Waynesboro Police Investigate Thefts ...

Waynesboro Police Investigate Thefts from Cars

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 14, 2013, titled Waynesboro Police Investigate Thefts from Cars. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Police say starting in the early hours of Friday March 15, investigators responded to at least a dozen incidents in the tree streets neighborhood of the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Ellen

Fishersville, VA

#1 Mar 16, 2013
This has been going on in the area since October. We called them twice, and even found a flashlight in one of our vehicles. But were told it's too expensive to run for prints. The thieves were so brazen as to walk up our driveway and enter the vehicle that was next to our living room windows. We also asked if they would at least report the incidents to the newspaper - and were told they don't have time to do that anymore, it was up to us to do things like that.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#2 Mar 16, 2013
Ellen wrote:
This has been going on in the area since October. We called them twice, and even found a flashlight in one of our vehicles. But were told it's too expensive to run for prints. The thieves were so brazen as to walk up our driveway and enter the vehicle that was next to our living room windows. We also asked if they would at least report the incidents to the newspaper - and were told they don't have time to do that anymore, it was up to us to do things like that.
If you live on the Tree Streets you better NAIL everything down and drain the gas out of your cars.

They will take the gas , anything in them and even the car ! Off the Tree Streets.
New

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Mar 16, 2013
We just moved to this area. Is this something that happens often in the Tree Streets?? Moved here because we thought it was safe!!
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#4 Mar 17, 2013
New wrote:
We just moved to this area. Is this something that happens often in the Tree Streets?? Moved here because we thought it was safe!!
Great people on the Tree Streets. The homes/ construction are of the finest in Waynesboro .

Kids will steal everything they can including lawnmowers , flowers and cars. I bought two lawnmowers in the same week one time . Used one ONCE and they stole it ... I bought it back at a yard sale that fall for 50 bucks :) down on Wayne Ave . They said they found it in the alley .Lime Green Lawn-boy stuck out like a sore thumb so I stopped.

We planted 1000 dollars worth of bushes , 10 of them , they pulled them up and left with them two days later.

If you need landscape or flowers go to Waynesboro Garden Center . When I went back to buy 10 more and told the guy what happened, He said he didn't have anymore but would get some . The next day he sent a crew with 10 new ones and replanted them = REFUSED a dime ! They were 50 bucks each without labor.

Hand to GOD , wish I knew his name, can't remember , good people .

The homes/ construction are of the finest in Waynesboro .

DONT sleep with your doors open , you may wake up with a Waynesboro Cop standing in your second floor master suite in the dark with a gun pointed at you .

We woke up to that about 15 years ago . Cop started to lecture us on locking our doors before I lost it ( of course after he holstered his gun .

What an IDIOT he was, I was arms length from a .45. When I woke up , I could see him from the moonlight on his face .

Nice guy in the end , but man that was stupid.

We locked the doors after that ,to keep the cops out.

I still love the Tree Street homes ..... OMG Maple and Cherry !

Time to go feed , I feel ice and snow.

huck

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 17, 2013
"We locked the doors after that ,to keep the cops out. "

Great story. LOL!
marvin

Fairfield, VA

#6 Mar 17, 2013
well tree street or not, if you leave valuables in your car, and YOU leave it unlocked, YOU are just giving a EVIL person or persons a GREAT chance to steal it from you.
At least if it is locked, your insurance will cover it. I too lived in the tree street area, of course this was years ago. It is a wonderful place to raise a family. No where is safe in 2013. LOCK YOUR CARS
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#7 Mar 17, 2013
huck wrote:
"We locked the doors after that ,to keep the cops out. "
Great story. LOL!
It's a matter of public record , Waynesboro police dept :)

Thank you
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#8 Mar 17, 2013
marvin wrote:
well tree street or not, if you leave valuables in your car, and YOU leave it unlocked, YOU are just giving a EVIL person or persons a GREAT chance to steal it from you.
At least if it is locked, your insurance will cover it. I too lived in the tree street area, of course this was years ago. It is a wonderful place to raise a family. No where is safe in 2013. LOCK YOUR CARS
Yes, I should od have added , as far a crime or fear of saftey on the Tree Streets .

Unless it's changed in 15 years .

NO , I rode by bike .walked all the time late in the evening .

