What grade do you give the board on i...

What grade do you give the board on it's decision to close Finley

Created by Cindy on Jun 14, 2012

442 votes

Click on an option to vote

A

B

C

D

F

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
John

Belle Vernon, PA

#1 Jun 15, 2012
Right or wrong this board has effectively split this community in half which ultimately is wrong.
Sigh

New Kensington, PA

#2 Jun 15, 2012
no, it's the unhappy few that are the problem, those stupid signs nobody can make sense of and the constant bashing of everyone that doesn't agree with them. They have made so many different threats it's hard to remember them all, the best one was the threat to leave, or seced or something...please go, then everyone's problems will be solved.
Gary

United States

#3 Jun 15, 2012
I think you just proved his point
Sigh

New Kensington, PA

#4 Jun 15, 2012
Whatever
donora girl

Monongahela, PA

#5 Jun 15, 2012
There has ALWAYS been a division. It didn't just happen. In school a few years ago I was from the "Ghetto" because I was from Donora. Don't fool yourself, this board did not divide this district, ignorance does.
Ringgold Mom

Monessen, PA

#6 Jun 15, 2012
The board did no split the district. These people who keep saying they are gonna eave te district did that on their own. The people who did not agree with them were treated like crap as if they wereot aloud to have their own opinion
Support The School Board

Rochester, PA

#7 Jun 15, 2012
I along with the majority of people I know LOVE the decision to close RMS (Finley) and reopen the elementary buildings in Donora and Monongahela as Intermediate and Middle Schools. The individuals who are threatening to sue, secede, cyber school, and move are the ones spliting the district NOT the school board. This board did what they promised when running for election. I supported them then, I support them now and I will support them in the future. To those unhappy 30 or so individuals that feel the need to repeat and rehash the same story every meeting, please quit teasing with your promises to leave and do it already. Then this district can once again work together toward a greater good.
John

Belle Vernon, PA

#8 Jun 17, 2012
The board is clearly uneducated and incompetent.
Sigh

New Kensington, PA

#9 Jun 18, 2012
another uniter heard from ^
Kerry

Monongahela, PA

#10 Jun 18, 2012
Wow John you must be one of the people who didn't get his way.
Gary

United States

#11 Jun 18, 2012
Hey looks like you folks may get what you asked for. I guess we will see how this ingenius plan works out. Better get your checkbooks out!!!! Time to pay up. I can't wait to watch this board cement its legacy.
DDr

Monongahela, PA

#12 Jun 18, 2012
Wasn't the check book going to have to come out either way? We just get to save around 10 million this way. Give the plan a chance.
really

Whittier, CA

#13 Jun 23, 2012
The Board did not cause the divide in this district it has always been here its been this way for years and years I have watched parents put children down because of the town they live in and this was before the school board even brought the opening of the schools up Its a shame its was like that when i was in Ringgold and yet 20 years later its the same way It is a shame there has always been a DIVIDE in this district but now that this has to make the news people need someone to blame so why not blame the board
Give this a chance and see how this turns out I believe it will be great for the school district
Reeper

Braddock, PA

#14 Jun 23, 2012
Gary wrote:
Hey looks like you folks may get what you asked for. I guess we will see how this ingenius plan works out. Better get your checkbooks out!!!! Time to pay up. I can't wait to watch this board cement its legacy.
..Poor Butt-Hurt Gary. Please put your pride and I am always right attitude away for awhile and try to actually listen to others' point of view. I for one am over-joyed that my children will not be in at risk of being swallowed up by the swamp in Finleyville..maybe it would happen, maybe it wouldn't. No one knows for sure. If there is the slighest doubt it is time to get out!..BTW I live in Eighty-Four and will be happy to put my children on the bus to either "Museum".
Gary

United States

#15 Jun 24, 2012
Good for you!!! You must be very proud. I am surprised that you allow your kids to ride a bus lest the road fall in!!! It might happen them again it might not. Some people crack me up. Good entertainment!!!
Terrible

Belle Vernon, PA

#16 Jun 24, 2012
The school board is TERRIBLE!! Finley should of been left open and just maybe try to save some $$$!! This is going to cost so much.

Support the School Board your crazy!
Gary

United States

#17 Jun 24, 2012
Thank you. You are 100% correct. This wreaks of contractor payoffs. Finley should remain open.
some cheese with that

New Kensington, PA

#18 Jun 24, 2012
Way to go Gary, you found one! Unhappy few +1 still does not = sense
Gary

United States

#19 Jun 24, 2012
You really think that a few people that debate on this site represent the district? You really are a babe in the woods.
some cheese with that

New Kensington, PA

#20 Jun 24, 2012
What does that make you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She's a BITCH Aug 16 Dis quested 6
VWF pro wrestling in New Eagle Aug 7 CheckThisOut 1
News Trump takes on trade deals in Pennsylvania speech Aug 1 Go Blue Forever 225
Italian restaurant in 70s Jul '16 deb 3
News Agressive-driving enforcement program launched ... Jul '16 Ziggy 2
Donora, Pennsylvania to Portland, Oregon (Apr '09) Jul '16 scan 8
Randy Morgan Jul '16 Veronica 1

Donora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Donora Mortgages