Marine, home on leave, dies in motorc...

Marine, home on leave, dies in motorcycle accident

There are 70 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from May 19, 2008, titled Marine, home on leave, dies in motorcycle accident. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A motorcyclist, home on leave from the United States Marine Corps, died in an accident on US-131 that authorities believe happened sometime Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Julie

Poquoson, VA

#61 May 20, 2008
People need to quit talking badly about this man. I did not know him but he was a marine who served our country. Who knows what he has seen and been through. I'm sure all of you talking badly have been guilty of speeding your vehicles at some point. The difference on a bike is that any little thing can make you lose control. I'm sure this man knew that. That's not the point. He's gone, america lost a hero. I guess if the family can find any comfort in knowing that he died doing something it sounds like he loved to do.

My thoughts are with the family and will continue to be through this holiday weekend.

Ignore all the people talking crap on here. There are people out there that care! I'm 24 years old and have had lots of friends go to Iraq and I truly think ALL of our service men and women are heros! I don't think I'd ever be able to do it. Just know that for every bad comment there are a 100 good comments. It sounds like he was a great guy!
Tom and Ang LaRue

Grand Rapids, MI

#62 May 20, 2008
Noah was an extended part of our family. So very much like a son to us and brother to our kids. He was always there in times of need, and could always make you smile, even when you were at your lowest point.

We will always remember his free spirit, willingness to do anything that needed to be done, and his goals for his future! We'll always be proud of him! He spoke many times of joining the Marine's and then one day he was gone.

I am thankful I was able to keep in touch with him through MySpace while he was over there. Our kids and us are so torn up over this.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Juanita and all of Noah's family and other friends! He sure was a one of a kind and one that will NEVER be forgotten!

Thank you Noah for so many wonderful times! For serving our country and for just being you!

All our love and prayers!
The LaRue Family
Martin, MI
Mike and Julie Tackett

Hamtramck, MI

#63 May 20, 2008
Juanita, Bill, Terry, and the entire Cole family, Our thoughts and prayers go out to and your family. Noah was agreat "kid" young man with a big heart that would help anybody in need. We are very thankful and proud of him for enlisting in the Marines and fighting for our country and freddom that we all take for granted everyday. Noah, God Bless and we love you and will miss you. Love, Mike and Julie and Family
Commander

Grand Rapids, MI

#64 May 20, 2008
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
The authorities told her he had been through the course...
Which I'm sure he probably was.. since the Military requires it to have a bike on base.
Scroll down about 2/3rds of the page on the left and read the "off Duty" comments.
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/
Steve - The comment was correct in light of the broadcast from Ms. Morrison. Dee's original statement equated the driver license cycle endorsement with passage of the safety course. Such an association was incorrect -- and that's what the original poster pointed out. This fine young man may have passed the course, but it was her association that was incorrect.

As a commanding officer serving in the military, you are correct of the need to pass the MSF Basic Rider's course for on-base/on-post riding. I completed this course and ride my motorcycle frequently. What you should know is that a number of our military members do NOT do this and only ride their bikes off base -- or back home. With 30 years of riding experience, I still found this course invaluable and would ask that any family or friend of a motorcycle enthusiast please encourage them to complete the course.

This is no judgment on Noah -- simply a correction of the facts -- both yours and those of WOOD TV.

Prayers continue for the grieving friends and family of this Marine -- including the men and women of his unit.
Janet

Holland, MI

#65 May 20, 2008
First - prayers go out to the family.
I was in the GR main post office today and overheard someone trying to find information on how to get a military flag, etc for the grave site. Talk to your funeral home director, they know how to do this. Or, go thru the township where the cementary is located. Hope this helps, he deserves to be honored forever!
Tracy

Plainwell, MI

#66 May 20, 2008
My prayers to the family for the loss of an American Hero!!
wrestler friend

Kalkaska, MI

#67 May 20, 2008
Noah was a very nice kid we enjoyed him on the Martin wrestling team a very easy going kind young man I just hope his family knows the Martin community loves them and our hearts and prayers are going out to them much love
Steve

Big Rapids, MI

#68 May 20, 2008
Commander wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve - The comment was correct in light of the broadcast from Ms. Morrison. Dee's original statement equated the driver license cycle endorsement with passage of the safety course. Such an association was incorrect -- and that's what the original poster pointed out. This fine young man may have passed the course, but it was her association that was incorrect.
As a commanding officer serving in the military, you are correct of the need to pass the MSF Basic Rider's course for on-base/on-post riding. I completed this course and ride my motorcycle frequently. What you should know is that a number of our military members do NOT do this and only ride their bikes off base -- or back home. With 30 years of riding experience, I still found this course invaluable and would ask that any family or friend of a motorcycle enthusiast please encourage them to complete the course.
This is no judgment on Noah -- simply a correction of the facts -- both yours and those of WOOD TV.
Prayers continue for the grieving friends and family of this Marine -- including the men and women of his unit.
Thanks for pointing that out. I understand what you are saying. the original report said the Authorities told the reporter that he had the training. not that she herself was claiming that he did.
So, actually the police were the ones that told the reporter. or the reporter interpreted a cycle endorsement as being training...
Thank you for your service.
You are all heroes in my eyes..Along with your families.
Erin Sheldon- Davis

Delton, MI

#69 May 22, 2008
I went to school and graduated with Alex, He was always such a great person so full of life and always smiling. I was so shocked to hear of his passing and my thoughts and prayers are with all of his family. I hope that u all find comfort in knowing that he is in a better place with no suffering. AND secondly...to all of U that have nothing good to say about Alex..KEEP ur MOUTH'S SHUT...you have know idea of the wonderful person that u are talking about and WHO are u to judge someone. There is one person in this world that can judge us and that is GOD...So keep running ur mouths if u choose but PLEASE remember that one day ur time will come and U too will stand before the Lord and be judged and I can bet that all of U heartless people will have ALOT more to be accountable for that what Alex ever will....God Bless all the Cole family...<3 Erin
friend

Delton, MI

#70 May 22, 2008
Sam wrote:
Ya know, I do thank him for his service to our country and I feel so terrible for his family, however, stupidity prevails, high rate of speed, suspended license - that pretty much says it all.
How dare U say stupidity prevails...EVERYONE does stupid things in life or things that they regret...does that mean we all should die when we make a mistake...I DON"T THINK SO!!! I cannot believe that anyone could put such a horrible comment for Noah's family to have to read...U should really feel ashamed of urself. It is people like U that have made todays society so ungodly!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dorr Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump to end campaign in Michigan Monday with G... (Nov '16) Jan 12 Oneal 25
News Wedding venue tells gay couple to look elsewhere Nov '17 Baptist ism by Proxy 21
Farmers Disposal in Dorr MI legitimate company? (Nov '11) Oct '17 andy 49
Justin M Clark - Steelcase - Cheater Exposed in... Sep '17 JustinMClarkRUSer... 1
News Gov. Rick Snyder makes appointment, reappointme... (Jun '17) Jul '17 MOMBACH lucifer 2
News Heavy Snow Leads to Power Outages HOLLAND, MI (... (Dec '16) Dec '16 District 1 1
ryder (Oct '16) Oct '16 Ryder 1

Dorr Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dorr Mortgages