Never a worry .
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#9 Mar 17, 2013
randomthoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I should od have added , as far a crime or fear of saftey on the Tree Streets .
Unless it's changed in 15 years .
NO , I rode by bike .walked all the time late in the evening .
Never a worry .
Agree that it a beautiful and safe place to walk. Does seem to have a higher than average rate of items stole from vehicles and tire slashings. my block had tires slashed in 80's. Last year friend had same thing on his block. What's up with that?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Mar 17, 2013
randomthoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
Great people on the Tree Streets. The homes/ construction are of the finest in Waynesboro .
Kids will steal everything they can including lawnmowers , flowers and cars. I bought two lawnmowers in the same week one time . Used one ONCE and they stole it ... I bought it back at a yard sale that fall for 50 bucks :) down on Wayne Ave . They said they found it in the alley .Lime Green Lawn-boy stuck out like a sore thumb so I stopped.
We planted 1000 dollars worth of bushes , 10 of them , they pulled them up and left with them two days later.
If you need landscape or flowers go to Waynesboro Garden Center . When I went back to buy 10 more and told the guy what happened, He said he didn't have anymore but would get some . The next day he sent a crew with 10 new ones and replanted them = REFUSED a dime ! They were 50 bucks each without labor.
Hand to GOD , wish I knew his name, can't remember , good people .
The homes/ construction are of the finest in Waynesboro .
DONT sleep with your doors open , you may wake up with a Waynesboro Cop standing in your second floor master suite in the dark with a gun pointed at you .
We woke up to that about 15 years ago . Cop started to lecture us on locking our doors before I lost it ( of course after he holstered his gun .
What an IDIOT he was, I was arms length from a .45. When I woke up , I could see him from the moonlight on his face .
Nice guy in the end , but man that was stupid.
We locked the doors after that ,to keep the cops out.
I still love the Tree Street homes ..... OMG Maple and Cherry !
Time to go feed , I feel ice and snow.
You can't be serious, a cop in your house uninvited? You know how many laws that violates if hes got a gun in his hand? You could be a rich man now.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#11 Mar 17, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>You can't be serious, a cop in your house uninvited? You know how many laws that violates if hes got a gun in his hand? You could be a rich man now.
I said he was a good Man in the end .

We were fine , That's all I care about in the end .

I think he had like a year on the force , maybe 6 months or less, can't remember.

His concern was genuine , I can appreciate that , it was 3 am , I had an 8 foot front door and 5 sliders wide open in the back , like every other night it was nice.

He was driving through and seen the front door open , I was new from the country and the only person with doors open . He explained it all and it made perfect sense, My ex said ... what would you have done .. I said the same thing, but maybe announced at the bottom of the steps . He didn't have his flashlight and when my wife rolled over he was startled , I was laying silent because the dog growled and woke me and I could see just a glimps of him from moonlight, I just froze, I remember well , His hat is what I seen and spoke up VERY SOFLY , I mean SOFTLEY lol until the lights came on and he put his gun away. Then when it callmed , I showed him the .45 behind the nightstand, there was also a 12 gauge behind the door maybe 5 feet from him.

Stupid what he done , YES, but he was genuine.

What if we were in trouble and he didn't check ?

All about the communication , on my part also in this incident because I was LIVID for a couple seconds. When the lights came on he was a KID , maybe 25 , never ask and he had a death grip on that gun like a lotto ticket. But he dropped it like lighting as soon as my wife raised up .

How do you argue with genuine.

I can't , life lesson , move on.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Mar 18, 2013
randomthoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
I said he was a good Man in the end .
We were fine , That's all I care about in the end .
I think he had like a year on the force , maybe 6 months or less, can't remember.
His concern was genuine , I can appreciate that , it was 3 am , I had an 8 foot front door and 5 sliders wide open in the back , like every other night it was nice.
He was driving through and seen the front door open , I was new from the country and the only person with doors open . He explained it all and it made perfect sense, My ex said ... what would you have done .. I said the same thing, but maybe announced at the bottom of the steps . He didn't have his flashlight and when my wife rolled over he was startled , I was laying silent because the dog growled and woke me and I could see just a glimps of him from moonlight, I just froze, I remember well , His hat is what I seen and spoke up VERY SOFLY , I mean SOFTLEY lol until the lights came on and he put his gun away. Then when it callmed , I showed him the .45 behind the nightstand, there was also a 12 gauge behind the door maybe 5 feet from him.
Stupid what he done , YES, but he was genuine.
What if we were in trouble and he didn't check ?
All about the communication , on my part also in this incident because I was LIVID for a couple seconds. When the lights came on he was a KID , maybe 25 , never ask and he had a death grip on that gun like a lotto ticket. But he dropped it like lighting as soon as my wife raised up .
How do you argue with genuine.
I can't , life lesson , move on.
I just don't know if I could of been that generous. I can appreciate the generous perception but he broke every rule of procedure. Live and learn for sure, hope he lived long enough to learn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dooms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A word of warning for clowns Sep '16 Tired of terrorists 1
Thinking of moving to Waynesboro, getting away ... (Dec '14) Aug '16 KKKdeeeznuts 4
Sonya Coffey Jun '16 calf mountain nei... 3
Town of fishersville Jun '16 Guest 1
baby Horn jan 1958 information (Jun '16) Jun '16 lucy 1
George Zimmerman Scandal (Sep '13) Sep '13 Merrilee Paysinger 1
News Flooding Closes Roads Across Central Virginia (Jun '13) Jun '13 Gru 5

Dooms Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dooms Mortgages