Bums at Casey's
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Works for a Living

Vilonia, AR

#1 Mar 30, 2013
Really wish they could get rid of the bums hanging around outside Casey's asking for cigarettes and money. It's really irritating when you just need to run in there for something to be harrassed!
joe

Vilonia, AR

#2 Mar 31, 2013
Works for a Living wrote:
Really wish they could get rid of the bums hanging around outside Casey's asking for cigarettes and money. It's really irritating when you just need to run in there for something to be harrassed!
Don't go there, it's that simple
wait

Vilonia, AR

#3 Apr 2, 2013
we shouldn't have to change store because of these punk kids begging or hanging around the store I understand there not much to do in Doniphan , but I know for a fact they have built a skate board ramp for the skate boards and all they did is tear it up they are why the city or county don't want to help the young kids out because they tear up stuff and bring drugs in, were are the parents at .
Confused

Doniphan, MO

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Define bums? You got people on the street pushing stale doughnuts.. People standing outside of stores wanting money for charities. If you don't know how to walk past people and ignore them you need help. I have to take of my family first. Sorry for all the folks wanting money I don't have for the church I don't go to.
Works for a Living

Damascus, AR

#5 Apr 2, 2013
Bad thing is I'm not talking about the teens (even though they are a pain too!), but grown "men" standing out there wanting you to provide for them. And yeah, I could go to a different store, but why go out of my way when I'm on my way to WORK when these bums have nothing better to do than harass hard working people!
Confused

Doniphan, MO

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Sorry misunderstood I can suggest handing them flyers for food kitchens. After a couple of these they will stop.
FYI

Rose Bud, AR

#7 Apr 2, 2013
The main ones is the couple that live behind Casey's Charlie Willcut and Tisha Taylor! They have been banned from Casey's all together. They are not suppose to even cut across the parking lot or they go to jail. Oh course that is their second home (jail that is). Neither one works they beg and steal for drug money and cigarettes when the food stamps run out and they can't trade for them. They need to enforce the going to jail part. Then there is the bunch from the Rock house (Kenny Reynolds)none of those people work but they will nickle and dime you to death for money to buy booze. This goes on all day every day. Why should we have to put up with people wanting change or cigarettes when we are trying to pay for gas? Kick them all out or give them a broom to clean the parking lot and some windex since they want to hang out there!
resident

Fairdealing, MO

#8 Apr 3, 2013
That's what's wrong with this town. The law enforcement don't do their job and this town is going to hell in a hand basket. Between the drugs, ho's and murders this place is ALOT worse than when I grew up.
Guestorian

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Apr 3, 2013
What law enforcement? They are a joke.
Developer

Greenbrier, AR

#10 Apr 4, 2013
Guestorian wrote:
What law enforcement? They are a joke.
You whiners are the joke; you sit around and moan and groan about law enforcement while you fight any increase in taxes to pay for law enforcement. The jail is full all the time! There is no more room. If you want to put someone in you first have to let someone out; but ask the voters like you for more tax money to build a bigger jail or add more law enforcement officers to the force and all you get is obnoxious whining about how taxes are too high already. Well, mebucko, you don't get what you don't pay for for, so suck it up and stop begging for something you are not willing to work for.
Ace

Greenbrier, AR

#11 Apr 4, 2013
Developer wrote:
<quoted text>
You whiners are the joke; you sit around and moan and groan about law enforcement while you fight any increase in taxes to pay for law enforcement. The jail is full all the time! There is no more room. If you want to put someone in you first have to let someone out; but ask the voters like you for more tax money to build a bigger jail or add more law enforcement officers to the force and all you get is obnoxious whining about how taxes are too high already. Well, mebucko, you don't get what you don't pay for for, so suck it up and stop begging for something you are not willing to work for.
Excellent point! The ones complaining about those wanting 'something for nothing' are the same ones who want smaller govt, are the same ones who want the government to do what THEY want it to do but not help the ones they look down on.
joe

Quitman, AR

#12 Apr 4, 2013
resident wrote:
That's what's wrong with this town. The law enforcement don't do their job and this town is going to hell in a hand basket. Between the drugs, ho's and murders this place is ALOT worse than when I grew up.
Spoken like a true moron! Don't like how they do the job then get off your deadbeat butt and go through the training and show us how you think they should do the job. Well, providing you could even get through the training.
not suprised

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Apr 4, 2013
There is a little truth in each of these post. The reason we are having so much more crime is because we have let so much go on with out consiquinces. There has been so much talk about the rock house over the last few years that surely if they are doing illegal things the law would know it and if they don't and haven't done anything then yes they aren't doing there jobs. My sujestion is this, why don't make some of the repeat offenders do time on the weekend for two or three months. They did that years ago for a few poachers. And they didn''t like it. First few they thought it was funny but after about the 3rd weekend it become punishment as it should have been. I don't claim to have the answers but i think we all agree that something needs to be done because it is hurting our town and i am sure it hurts cassy's.

