Another bomb threat found at middle s...
I also heard

Seattle, WA

#21 Nov 11, 2008
someone wrote:
They must have gotten the one that did the threat at the high school today because on the scanner at about 3:05, one of the officers was taking a juvenile to the police station, then heard them taking the juvenile on to Poplar Bluff.
I believe this is true. From what I'm hearing, Mrs. Barnett was on it very quickly and got to the bottom of it before school was dismissed. Way to go Mrs. B. When I have my doubts, you end up proving me wrong at how quickly you respond when our kids safety is at risk. Sure am gonna miss you next year!
former DHS student

AOL

#22 Nov 11, 2008
makes sense wrote:
Don't you think that if a kid was serious, they wouldn't leave a threat and they would just do it?
When I was a freshmen at DHS in 2001 a guy that I went to school with wrote a " hit list " of everyone he wanted to kill. Needless to say , he acted out on the first student on his list ,but got his a&& whupped instead and kicked out of school. Was his threats taken serious? I don't know , but I do know this same guy killed his father a little over a week ago and had threatened to do it before. So , no I don't agree people will just act out and do it if they truely mean it. They seem to leave some sort of warning before they do it. I think we just ignore most of it.
mom of hs student

Alto, NM

#23 Nov 11, 2008
they took all the kids to the gym, if there was a bomb (God forbid) that cant be the safest place for our children. they also went thru everyones purses, backpacks, and lockers. Atleast they are being through. I got a call from the automated system on the bomb threat at the jr high last week, but not the high school today (where my daughter is) This happened last year at this same time. I heard the same boy who discovered the threat then also discovered it this time too.
New to Doniphan

Normangee, TX

#24 Nov 12, 2008
I spoke with Dr. Hagar (middle school principal) this morning, and he told me he has narrowed the list of possible "suspects" to two kids and they are now waiting on the handwriting comparison. Sounds like they are on top of the situation now. I really hope this will be the last time this happens. I think these kids should never be allowed to attend this school again.
mom of hs student

Lula, GA

#25 Nov 12, 2008
But they are. The boy they expelled for last years bomb threats at the middle school is back right now. Its hard to know if it is just a kid wanting to get out of school, or goofing off, or if it is someone who actually has the mindset of hurting other children. I found out why they dont take the children out of the building. Because I beleive it was Colombine, they had a bomb threat, took the children outside, and they boys ambushed them with guns. This is a scary world we live in.
LiarLiar

Durham, NC

#26 Nov 12, 2008
It was not Columbine, it was a school in Arkansas.
Crowbait

United States

#27 Nov 12, 2008
mom of hs student wrote:
But they are. The boy they expelled for last years bomb threats at the middle school is back right now. Its hard to know if it is just a kid wanting to get out of school, or goofing off, or if it is someone who actually has the mindset of hurting other children. I found out why they dont take the children out of the building. Because I beleive it was Colombine, they had a bomb threat, took the children outside, and they boys ambushed them with guns. This is a scary world we live in.
I think you're thinking of Jonesboro, AR. There two young boys in the middle school pulled the fire alarm and then ambushed the students when they came outside. At Columbine two students attacked the other students at lunchtime.
Crowbait

United States

#28 Nov 12, 2008
former DHS student wrote:
<quoted text> When I was a freshmen at DHS in 2001 a guy that I went to school with wrote a " hit list " of everyone he wanted to kill. Needless to say , he acted out on the first student on his list ,but got his a&& whupped instead and kicked out of school. Was his threats taken serious? I don't know , but I do know this same guy killed his father a little over a week ago and had threatened to do it before. So , no I don't agree people will just act out and do it if they truely mean it. They seem to leave some sort of warning before they do it. I think we just ignore most of it.
Former DHS student is right. Most students leave some sort of sign that they are struggling - it is up to adults and other students to report any sign of trouble. Teachers and staff should be especially alert on dates such as the Columbine massacre, Oklahoma Federal Builing bombing, Redrum day, etc...This is where a school resource officer comes in handy. They should stay on top of that sort of thing. It's sad but that's the way it is in the world today.

