First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nansi

Apo, AE

#1 Aug 15, 2010
I'm looking at property in Dora and was curious if I could get a feel for the area. I'm interested in the people, the history, and the businesses. I was looking at the property at 2064 st hwy 181. Any information on that would be appreciated, too.
any

Springfield, MO

#2 Aug 18, 2010
LOL, the businesses? There aren't any businesses in Dora, except for the school (oh, yes its a business) and Roy's Store, oh and the liquor store across the street from Roy's. The people are racist and very slow, and the history, well I bet you can't wait to hear about just how Dora came to be the meth capital of Missouri. Sounds like a great place to live, right?
Miss Manners

Ozark, MO

#3 Aug 18, 2010
Topix is not the place to find the answers to your questions. You will find negative responses to most questions. Go have lunch at Roy's and talk to the regulars for info on history, etc.. Stop by the Post Office and talk to the postmaster. School website is http://dora.org/ . It also has a short history of Dora.
yes

United States

#4 Aug 23, 2010
Miss Manners wrote:
Topix is not the place to find the answers to your questions. You will find negative responses to most questions. Go have lunch at Roy's and talk to the regulars for info on history, etc.. Stop by the Post Office and talk to the postmaster. School website is http://dora.org/ . It also has a short history of Dora.
The responses will be slow and unintelligible, so be prepared if you go that route. There are only a handful of people in Dora with enough sense to carry on a halfway informative conversation. Good luck.
Miss Manners

Sparta, MO

#5 Aug 23, 2010
yes wrote:
<quoted text> The responses will be slow and unintelligible, so be prepared if you go that route. There are only a handful of people in Dora with enough sense to carry on a halfway informative conversation. Good luck.
Like I said, negative responses on Topix are typical.
any

Springfield, MO

#6 Aug 26, 2010
Miss Manners wrote:
Topix is not the place to find the answers to your questions. You will find negative responses to most questions. Go have lunch at Roy's and talk to the regulars for info on history, etc.. Stop by the Post Office and talk to the postmaster. School website is http://dora.org/ . It also has a short history of Dora.
Are you out of your mind? Why would you send an outsider into Roy's store? Are you trying to get this person raped and shot? I lived there for 17 years and I would not go into Roy's unless I absolutely had to.
LLD

West Plains, MO

#7 Sep 4, 2010
I dont care for the little blonde headed girl in the store who is she anyways?
sosofunny

Columbia, MO

#8 Sep 7, 2010
any wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you out of your mind? Why would you send an outsider into Roy's store? Are you trying to get this person raped and shot? I lived there for 17 years and I would not go into Roy's unless I absolutely had to.
"Any" here you go again......You are a disgrace to the Dora Community and I am sure I can speak for all others..........You done everyone a huge favor by moving to Springfield!!!

Dora is a awesome community. Just like any other community there are pros and cons. The people are down to earth and very well educated and would welcome anyone new to the community.
Ggg

Springfield, MO

#9 Sep 7, 2010
sosofunny wrote:
<quoted text>
"Any" here you go again......You are a disgrace to the Dora Community and I am sure I can speak for all others..........You done everyone a huge favor by moving to Springfield!!!
Dora is a awesome community. Just like any other community there are pros and cons. The people are down to earth and very well educated and would welcome anyone new to the community.
"You done"? lol, fail
Ggg

Springfield, MO

#10 Sep 7, 2010
sosofunny wrote:
<quoted text>
"Any" here you go again......You are a disgrace to the Dora Community and I am sure I can speak for all others..........You done everyone a huge favor by moving to Springfield!!!
Dora is a awesome community. Just like any other community there are pros and cons. The people are down to earth and very well educated and would welcome anyone new to the community.
Her location says Brookline not Springfield?? another fail for you
sosofunny

Columbia, MO

#11 Sep 8, 2010
Ggg wrote:
<quoted text>
Her location says Brookline not Springfield?? another fail for you
Yeah and mine says, "West PLains" but doesn't mean I am from there...... DIP!
sick of u

Columbia, MO

#12 Sep 8, 2010
yes wrote:
<quoted text> The responses will be slow and unintelligible, so be prepared if you go that route. There are only a handful of people in Dora with enough sense to carry on a halfway informative conversation. Good luck.
It is unbelievable that you would talk about a community like that. I went to school at Dora and was born and raised in the community. I am quite intelligent and I feel there are others out there just like me. Hopefully you are picking up on the sarcasm that I meant there. From your responses on topix, sounds like you are the unintelligent one.
la la la

