Windstream DSL service

Posted in the Doniphan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unhappy

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2011
Has anyone else in the Doniphan, Fairdealing, Oxly area noticed a slowdown in the evening hours of 8:00pm - 11:00pm. I have been having problems since Nov. 2nd and can not get Windstream to fix it. That type of behavior is typical of over subscription.

If you have Windstream DSL please run some speed and ping tests tonight at the above mentioned time and if your speeds are high or your pings are high, give Windstream a call and maybe we can get something fixed. Lets make sure we are getting what we pay for!

You can run tests at www.speedtest.net and ping tests at www.pingtest.net .

Greenbrier, AR

#2 Jan 13, 2011
Same problem here with Windstream. Called about a month ago and said they were working on it and to give it a week. Still slow! Definately not getting the speed that I am paying for.
yep

Greenbrier, AR

#3 Jan 13, 2011
I had the same problem too, after several calls I told them I expected a full refund of my dsl charges because they were not proving services that were agreed to, next thing I know my speed is above what Im paying for. They turn speeds up and down at peak hours. Also you may want to reboot your modem with the reset (little red button in hole on back), that seemed to help every once in a while.
SLOW

Harviell, MO

#4 Jan 14, 2011
Paying for 6 mb/s

Test results from speedtest.net :

download 1.71 mb/s
upload 0.60 mb/s
ping 66ms
here to

Bolivar, MO

#5 Jan 14, 2011
i been paying way too much to windstream for just 3 mbs and most time its slower then dialup, they also charge way too much for phone. everytime it rains my phone goes out.

Harviell, MO

#6 Jan 14, 2011
Who has the fastest internet service for this area? I have windstream also and it is not that fast. I reset my modem and that didn't work for me.
getting soon

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Jan 14, 2011
I am going to be getting Hughs Net Internet soon.
Unhappy

Greenbrier, AR

#8 Jan 15, 2011
I have been in contact with Windstream for a couple months now and just last night they informed me that they found a faulty router in this area and will be replacing it by Feb. 18th. Hopefully that will fix our problems.

We game online a lot and stream netflix movies so satellite is out of the question and wireless is not viable where I live.
Oh joy

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Jan 15, 2011
How come you cant watch netFlix on satellite?
Guest 42

Searcy, AR

#10 Jan 16, 2011
I have been tracking network speed for over a year now. The slow times are from 6am to 8am and around noon and then from 6pm to about 11pm. It is worse on weekends. The reason for this the bandwith is shared. It is like what the airlines do with overbooking, more tickets are sold than there are seats. About 7 or 8 months my speed picked up a little. I notice my ISP had changed from Doniphan to Little Rock. But I notice the speed is going down again. At first the switch to Little Rock brought me up to about 4.0 to 4.5. I am paying for 6. Since October I am down to about 3 on a good night or at 3am most of the time.
fraud

Greenbrier, AR

#11 Jan 20, 2011
they are commiting fraud pure and simple and getting away with it. Call them up and tell them you are going to turn them in to the better buiseness bureau. AT&T got sued for the same thing a few years back. Very few windstream customers are getting what they pay for.
larry

Enola, AR

#12 Jan 20, 2011
If i could change internet services i would. Windstream is at my house more than my kids. And still i never run over a speed of three. Even the phone company says it should be at 6. Then when you call they act like they do not know what you are talking about. And want to charge for a service call. And want to $10 off the bill. I pay 33 per mth and it only works at midnight. They suck but i do not have another choice! DO I?????
Unhappy

United States

#13 Jan 26, 2011
Unfortunately, a bill signed by Gov. Nixon prevents the Public Service Commission from getting involved. The BBB is pretty much a dead end too. All they can do it get you credited for downtime.
windstream customer

Greenbrier, AR

#14 Jan 26, 2011
Download 3.07 Mb/s

Upload 0.63 Mb/s

Ping 61 Ms
Guest 42

Searcy, AR

#15 Jan 26, 2011
Not bad if you are paying for 3Mb/s. I get that on off hours, but I am paying for 6 Mb/s.
windstream customer wrote:
Download 3.07 Mb/s
Upload 0.63 Mb/s
Ping 61 Ms
Not thrilled

Quitman, AR

#16 Jan 27, 2011
I have been having the same problem but now it's not just at night when our DSL is slow now its everyday and it freezes up every second i try to play games on facebook or try to get on myspace to check emails.Our windstream DSL box keeps on having a short in the cord each time i turn it on i have to keep on plugging it in 3 or 4 times just to get it where it don't show wireless i try to listen to my music it makes the song freeze up its crazy!!!!!
Starbucks

Elgin, OR

#17 Jan 27, 2011
Why not just drop DSL service and go satellite? It may be more expensive but the speeds are fantastic.
Unhappy

United States

#18 Jan 27, 2011
Satellite is a latent connection. Sure you can surf but there is more to the internet than surfing and alot of that requires a nonlatent steady connection.
Archon

Addy, WA

#19 Jan 29, 2011
Unhappy wrote:
Satellite is a latent connection. Sure you can surf but there is more to the internet than surfing and alot of that requires a nonlatent steady connection.
If you think satellite is just a latent connection, you're dead wrong. I can do anything you can do with the internet at speeds approaching T-1.
Navigator

Jackson, MO

#20 Jan 29, 2011
Archon wrote:
<quoted text>If you think satellite is just a latent connection, you're dead wrong. I can do anything you can do with the internet at speeds approaching T-1.
It's a "latent Connection"....I.E. you can't play games online like HALO or Call of Duty....too much latency....so no, you can't do every thing....Hook your XBOX up see how much you can't do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elementary Teacher 4 hr I know 35
Coruption Ripley county / Doniphan city police (May '13) 15 hr yes 184
Church 23 hr Chuck 5
Has anyone seen any black panthers (the animal ... (Feb '12) Fri D Kneale 58
chipper nance (Feb '12) Thu guest 18
Dollar Tree Thu guest 6
Demi Brasser Wed Stop being a hater 4
Doniphan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Doniphan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?