The Lost Councilman
TCG

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2012
From Doravilleonlinenews.com :

The Georgia Municipal association, in its freshman 101 course, stresses the importance of caution to the incoming class. Newly elected officials are warned over and over again to sit and listen the first 6 months in office. They stress the fact that most mistakes are made the first 6 months and the next 3 1/2 years in office are spent undoing what appeared to make so much sense those care free early days in office. Robert Patrick is having a wonderful time enjoying his care free days. He is making many ‘new ‘ best friends and stepping into every pot hole he can find. All of those warnings are made by silly people that don’t know what his ‘new friends know. Those silly people are not members of his special inner circle of new best friends.
His Pr friend, Mall guard friend, and neighborhood experts seem to have left our boy holding his privates while the rest run for cover. Robert, you are going to learn- we think! Sometimes the smart people of the inner circle lie to you. I know that is hard to believe- gee willikers – but its true. They take advantage of people that don’t have a clue what happened last week much less last year. That people is you Robert! Time to wake up !
All this brings us to Robert’s current bucket of s… that his good buddies have handed to him. The Muslim mosque ho down and barbeque ( was that pork or just the other white meat?- just asking, Robert) at our good Jewish friends park- Bernard Halpern Park. It seems our boy Robert, the city of Doraville, Donna Pittman ( former mall guard), The Doraville police department used city money, time, permits ( waived, I suspect) to cosponsor with the muslim mosque ( not in Doraville), a mosque barbeque, free balloons, food and free blood pressure exams. At this point we don’t know how involved Robert was or if he was just the fall guy in this politically correct mess.
City owned park, city money and who was invited?? A health fair sponsored by the Muslim Mosque ( not in the city) is supported by the city while the health fair by the Northwoods Methedist Church ( Christian) was cited by the police for notifying the neighbors in northwoods. What up Robert? A lot of unanswered questions More to come… > img007
See separate flier for details.
PS It’s not going away Robert. Stay tuned for more adventures of Robert and his ‘new’ best friends.
Annonymous for a reason

Norcross, GA

#2 Jun 24, 2012
We are writing this anonymously to try to take the animosity out of this discussion. Recently Doraville City Councilman Robert Patrick got involved in a health-fair at Halpern Park which was sponsored by the local Muslim Mosque and the city of Doraville. When we got Patrick on the phone he defended his position as an attempt to bring the community together after a recent murder. Instead he has divided the community and put himself in a position as a supporter of the mosque and painted himself as an extreme liberal, whether he is or not. He claimed that he was not concerned with people who hated Muslims. When we informed him that we didn't hate Muslims and that in fact, we didn't like or dislike Muslim's. All we want is for them (the owners and operators of the Mosque) to obey the law regardless of who they are. Patrick has demonstrated a total lack of respect of the community's wishes in this matter and needlessly embroiled himself in an argument which will dog him the rest of the time he serves in office. He doesn't get the concept of code enforcement---he thinks that it is all about being prejudice. He evidently does not understand the concept of pride in home ownership---the idea of keeping your community clean and beautiful---keeping houses in good repair. Furthermore, even the most naive people in this world know that you do not mix religion and politics in the same discussion and that it is against the law for the government to sponsor an event with any religion, regardless of who they are. This boy has a lot to learn.
Blake

Suwanee, GA

#3 Jun 24, 2012
Annonymous for a reason wrote:
We are writing this anonymously to try to take the animosity out of this discussion. Recently Doraville City Councilman Robert Patrick got involved in a health-fair at Halpern Park which was sponsored by the local Muslim Mosque and the city of Doraville. When we got Patrick on the phone he defended his position as an attempt to bring the community together after a recent murder. Instead he has divided the community and put himself in a position as a supporter of the mosque and painted himself as an extreme liberal, whether he is or not. He claimed that he was not concerned with people who hated Muslims. When we informed him that we didn't hate Muslims and that in fact, we didn't like or dislike Muslim's. All we want is for them (the owners and operators of the Mosque) to obey the law regardless of who they are. Patrick has demonstrated a total lack of respect of the community's wishes in this matter and needlessly embroiled himself in an argument which will dog him the rest of the time he serves in office. He doesn't get the concept of code enforcement---he thinks that it is all about being prejudice. He evidently does not understand the concept of pride in home ownership---the idea of keeping your community clean and beautiful---keeping houses in good repair. Furthermore, even the most naive people in this world know that you do not mix religion and politics in the same discussion and that it is against the law for the government to sponsor an event with any religion, regardless of who they are. This boy has a lot to learn.
He should have plenty of time to learn soon. His term is up in a little over a year and at this rate he will not be re-elected!
Jack