Springfield, MO

#13 Sep 8, 2010
sick of u wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unbelievable that you would talk about a community like that. I went to school at Dora and was born and raised in the community. I am quite intelligent and I feel there are others out there just like me. Hopefully you are picking up on the sarcasm that I meant there. From your responses on topix, sounds like you are the unintelligent one.
Obviously, because the grammar is so improper and all. Did you catch my sarcasm? Maybe you should reread it...sloowwllyy.
get a job

Columbia, MO

#14 Sep 9, 2010
People from Louisville KY have been known to score high on Operator headspace deficiancy tests; so, don't mess with them, theys smart n stuff- wee doggy. They have also been known to just score "high", if you know what I mean. Ha, ha, ha - la, la, la
any

Springfield, MO

#15 Sep 9, 2010
sick of u wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unbelievable that you would talk about a community like that. I went to school at Dora and was born and raised in the community. I am quite intelligent and I feel there are others out there just like me. Hopefully you are picking up on the sarcasm that I meant there. From your responses on topix, sounds like you are the unintelligent one.
So...you were being sarcastic when you said that you were intelligent and that there are others like you? Either you really wanted to give us all a good laugh or you need someone to read you the definition of sarcasm.
sick of u

Columbia, MO

#16 Sep 9, 2010
get a job wrote:
People from Louisville KY have been known to score high on Operator headspace deficiancy tests; so, don't mess with them, theys smart n stuff- wee doggy. They have also been known to just score "high", if you know what I mean. Ha, ha, ha - la, la, la
Whoa, slow down there get a job. We don't want to confuse la la la with a lot of big words. He already thinks he knows everything about grammar. I guess that since I am just a hick from the sticks, I may not use proper grammar all the time, it doesn't mean I am dumb and can't give an intellible response to outsiders. The sad thing is, he missed my point entirely. You cannot judge a whole community by a few people. The previous comments are just mean and uncalled for. I didn't comment on all the toothless, ass backward people that come out of Kentucky.
la la la

Springfield, MO

#17 Sep 9, 2010
Louisville is so much bigger and more cultured than Dora; it's pathetic to compare the two. Sounds like someone has not ventured outside southern Missouri much. Louisville is a much wealthier area than the hellish Ozarks. For God's sake, if there is an ice storm you people can't even get the electricity turned back on for a month.
While I'm on the topic, do you use outhouses still? Just curious! Offense stems from pride, defense stems from insecurity, just remember that.
sosofunny

Columbia, MO

#18 Sep 10, 2010
la la la wrote:
Louisville is so much bigger and more cultured than Dora; it's pathetic to compare the two. Sounds like someone has not ventured outside southern Missouri much. Louisville is a much wealthier area than the hellish Ozarks. For God's sake, if there is an ice storm you people can't even get the electricity turned back on for a month.
While I'm on the topic, do you use outhouses still? Just curious! Offense stems from pride, defense stems from insecurity, just remember that.
This is "sosofunny" from the OZARKS and proud of it. I have ventured outside of the Ozarks to many wonderful places from one side of the United States to the other. One being Kentucky and just like the Ozarks there are people of every kind.

And yes I did grow up having to use a "outhouse" for some time but we lived in another state besides Missouri. So this shows no area is exempt from backward (as you are putting it) ways. I KNOW Kentucky has several areas to this day with "outhouses". There is nothing wrong with being proud of where you are from be it the Ozarks or Kentucky.

Everyone needs to learn to appreciate what you have and not worry about others. The world would be such a better place.

And my own personal opinion..........Kentucky is just as beautiful as the Ozarks.
Lol

Springfield, MO

#19 Sep 12, 2010
That is so sad you're proud you grew up using "a 'outhouse'." It makes me sick to my stomache a little.

Since: Jun 10

Warwick, RI

#20 Sep 13, 2010
Lol wrote:
That is so sad you're proud you grew up using "a 'outhouse'." It makes me sick to my stomache a little.
Do you not think anyone in your family from past generations ever used one? Sorry it turns the tummy, was just a part of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
666 (Jul '17) 4 hr Poster Child for ... 54
Anyone got any houses with land rent to own? 4 hr County hick 1
Ruddie Stratton (Jun '15) 5 hr Dj Lox 10
Fire and Fury 5 hr Old Guy 40
trump is a liar. (Apr '17) 6 hr Poster Child for ... 70
What's the difference 6 hr Old Guy 13
government shutdown 6 hr Old Guy 19

Dora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dora Mortgages