Vacant Ringgold board seat filled

Vacant Ringgold board seat filled

There are 56 comments on the O-R Online story from Oct 2, 2012, titled Vacant Ringgold board seat filled. In it, O-R Online reports that:

A Washington County judge Monday named an outspoken critic of a proposal to remodel and reopen two aging Ringgold School District buildings to a vacant seat on a school board that has been deadlocked on the decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at O-R Online.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Taxed enough

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Oct 4, 2012
By choosing Ms. Ott, the judge said that Smith, Smith, Mauro and Kennedy were crazy for wanting to rehab the two old hulks. Good appointment for the financial health of the district.
really

New Kensington, PA

#2 Oct 4, 2012
"Ott said she isn’t sure when she’ll be sworn in, adding she doesn’t think assumptions should be made on what side of the “to build or renovate” debate she will side".

Read more: http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmonvall...
Follow us:@triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
Dwayne

Mckeesport, PA

#3 Oct 4, 2012
It doesn't matter which side she chooses. Either way because this and past Boards have screwed up so much. We are going to get hit with a huge tax increase! As a senior citizen on a fixed budget I will lose my home! Even though I've payed more than my fair share of school taxes for 60 years!
Taxed Enough

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Oct 5, 2012
really wrote:
"Ott said she isn’t sure when she’ll be sworn in, adding she doesn’t think assumptions should be made on what side of the “to build or renovate” debate she will side".
Read more: http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmonvall...
Follow us:@triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
Her previous letters to the editor in "The Messenger" indicate she'll fight to either keep Finley open or build a new school. Hopefully she has enough integrity to stand her ground.
Sick and tired

Belle Vernon, PA

#5 Oct 5, 2012
Perhaps she should concentrate on what is really important: good curriculum, good teachers, and a good learning atmosphere. I've heard through the grapevine that the middle school doesn't have enough books to go around. I also know that the learning atmosphere is less that desirable throughout all of the districts schools. We switched to PACyber this year and believe me we couldn't possibly be any happier. The improved curriculum alone is well worth the switch.
U Joking

Akron, OH

#6 Oct 5, 2012
Dwayne wrote:
It doesn't matter which side she chooses. Either way because this and past Boards have screwed up so much. We are going to get hit with a huge tax increase! As a senior citizen on a fixed budget I will lose my home! Even though I've payed more than my fair share of school taxes for 60 years!
I'm tired of hearing about senior citizens on fixed budgets losing their homes. Just an idea but if You went to the Meadows less, didn't play your hold out numbers on the lottery every morning and evening and stayed away from the bingo halls not to mention maybe not having afternoon drinks while you sign the books at your local clubs you may have more money than You realize. Just saying.
Sick of Tired

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Oct 5, 2012
Sick and tired wrote:
Perhaps she should concentrate on what is really important: good curriculum, good teachers, and a good learning atmosphere. I've heard through the grapevine that the middle school doesn't have enough books to go around. I also know that the learning atmosphere is less that desirable throughout all of the districts schools. We switched to PACyber this year and believe me we couldn't possibly be any happier. The improved curriculum alone is well worth the switch.
..I am happy that your happy..now do you have any other input except the same old, same old?
JaJack

Keego Harbor, MI

#8 Oct 5, 2012
The educational system is the number one most important component. If that is the approach our board takes we will be ok. I would never do cyber school it is a narrow one dimensional approach to learning.
Sick and tired

Belle Vernon, PA

#9 Oct 5, 2012
Sick of Tired wrote:
<quoted text>..I am happy that your happy..now do you have any other input except the same old, same old?
Do you have any more input than to criticize me? I see nothing wrong with wanting to shout out the truth and let others know. Do unto others ... I wish someone had filled me in on what I had to find out for myself. I think if people were properly informed about their choices, they just might choose something other than traditional public school for their children.
Sick of Tired

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Oct 6, 2012
Sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any more input than to criticize me? I see nothing wrong with wanting to shout out the truth and let others know. Do unto others ... I wish someone had filled me in on what I had to find out for myself. I think if people were properly informed about their choices, they just might choose something other than traditional public school for their children.
..Let others know what? What is the truth? I would hope that you are underestimating other parents when you insinuate they are not properly informed of the choices they have. When the time came for my children to attend elementary school, I weighed all the options available to them and what I thought would be best and chose a private school. All you have done is complain about how unhappy you are with the school district never mentioning any specifics. I am not critizing you nor your decision..just trying to understand it. We are way off topic here as this forum has to do with a vacant school board seat.
Dwane

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Oct 6, 2012
U Joking wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tired of hearing about senior citizens on fixed budgets losing their homes. Just an idea but if You went to the Meadows less, didn't play your hold out numbers on the lottery every morning and evening and stayed away from the bingo halls not to mention maybe not having afternoon drinks while you sign the books at your local clubs you may have more money than You realize. Just saying.
Your comments are way out of line Joking! Not all older folks waste money on these things you are a Joker a bad joke! I wonder if you would have the guts to say that to your parents face!
U Joking

