Posted in the Doraville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sylvia

Sylacauga, AL

#1 Aug 23, 2012
Maximum Front Yard Building Setback:

25 feet but no less than 5 feet from the right-of-way.
sickofit

Atlanta, GA

#2 Aug 23, 2012
Sylvia wrote:
Can you give details? What's the rule and what's going on?
James

Atlanta, GA

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Sylvia wrote:
5 feet is too close.
Ted

Atlanta, GA

#4 Sep 25, 2012
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give details? What's the rule and what's going on?
Go over there and talk to the construction crew.
sickofit

Atlanta, GA

#5 Oct 18, 2012
Wholesale is not allowed. Period. It's not zoned for wholesale. Look at zoning laws. C-2 doesn't permit wholesale.
James

Atlanta, GA

#6 Nov 2, 2012
Better talk to council about it. Nobody else is listening.
Jack

Loganville, GA

#7 Nov 2, 2012
James wrote:
Better talk to council about it. Nobody else is listening.
Only one council member is angry about this hideous wholesale addition to our city. The rest don't care and are making excuses. The rest of them also voted for a sideways McDonalds because Halepern was too cheap to modify their site. The beat goes on folks. I think the main problem at this point is Joe Cooley and his loophole lovin lawyer friend!
Carol

Oxford, GA

#8 Nov 2, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one council member is angry about this hideous wholesale addition to our city. The rest don't care and are making excuses. The rest of them also voted for a sideways McDonalds because Halepern was too cheap to modify their site. The beat goes on folks. I think the main problem at this point is Joe Cooley and his loophole lovin lawyer friend!
The planner is in a unique situation, there are many means to address the planner's behavior if need be:

File an appeal of his decisions as outlined in the zoning code and have it go before the council;
File a city ethics charge against him and have it go before the ethics commission;
File a ethics complaint against him with the American Planning Commission (the folks that regulate certified planners);
File a complaint with the Bar Association;
File suit against him in his individual capacity and as a staff member. This requires a suit against the city.
Jack

Loganville, GA

#9 Nov 2, 2012
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The planner is in a unique situation, there are many means to address the planner's behavior if need be:
File an appeal of his decisions as outlined in the zoning code and have it go before the council;
File a city ethics charge against him and have it go before the ethics commission;
File a ethics complaint against him with the American Planning Commission (the folks that regulate certified planners);
File a complaint with the Bar Association;
File suit against him in his individual capacity and as a staff member. This requires a suit against the city.
I believe our fair city adopted a code with a time limit on it for filing complaints against employees. Going outside the city would work, but we will need to document all of his screw ups. And let me say that his screw ups are condoned by "loophole" McClendon and he is probably skirting on the edge of legal and there will be nothing we can do. The people at city hall, including most on council, seem to have a hard time with the concept of right and wrong. If McClendon claims it's legal, they always go with it. Just because it's legal doesn't mean that they have to give in to the whim of the slumlords time and again.
Don

Atlanta, GA

#10 Nov 6, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe our fair city adopted a code with a time limit on it for filing complaints against employees. Going outside the city would work, but we will need to document all of his screw ups. And let me say that his screw ups are condoned by "loophole" McClendon and he is probably skirting on the edge of legal and there will be nothing we can do. The people at city hall, including most on council, seem to have a hard time with the concept of right and wrong. If McClendon claims it's legal, they always go with it. Just because it's legal doesn't mean that they have to give in to the whim of the slumlords time and again.
You people have a mess on your hands.
Chamblee

Loganville, GA

#11 Nov 6, 2012
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
You people have a mess on your hands.
you got that right! I heard some talk about a party at the bowling alley that got out of hand for the Doraville PD.
Don

Atlanta, GA

#12 Nov 9, 2012
One of the answers is that kind of busines is a wholesale business and wholesale business isn't allowed in your C 1 or C2 zones. That'a the law of it. Whats the problem?
Jack

Lawrenceville, GA

#13 Nov 9, 2012
Don wrote:
One of the answers is that kind of busines is a wholesale business and wholesale business isn't allowed in your C 1 or C2 zones. That'a the law of it. Whats the problem?
Joe Cooley is the problem with it.
Cliff

Atlanta, GA

#14 Apr 10, 2013
Sylvia wrote:
From Buford Highway or neighbor's property?
ABrown

Atlanta, GA

#15 Aug 11, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Wholesale is not allowed. Period. It's not zoned for wholesale. Look at zoning laws. C-2 doesn't permit wholesale.
That business is a wholesale business and they'll sell retail only if they are put on the spot. Look at that building. What do YOU think? Think they got enough storage and warehouse? Is warehousing allowed in C 2? City planner and council says it's not against the law to build a huge building. What's planner and council going to do when nail Mall asks for a permit to do retail + wholesale? Wholesale is not allowed in C 2.
Don

Atlanta, GA

#16 Aug 11, 2013
Again, you people have a mess on your hands. Good luck with that.
Retail Biz Owner

Atlanta, GA

#17 Sep 11, 2013
Don wrote:
NO to Moon Lingerie and NO to Nail Mall in C-2.
Quick Vote

Atlanta, GA

#18 Sep 16, 2013
Don wrote:
This is a big issue for us and we plan to vote for no incumbents. No more nonsense. We say no more to undermining our neighborhoods.
Jack

Grayson, GA

#19 Sep 16, 2013
Could not agree with you more, Quick Vote! No incumbents, they have to go. Patrick is running unopposed, still don't vote for him!
Quick Vote

Atlanta, GA

#20 Sep 23, 2013
ABrown wrote:
<quoted text>
That business is a wholesale business and they'll sell retail only if they are put on the spot. Look at that building. What do YOU think? Think they got enough storage and warehouse? Is warehousing allowed in C 2? City planner and council says it's not against the law to build a huge building. What's planner and council going to do when nail Mall asks for a permit to do retail + wholesale? Wholesale is not allowed in C 2.
I'm paying attention. I vote. Permits clerk knows the zoning. Council knows the zoning. The three up for election know what is allowed and not allowed. So do I. So does my wife. That's my two cents (votes).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doraville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pam Fleming needs to resign 27 min Jill 12
Doraville To Lose Federal Funds 2 hr jeff 2
Malcolm Cunningham Chevrolet: Mistreatment of n... 2 hr Chevron 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Donna Pittman as Mayor? (Oct '11) Sun Brad 279
Nice Illegals Sat Trump Likes Pee 6
The Redwood Trailer Park (Feb '12) Fri NOLA 13
Doraville Police go high-tech, want trailers at... Mar 24 Jan 15

Doraville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance