Drug Round Up Nets 55 Arrests

Drug Round Up Nets 55 Arrests

There are 68 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from May 17, 2010, titled Drug Round Up Nets 55 Arrests. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

An undercover operation that's been going on for almost a year nets more than 50 arrests in a drug bust in Decatur.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Gotta Grip

United States

#1 May 17, 2010
Ok where are the dopers that are going to start preaching "legalize drugs so we don't have to waste money arresting and convicting these people"?
Elizabeth

United States

#4 May 17, 2010
Good for the Decatur cops! Best wishes for getting the rest of the scumbunnies off the streets!
Bizkit

Marion, IL

#6 May 17, 2010
Gotta Grip wrote:
Ok where are the dopers that are going to start preaching "legalize drugs so we don't have to waste money arresting and convicting these people"?
Drugs are a lot like guns, Double G. The people with the biggest opinions often have the least understanding. Oh, and they both are dangerous when not used correctly.
toots

United States

#7 May 17, 2010
Great work, to all the men and women who put forth their part in this long and hard job that you guys had to do to make our streets and our communities a step closer to being drug free. There are not enough Thank You's said to any one of you guys that go out and put your lives on the line: not knowing what you are going to face, you are a strong breed,a family within your departments,when join together you have a force so strong: you have learned that when you sit and wait time is always on your side. So Thank You Endlessly
Gotta Grip

Gibsland, LA

#8 May 17, 2010
Bizkit wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs are a lot like guns, Double G. The people with the biggest opinions often have the least understanding. Oh, and they both are dangerous when not used correctly.
You don't know me.
MEE

Bay Minette, AL

#9 May 17, 2010
I hope yall got Bryan O'Neal Robinson because he sell drugs but wont take care of his child!!!
Lindsay

United States

#11 May 17, 2010
Great work by the participating officers. I find it sad that Alabama will not be able to afford to keep these drug dealers behind bars instead of paroling them.
dont worry about it

Montgomery, AL

#12 May 17, 2010
boo
dont worry about it

Montgomery, AL

#13 May 17, 2010
MEE wrote:
I hope yall got Bryan O'Neal Robinson because he sell drugs but wont take care of his child!!!
snitch much?
dont worry about it

Montgomery, AL

#14 May 17, 2010
Gotta Grip wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know me.
no i we can tell you are a lame.
nikki

United States

#15 May 17, 2010
Lindsay wrote:
Great work by the participating officers. I find it sad that Alabama will not be able to afford to keep these drug dealers behind bars instead of paroling them.
U should say this for all the sex offenders out there tht get slapped on the wrist... If u ain't buying drugs y worry about it? Ppl abuse alcohol and cigarettes the same way... Yea its wrong but whats makes this diff than any of our (society) bad habits?
Angie

Albertville, AL

#16 May 17, 2010
Since someone mentioned the 'make drugs legal' thing..I'll weigh in on that!

And FYI, I HATE drugs. All of them-never did any and never will.

But the 'war on drugs' was lost, sadly. It is an uncontrollable situation as it is. By legalizing and requiring prescriptions to purchase drugs it would tremendously cut down on crime such as theft and drug dealing. If they drastically increased penalties for driving under the influence of substances it would help as well, along with increasing punishment for people that sell the drugs they were prescribed.

I believe some of the worst cases of drug abuse are by people addicted to prescription drugs, some of which are probably worse than the 'street' drugs.

I would love to see the drug dealers out of business and a decrease in theft-and I think legalizing drugs would do this. It would also have an effect on countries like Mexico who import billions of dollars in illegal drugs to the US yearly.

So that's my solution. What's yours, anti drug legalization people?
GenieBelle

Decatur, AL

#17 May 17, 2010
nikki wrote:
<quoted text> whats makes this diff than any of our (society) bad habits?
Ummm....for starters drugs are illegal and alcohol isn't. Secondly, more violent crimes are associated with drugs. I could go on if you're having a hard time understanding any of this.

Since: Dec 09

Birmingham, AL

#20 May 17, 2010
Bizkit wrote:
<quoted text>
And where does guns come in to the story?I carry a Glock 23 at all times when I'm not activated but I dont do drugs.
square deal

Huntsville, AL

#22 May 18, 2010
The police have done a fine job and need as much credit as we can give them.The police uphold the law as it is written to the best of their ability under difficult circumstances sometimes.Allot of people have issues with the drug laws and that's your right ,but if you want to make the laws you don't agree with change then make a difference and get out and vote.Some of the people that i talk to seem to think that the police make allot of money when in fact most officers must work two jobs to make ends meet and starting pay at less than $8 per hour is very little pay for the service they provide.The next time you see an officer you might want shake their hand and just say thanks.
Stephen

Sylacauga, AL

#23 May 18, 2010
Im believe more than anyone to get drugs off the street, but most of these arrests are not significant in doin so, most of these arrests are not dealers or even pushers. Instead of wasting taxpyer money getting these bums , we should be focusing on the source
Bizkit

United States

#24 May 18, 2010
SSG KELLEY wrote:
<quoted text>And where does guns come in to the story?I carry a Glock 23 at all times when I'm not activated but I dont do drugs.
It was just an analogy, Sergeant. I never implied that gun owners were drug users. What I was trying to imply was that the people who rant about the drug problem are like the people who rant about the gun problem. Their positions often reflect their values instead of fact. However, I am happy that you are enjoying your rights and the ability to defend yourself. You should consider the the Glock 27; it is much smaller than the 23, so it is easier to conceal.

I should clarify, however, in case there was any confusion over my drug/gun analogy. You should never operate firearms while under the influence of drugs.
sheila

Belleville, WI

#25 May 18, 2010
its about time
DECATURS BEST

Hartselle, AL

#26 May 18, 2010
EXCUSE ME! YALL NEED TA WATCH WAT YALL SAY BOUT DECATUR ALABAMACUZ YALL DONT KNOW NUNTHIN BOUT NUNTHIN! LET ME CATCH YA TALKIN BOUT ANY1 I KNOW AND IMA FIND YA!
Rhoadee

Brilliant, AL

#27 May 18, 2010
I have never smoked pot. I have never done drugs of any sort. I drink about 6 beers a year, so I'm Not a drunk. What I don't like is filling our jails with these people, and having to turn loose violent offenders to make room for them. Smarter people than any of the ones on topix needs to address this problem. PS. I don't carry a pop gun, when I carry I carry a Glock 45 ACP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ronald "Ronnie" Etheredge Jul 12 concerned citizen 2
jhonny creel Jul 4 Billy 1
News Daniel Moore Murder Trial: David Tipton Takes S... (Feb '10) Jul 2 Lynn 50
Transgered people AREN'T homosexuals Jul 2 mije 2
Eddie Rea (Dec '09) Jun '16 Steve 2
News Cheryl Crausewell tried to burn some lingering ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Colorado Chick 3
News Vardarska Yes, Macedonia No (Oct '07) Oct '12 Miss Macedonia 1,098

Dora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dora Mortgages