Suwanee, GA

#4 Jun 24, 2012
Annonymous for a reason wrote:
"Racism" is the standard excuse used across the board when we question things like massage (whorehouses), check cashing stores (who doesn't use banks?) and the most recent pimple on the ass of Doraville, the lovely and soon to be famous MOON LINGERIE screaming out its name for all to see, including the morons at city hall who allowed this! So very sad, especially when most of the ones screaming racism are the biggest bigots in the city. Robert Patrick has fallen under Donna's spell. Haven't you heard? He calls her every morning at 7:00AM, why they talk every day! I will NOT have political correctness forced down my throat. I will not be called a "racist" because I demand equal treatment under the law. I think it's time for a coup, I say let's clean most of them out of there and do it quickly. I hate that I put my trust and faith in Mr Patrick only to have him turn away and run to Donna's camp, he was elected to offset her stupidity, not become a part of it! But even with that said, pigs would fly through hell with icicles on them before I would cast a vote for Stuart Anderson!
Marky Mark

Loganville, GA

#5 Jun 25, 2012
I'm going to try to keep the faith just a bit longer in Robert Patrick. It won't be too much longer though. Most of us made it very clear to him what we expected and sucking up to Donna while rejecting Trudy Dean, who has turned into a shining star I might add, is not what anyone I know had in mind.
Just Sayin

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jun 25, 2012
Blake is on the mark, Patrick. I, too, will give you a little more rope. But as you can see, public backlash is pretty serious around here.
Ted

Atlanta, GA

#7 Sep 21, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
Blake is on the mark, Patrick. I, too, will give you a little more rope. But as you can see, public backlash is pretty serious around here.
Trudy Dean is doing a great job. That's the kind of council we need. She's got my vote. She even used the words that she was there to do what her constituents want. Did anybody else hear her say that? Sorry you missed it if you didn't.
Fed up with BS

Lawrenceville, GA

#8 Sep 21, 2012
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Trudy Dean is doing a great job. That's the kind of council we need. She's got my vote. She even used the words that she was there to do what her constituents want. Did anybody else hear her say that? Sorry you missed it if you didn't.
I heard her say those words. I'm guessing the rest of council didn't hear her though. It's hard to hear what anyone says in there above all the slurping and smacking from their lips all over Halpern's ass.
Just Sayin

Atlanta, GA

#9 Sep 21, 2012
I agree Fed Up. Not to mentin they hate that people love Trudy for doing her job. Rather than LISTENING to what she and the constituents say, they immediately go on the defensive. I believe this is due to the fact that Trudy's wonderful actions "on the job" only make them look very bad, or at the very least, look like the bunch of Bozos that they are...Donna specifically.

I live for the day we have a dais full of "Trudys" and are rid of the rest of the incompetents that sit so regally up above the audience, looking down their noses at us.
Fed up with BS

Auburn, GA

#10 Sep 22, 2012
"A dais full of Trudys". That would work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doraville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 30 min Don Barros Serrano 2,105
Father son/daughter incest (Feb '12) 1 hr Ronnie 13
Is there a free abortion clinic in Atlanta or s... (Feb '11) 4 hr Shasty mcnasty 205
Stupid Cop Department Tue NewsMax 1
Karen Minton (Oct '15) Mon JJ Raley 14
dirty trump golf tour Mon Hillary lies 2
Trump Rally Atlanta Jun 27 Clarabele 3

Doraville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Doraville Mortgages