Barberton, OH

#12 Oct 7, 2012
Dwane wrote:
<quoted text> Your comments are way out of line Joking! Not all older folks waste money on these things you are a Joker a bad joke! I wonder if you would have the guts to say that to your parents face!
Every time they complain about taxes and losing their home I say the same thing. In fact I go further with them and tell them not to take the week in Atlantic City trip and to stay away from Florida for that month that they usually head down south. So yes I do tell them.
Maya

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Oct 7, 2012
Dwayne wrote:
Move.....Whine....Whine ......Whine....
HUH

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Maya wrote:
<quoted text> Move.....Whine....Whine ......Whine....
Maybe you can get her to build that football dome for you! LMAO!
Sick and tired

Belle Vernon, PA

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Sick of Tired wrote:
<quoted text>..Let others know what? What is the truth? I would hope that you are underestimating other parents when you insinuate they are not properly informed of the choices they have. When the time came for my children to attend elementary school, I weighed all the options available to them and what I thought would be best and chose a private school. All you have done is complain about how unhappy you are with the school district never mentioning any specifics. I am not critizing you nor your decision..just trying to understand it. We are way off topic here as this forum has to do with a vacant school board seat.
Gee then why is it that all the parents I talk to no nothing at all about cyber school? They don't know how it works? They don't know that they have extra help if children need it? They don't know that it doesn't cost them anything? Etc ... I'm just trying to pass along information. The key element here is that not everyone can manage the tuition costs of a private school. Here are some specific reasons that we left our school district: teachers that don't teach to the point where I spend my entire evenings and weekends reteaching, and lousy curriculum. There are other reasons of course however these are the most integral. Why do we send our children to school? To get an education. If this basic requirement is not being met then this is a problem..
Sick of Tired

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Oct 8, 2012
Sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>Gee then why is it that all the parents I talk to no nothing at all about cyber school? They don't know how it works? They don't know that they have extra help if children need it? They don't know that it doesn't cost them anything? Etc ... I'm just trying to pass along information. The key element here is that not everyone can manage the tuition costs of a private school. Here are some specific reasons that we left our school district: teachers that don't teach to the point where I spend my entire evenings and weekends reteaching, and lousy curriculum. There are other reasons of course however these are the most integral. Why do we send our children to school? To get an education. If this basic requirement is not being met then this is a problem..
If all the parents you talk to know nothing of cyber school or any other option available to them then that explains why their children are attending Ringgold. They apparently didn't do their homework. Your prior posts on another forum make it sound as if Ringgold did some horrid things to you and your children..If thats' true, it is appauling to say the least but if your sole complaint is that the basic requirements of education are not being meant,(not that I am underestimating your complaint) how long to it take you to figure that one out? As I have stated before as far as private school, if you have a strong desire to send your children there they will work with you on the tuition..you don't have to be a millionaire to attend. Have you ever checked into it or would you like to just complain that you can't afford it?
Opfart

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Oct 9, 2012
Maya wrote:
<quoted text> Move.....Whine....Whine ......Whine....
Mya go F yourself !!!!!!!
JaJack

Farmington, MI

#18 Oct 9, 2012
The thing with Ringgold is if your child wants eants to learn they can do well there. Cyber school will ultimately prove to be a failure. Not because of curriculum but because the learning process is much more than the curriculum. Private is always an option but expense and endless fundraising are real issues.
Uncle Joes arm pit hair

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Oct 9, 2012
I have to say it...
She Ott to know...
Fact and Truth are two different things, usually never in the same context.
Huh

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Oct 9, 2012
JaJack wrote:
The thing with Ringgold is if your child wants eants to learn they can do well there. Cyber school will ultimately prove to be a failure. Not because of curriculum but because the learning process is much more than the curriculum. Private is always an option but expense and endless fundraising are real issues.
..Never meant a elementary school-aged child that did not want to learn. Each child learns differently, there are some that learn slower than others and visa-versa. When I went to Ringgold this had a great impact on the ones that were slower at picking things up (especially at the high school level)..they were put in the back of the room and just passed on to the next year. The expense and endless fundraising is worth every bit of a private education..sure more money more work but the result is wonderful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fenced Inn 13 hr Terry 3
News 9 western Pennsylvania newspapers put up for sale Sun bubba 2
Route 136 Sun finally 2
Teachers strike Aug 29 Broken Arrow 10
ATTN BVA Teachers Aug 29 Broken Arrow 16
Code enforcer in monongahela !! (Aug '13) Aug 28 Terry 16
Park Ave not a racetrack!!!! Aug 27 CaCat 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Donora Mortgages