed up hope babywolf gets you in shape it can save money and bet you can swim faster.
hear gas going up

Dothan, AL

#116 Nov 26, 2012
yall maybe get the bikes out or catch a ride in a cab
what happened

Dothan, AL

#119 Dec 11, 2012
to the inmate? ok we wait till yall get your story out.
ok where is the driver

Dothan, AL

#120 Dec 11, 2012
of the van that ran a red light in montgomery and he was talking on phone. and hit a car and maybe a truck and that inmate died? did he get a fair trail? and how much did this cost the county on andy watch?
postmaster

Dothan, AL

#121 Dec 11, 2012
what happened wrote:
to the inmate? ok we wait till yall get your story out.
we look at yalls story .
this sounds fish

Dothan, AL

#122 Dec 11, 2012
What happened to this man???
Read http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/article.php/i...
mr ed talking horse

Dothan, AL

#123 Dec 12, 2012
no luther does not offend me by the way he is treating doug valeska and andy hughes i see that on ricky stokes. uncle luther is my uncle.sounds to me uncle dont like yall maybe to much BINGO.
ANDY SAYS

Dothan, AL

#124 Dec 12, 2012
the law is not clear.why dont you know the clear law ANDY?
MASKED BANDIT

Dothan, AL

#125 Dec 12, 2012
DOUG valeska says. law is not clear. well get you some new glasses.
read about it www.rickeystokesnews.com/article.php/does-it-...
rambo

Dothan, AL

#126 Dec 12, 2012
ANDY SAYS wrote:
the law is not clear.why dont you know the clear law ANDY?
http://www.rickeystokesnews.co m/article.php/does-it-offend-y ou-the-way-luther-strange-has- treated-doug-valeska-and-andy- hughes-38014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dothan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kinsey Alabama History (Jun '06) Apr 2 rip off by sewage... 5,560
do you have sewage from dothan Apr 2 rip off by sewage... 1
did you get your sewage and water bill yet Apr 2 rip off by sewage... 1
did you get your sewage and water bill yet Apr 2 rip off by sewage... 1
shirley johnston Mar '18 Smedley Forkwart 1
What happened to Ryles Chapman (Feb '16) Jan '18 Bjmilla 2
News Cowarts Man Charges with Rape and Sodomy Jan '18 Justice For Our G... 5

Dothan Jobs

Personal Finance

Dothan Mortgages