Review: Cliff Bruce Studio

Posted in the Doswell Forum

DDD

Washington, DC

#1 Sep 17, 2008
My wife and I were married in 2006 and it is now 2008. We have yet to receive any photos from Cliff. We made payment and placed orders 4 months after the wedding and it has now been 2 years without receiving our photos. Cliff will be reported to the BBB and will be hearing from our attorney.
DDD

Washington, DC

#2 Feb 17, 2009
Cliff resolved our issue in November 2008.
DDD wrote:
My wife and I were married in 2006 and it is now 2008. We have yet to receive any photos from Cliff. We made payment and placed orders 4 months after the wedding and it has now been 2 years without receiving our photos. Cliff will be reported to the BBB and will be hearing from our attorney.
Lauren

Richmond, VA

#3 Feb 17, 2009
I did not have this problem with Cliff. He was a little slow on getting us out book, however, he got our proofs back to us rather quickly. He also added in extra photos that we did not order that were mounted. Cliff's photographers were AWESOME at our wedding in 2005 with a variety of black and white photos... I am sorry to hear that you had such a problem with him and his services... He was not that good on the book-keeping of when/what I paid, so make sure you keep a record. I just think he forgot to write it down. It's a good thing my hubby and I are honest people, b/c we could have walked away with a lot for a little money....
Helen

New Kent, VA

#4 Feb 18, 2009
CLIFF is awesome in all areas !!! His portraits are the best you can have done anywhere, his demeanor is genuine, and he is truely a wonderful person with whom to do business!!! Our family will use Cliff Bruce Studio for years to come!
Karen

Glen Allen, VA

#5 Mar 21, 2011
We recently had family pictures with Cliff. One teenage daughter had a melt down at the studio and Cliff was awesome. He suggested we reschedule when she was feeling better. When we returned, he spent a long time with us getting the right shot. His pictures were great! He did tell us it would take approximately 2 months for the photos to be touched up and mounted. It was worth the wait! Best pictures we have ever had to date!
Porter

Denver, CO

#6 Jun 27, 2011
Cliff's wife took our wedding photos in 1996. I have been trying for over a year to get a hold of them to view our photos and am extremely disappointed to not have any progress. I was told last fall they cannot find them and were doing everything they can to resolve. I wrote them recently wondering if there was any progress (since yet another anniversary was coming and not only I, but my in laws are interested in seeing and buying more photos) and have never heard a peep. I am quite disappointed in the follow through and the loss of my photos. I realize the photos may not be replaceable, but finding a way to get copies made from what remains or some sort of effort would at least make me feel like they are acknowledging their problem.
Lisa

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Cliff was great for the actual session and did manage to deliver one print after quite a long wait but after that has been a serious disappointment and has failed to deliver additional prints I ordered and paid for in advance. I waited quite a while for the additional prints and he just did not respond to repeated emails. I finally asked for my money back and eventually he sent the money. However, he still owes me one 8X10 from the original package I ordered and he is just not responding to me. I am very frustrated and would not recommend ever hiring him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doswell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Thornburg Auto & Truck Repair Mon gary 1
Kelci Filback (Nov '11) Oct 15 Thats right 6
I'm about to me to Lake Land Or am I stupid? (Apr '08) Oct 15 NEVER AGAIN 52
Montpelier landlord starts FB war with DVs Oct 11 mjm 2
recommended powerwashing companies Oct 6 DCMike 1
Any T-Mobile Users ? Sep 27 Hopethishelps 3
Did Lake Land'Or ever get Comcast Broadband? Sep '14 Matt 3
Doswell Dating
Find my Match

Doswell Jobs