Conway, AR

#14 Apr 5, 2013
People start wanting to raise taxes when people start running down the police. How much tax money do they already get? How much state, federal and grant money do they receive? Are they using it to the best benifit? When the jail burned down and they could have added on, then why did they not? The Rock House has been known to be an infestation for many years. Any users needing a place to stay can stay there. Several of the past ones staying there are in prison right now, but only because they ventured into another county. Does Casey's have a no soliciting sign up? Always tell them no, you do not have enough to go around for your family, that they need to go do some work for their money, like you do. Afraid of them? Conceal and Carry, go pass the test so you can.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#15 Apr 5, 2013
Guest has made a good point when it comes to telling the "bums" that hang around Casey's NO to change or a cigarette, eventually when they see you they will quit asking for it. As for the cops when they are called they come to Casey's and handle the "bums" and move them on. The workers at Casey's will make the "bums" move on too when it is brought to their attention that they are hanging around outside askng for change or cigarettes. You could also call the cops yourself and let them know about the "bums" and give them the opportunity to do their jobs.
fyi

Leslie, AR

#16 Apr 5, 2013
FYI wrote:
The main ones is the couple that live behind Casey's Charlie Willcut and Tisha Taylor! They have been banned from Casey's all together. They are not suppose to even cut across the parking lot or they go to jail. Oh course that is their second home (jail that is). Neither one works they beg and steal for drug money and cigarettes when the food stamps run out and they can't trade for them. They need to enforce the going to jail part. Then there is the bunch from the Rock house (Kenny Reynolds)none of those people work but they will nickle and dime you to death for money to buy booze. This goes on all day every day. Why should we have to put up with people wanting change or cigarettes when we are trying to pay for gas? Kick them all out or give them a broom to clean the parking lot and some windex since they want to hang out there!
fyi kenny has been trying to clean up since last summer today he is 5 days sober. U shouldnt run ur mouth about people when u have no idea whats going on
Works for a Living

Quitman, AR

#17 Apr 5, 2013
The officers in this county aren't the problem. When they do arrest these "bums" and dopeys and thieves, what happens to them?? If they even get to court, they get a slap on the wrist and put "on probation", even if they are already "on probation" for doing the same thing!! These people know they can bum, steal from and cheat people and nothing will be done to them. And yeah the rock house and the grey house behind Casey's are the two biggest problems! Oh and as for "fyi", for Kenny to clean up the rock house, he'd have to kick his dopey, thieving kids out first!!
fyi

Leslie, AR

#18 Apr 5, 2013
Works for a Living wrote:
The officers in this county aren't the problem. When they do arrest these "bums" and dopeys and thieves, what happens to them?? If they even get to court, they get a slap on the wrist and put "on probation", even if they are already "on probation" for doing the same thing!! These people know they can bum, steal from and cheat people and nothing will be done to them. And yeah the rock house and the grey house behind Casey's are the two biggest problems! Oh and as for "fyi", for Kenny to clean up the rock house, he'd have to kick his dopey, thieving kids out first!!
looks like u still dont know whats going on cause him and two more are trying to live right. Few mistakes but r really trying. Theyve even been going to church.
This aint mayberry

United States

#19 Apr 5, 2013
You should feel safe in your home town. You should not have to hurry to pump gas & get out of there because you see a guy hanging around, kids walk up to him, talk for a second, him take something from his jacket, & them give him cash... Im not saying it was drug deals ..... But theres not much else it could be. We should feel safe here. Not afraid we will get hurt because we witnessed a drug deal trying to fill up the tank . Our police dept needs to be patroling that area often to slow it down. This isnt some big city.
just sayin

Quitman, AR

#20 Apr 5, 2013
Kenny is always trying to sober up and he will be back at Casey's buying is half pint or can of beer in a few days. I wish him lots of luck on kicking the old habit he has. And as for church Jesus always wants to save the wayward so I know his heart will be convicted eventually. But his kids do need to go out on their own and try living their life with out mom and dad there, also try living an honest life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best lawyers (Nov '08) 3 hr oily 34
stop all hunting with dogs (Mar '10) 10 hr Shorty likes dogg... 19
Narcissistic Mothers Endanger And Abandon Their... (Mar '11) Tue Dickmonkeys 194
abusive cops (Sep '09) Tue Dickmonkeys 18
Who is Marie Ormsby? (Aug '08) Mon GOOSE 47
MEGAN C PAISLEY interesting (Jan '14) Mon LOOSEY GOOSE 48
annette hinkle-white (Sep '13) Mon LOOSEY GOOSE 24

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Doniphan Mortgages