Another bomb threat found at middle school

Posted in the Doniphan Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
New to Doniphan

Buffalo, TX

#1 Nov 10, 2008
So, does it irritate anyone else how the school and local law enforcement have handled the bomb threat that was found in a bathroom at the middle school on Friday Nov 7th? I always thought a bomb threat was to be taken seriously. Instead, all they did was evacuate only the middle school, and did a basic search. If there really was a bomb, a lot of children would have been injured, depending on the size of the bomb. The elementary wasn't even evacuated, but they could have been affected if there really was a bomb. These days, a threat like this should be taken very seriously. Maybe bring in a dog or robot or something. Obviously if someone is disturbed enough to even make a threat, they could definately be disturbed enough to go through with it.
Just Here

Bee Branch, AR

#2 Nov 10, 2008
Yes you are right. But last year the kids made these by writing on the bathroom wall. This is what happened this time too. Last year it happened and they got out of school for doing it. So this was repeated. This time they were evacuated, the building was searched then they returned. Children just don't see the seriousness of the situation. Just a free day out of school.

BUT you are right. One of these days it will be a disturbed child who is serious. And really will bring a bomb to school.

Thats why it really is important to teach kids not to cry wolf.
makes sense

Rainbow, TX

#3 Nov 10, 2008
Don't you think that if a kid was serious, they wouldn't leave a threat and they would just do it?
dog handler

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Nov 10, 2008
I agree with "makes sense". If someone is going to do it then they are not going to advertise it.
STILL

Kopperl, TX

#5 Nov 10, 2008
It does make sense, that if someone was going to do it they wouldn't advertise it STILL can we afford to take that chance? The chance being taken is the lives of numerous children. Our children.
daisybell

Baird, TX

#6 Nov 10, 2008
Uh Hello? There was another bomb threat this year? Excuse me, but i have children in the elementary and I didn't know anything about it. I believe that if there was something like this to happen they should have made a note about it and sent it home with all children to let their parents know what took place at school that day.
I agree

Mifflinburg, PA

#7 Nov 10, 2008
yes there was a threat on Friday I know a few people that got phone calls from the automated system but I didn't.
wonderwoman

Greenbrier, AR

#8 Nov 10, 2008
I got a phone call from the automated system and it said they found a bomb in the boys bathroom in the middle school at 1:30 friday. The did remove all middle school students to safty while they searched the school, They did go through my daughters locker and gym bag. When nothing else was found they put them back in class. It was under investgation said the phone call.
Just curious

Lorenzo, TX

#9 Nov 11, 2008
my daughter just texted me and was wondering about bomb threat at high school today???
New to Doniphan

Buffalo, TX

#10 Nov 11, 2008
Sorry, but there are no rules when someone decides to do something crazy. I'm sure someone somewhere has made a threat, and then followed through with it whenever they decided to. To believe that this was just a child being silly, is ignorant. Maybe "makes sense" and "dog handler" have never heard of the saying "to ASSUME = making an ASS out of U and ME", or how about "it's better to be safe than sorry". And the kids have to make any missed days up in the summer, so it isn't like they really get a day off. I think it's BS that the people who are responsible for keeping so many children safe are taking this bomb threat so lightly. It's just really disappointing on so many levels. If anything ever does happen, I will be contacting a lawyer to sue every person who made the decision to ignore this threat and make sure they never work at a school where they are responsible for children's lives.
Maybe you should

Columbia, MO

#11 Nov 11, 2008
EVERY BOMB THREAT IS TAKEN SERIOUSLY. That's why the staff ALWAYS evacuate the kids and the buildings are swept from top to bottom.
sheeple sheeple

Nocona, TX

#12 Nov 11, 2008
Maybe you should wrote:
EVERY BOMB THREAT IS TAKEN SERIOUSLY. That's why the staff ALWAYS evacuate the kids and the buildings are swept from top to bottom.
The kids at the high school were not evacuated they were herded into the gym.
Who is doing the bomb sweeping?
All Right

Vilonia, AR

#13 Nov 11, 2008
Cameras in the bathroom? Wouldn't it solve a BUNCH of things?
blondie

United States

#14 Nov 11, 2008
this is also scary to me too. i was not informed until my nephew who is in middle school told me. i have a child in elementary also. i get automated calls all the time about pta and such so i think that i should get one about a bomb threat. i got one when that truck hit in between walnut street residential care and the votech school that they evacuated everyone. they should let the parets know these things.
sheeple sheeple

Nocona, TX

#15 Nov 11, 2008
All Right wrote:
Cameras in the bathroom? Wouldn't it solve a BUNCH of things?
You can not possibly be serious!!!
Because

Wappapello, MO

#16 Nov 11, 2008
sheeple sheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids at the high school were not evacuated they were herded into the gym.
Who is doing the bomb sweeping?
Most of the time they are not going to evacuate kids to outdoors anymore. If you think back to the Jonesboro shooting many years ago, the boys rang the fire alarm, the school was evacuated, the kids were shot when they stepped outside.
that sucks

Greenbrier, AR

#17 Nov 11, 2008
and to top it off there was another one today at the high school
JUST WONDERING

Faridabad, India

#18 Nov 11, 2008
something should be done about this!!!!!!!
concerned mom

Buffalo, TX

#19 Nov 11, 2008
My kid was questioned today, just wondering if anyone else was. This really ticks me off, because I know he didn't do it. Someone needs to come forward because innocent kids are getting accused. Does anyone know if they think the one at the high school was done by the same person, or some friends? Can't they take fingerprints or look at the videos from the cameras in the hallway instead of pulling kids out of their classes and making them look guilty?
someone

Glen Rose, TX

#20 Nov 11, 2008
They must have gotten the one that did the threat at the high school today because on the scanner at about 3:05, one of the officers was taking a juvenile to the police station, then heard them taking the juvenile on to Poplar Bluff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elementary Teacher 2 hr Name 43
What do you think about Charlie Johnson? (Nov '09) 9 hr Jackson 19
Toyota Rav 4 for sale Wed Interested 2
do you no this person (Dec '13) Wed super mommy 16
dawn shipman Tue sweet momma 2
little learners daycare Tue Curious 12
ar-15 parts??? Tue colt 2
Doniphan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web