Since: Nov 08

Coffeyville, KS

#29 Nov 12, 2008
All Right wrote:
Cameras in the bathroom? Wouldn't it solve a BUNCH of things?
are you serious how about we put cameras in your bathroom.. this a major invasion of privacy.
concerned mom

Columbia, MO

#30 Nov 12, 2008
They could put a camera just in the main part, not the stalls. Then if a note is left in a certain stall, they could see who has been in that stall. I would rather them do this, then one day these just not be "threats", think of the safety of our children.

Since: Apr 08

Vilonia, AR

#31 Nov 12, 2008
mom of hs student wrote:
It was Jonesboro, Arkansas that this happened, but it may have happened there too.

Vilonia, AR

#32 Nov 12, 2008
mom of hs student wrote:
they took all the kids to the gym, if there was a bomb (God forbid) that cant be the safest place for our children. they also went thru everyones purses, backpacks, and lockers. Atleast they are being through. I got a call from the automated system on the bomb threat at the jr high last week, but not the high school today (where my daughter is) This happened last year at this same time. I heard the same boy who discovered the threat then also discovered it this time too.
Well who did the bomb threats last year. I have heard rumors but not specifically
mom of hs student

Pangburn, AR

#33 Nov 12, 2008
I beleive his first name was Ryan. My daughter said they took a boy named Cody away in a cop car today. His mother was there too. My daughter said she heard he confessed to doing the one last year that Ryan got blamed for. Appearantly, he wanted to get out of detention opening day of deer season and thought he could get them to close down the school again this year like they did last year. Again this is all just hear say.
New to Doniphan

Conway, AR

#34 Nov 13, 2008
I heard the Ryan that did this last year was going to the alternative school.....
mom of hs student

Pendergrass, GA

#35 Nov 13, 2008
I'm not sure, but several kids I know in jr high said he is back in the regular school. Also, the rumor is that he was innocent, that the boy Cody confessed to it when questioned by the cops yesterday at the hs(with his mom there). Apearntly he (cody) is the one who "found" both notes in the restroom. I guess they thought it was too much of a coinsidence and questioned him on it.
concerned mom

Columbia, MO

#36 Nov 13, 2008
mom of hs student wrote:
I'm not sure, but several kids I know in jr high said he is back in the regular school. Also, the rumor is that he was innocent, that the boy Cody confessed to it when questioned by the cops yesterday at the hs(with his mom there). Apearntly he (cody) is the one who "found" both notes in the restroom. I guess they thought it was too much of a coinsidence and questioned him on it.
My son was at the jr high last year and is at the High School this year. Last year when the threats happened, it was going around among the kids that Cody was the one that done it, but Ryan got the blame. When it happened this year, the kids automatically thought it was him, seems like maybe it was. Hopefully now they will stop, and we don't have to be afraid to send our kids to school.
mom of hs student

Pendergrass, GA

#37 Nov 13, 2008
Yes, I hope so too. Mabe all the kids seeing him taken away in a police car will make them realize it's not a joke or a way to get out of class. It is a very serious and terrifying thing.

Ruidoso, NM

#38 Nov 14, 2008
Do you mean Cody Tucker?

United States

#39 Nov 14, 2008
I meant Cody Walker it's one in the same
andrew

Taylors, SC

#40 Nov 16, 2008
yo "maybe you should" i was a student at doniphan middle school until last march and they got 5 bomb threats in a month and every time the do that they never took us out they always put us in the gym and locked us in there if there would have been a bomb in there we would have been screwed one time we were taking the map test and there was a bomb threat and they didnt say crap to any of us they kept to them selfs i got a text from my mom saying that she was comeing to get me i answered it cause i knew sumthing was up i asked her y she was going to come and get me and she said they didnt tell u i said no and after she came and got me she told me what was going on i think that if the school bored is stupid enough to threaten every kids life in that school then they need to all be put in that school while there is a threat and see how every danm kid felt that was in that school even the teachers most of the time didnt know what was going on and the kid they accused of doing them b4 and now they r saying sum other kid is doing it i think they r just picking the kids at random and if they ever would have accused me i would prosacute every single one of them so dont say they got them off the property cause unless u were in there u would never know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
xbox 360 6 hr Applegate 1
Amy Holland 7 hr Just stop 6
When is he headed to jail 8 hr A friend 20
topanga thompson (Jul '16) 9 hr wtfe 43
Gossip Gossip Gossip. 9 hr hypocrite 3
Need a Seamstress 13 hr Dog Lover 1
School employees Oct 15 Curious 1

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance