dexter

Vilonia, AR

#1 Sep 21, 2011
I was talking to this older lady and i asked her what she thought the solution was to fixing the country. She began ranting and raving about how the Bushes have destroyed it. I told her that was not what i asked. Was she confused by what i asked or just stupid? She then began to explain to me how the Government should strong arm all copmanys that have gone over seas and forcefully make make them come back to America. Then she said any body that is rich must be a crook or they would not be rich and that the Government should focus on them and force them to pay higher taxes and to not allow them to relocate when the taxes become to great for them to handle. I asked if she had ever read the Constitution of the United States and she said (no why)? I propose that the Government require an IQ Test before voting.
Ben There

Puyallup, WA

#2 Sep 21, 2011
Dexter, don't you know that GOD loves stupid people? HE must, because HE sure made a lot of 'em....
citygirl

Harrison, AR

#3 Sep 28, 2011
dexter wrote:
I was talking to this older lady and i asked her what she thought the solution was to fixing the country. She began ranting and raving about how the Bushes have destroyed it. I told her that was not what i asked. Was she confused by what i asked or just stupid? She then began to explain to me how the Government should strong arm all copmanys that have gone over seas and forcefully make make them come back to America. Then she said any body that is rich must be a crook or they would not be rich and that the Government should focus on them and force them to pay higher taxes and to not allow them to relocate when the taxes become to great for them to handle. I asked if she had ever read the Constitution of the United States and she said (no why)? I propose that the Government require an IQ Test before voting.
Dexter, why did you choose the stupid person in the room, on the street, or, sadly, in your office to ask this question to? I think I'd quote Forrest Gump for you here - "Stupid is as stupid does." Don't be so stupid next time.
citygirl

Harrison, AR

#4 Sep 28, 2011
In answer to your question, "what is the solution to fixing the country?" It's a really stupid question, because there is no one fix, or a quick fix. Even if you asked this question of an intellectual, it would be a dissertation length response. You set this stupid person up from the beginning by asking a very stupid question.

Be succint, to the point, and less broad in your question. For instance, "What do you think is the solution to outsourcing?"

Hope this helps you - you very stupid person :)
wtf

Doniphan, MO

#5 Sep 29, 2011
You should have just asked her about her grandchildren,[email protected]!
jim

United States

#6 Sep 29, 2011
citygirl wrote:
In answer to your question, "what is the solution to fixing the country?" It's a really stupid question, because there is no one fix, or a quick fix. Even if you asked this question of an intellectual, it would be a dissertation length response. You set this stupid person up from the beginning by asking a very stupid question.
Be succint, to the point, and less broad in your question. For instance, "What do you think is the solution to outsourcing?"
Hope this helps you - you very stupid person :)
So what are some of the things you would do yo fix the problems?? Anwers please?? No BS either citygirl.
wtf

Doniphan, MO

#7 Sep 29, 2011
Cut some heads off and the rest will fall in line,works every time!
jim

United States

#8 Sep 29, 2011
wtf wrote:
Cut some heads off and the rest will fall in line,works every time!
That is exactly what will happen one day if people dont stop blaming other people rather then doing what it takes.

United States

#9 Sep 29, 2011
If you protect stupid people you only end up with more stupid people. Natural selection is the answer!
citygirl

Harrison, AR

#10 Oct 3, 2011
jim wrote:
<quoted text>So what are some of the things you would do yo fix the problems?? Anwers please?? No BS either citygirl.
First, ask more of people seeking public election than same old, same old political rhetoric. Ask specific questions: What would YOU do about outsourcing our middle income jobs to third world nations; What is YOUR solution to the special interest hold on our elected officials; etc.

As I said, Jim, there is no one solution or fix to the problems we have. Since we are not the elected persons, we rely upon those who are elected to act on our behalf, and to put forth legislation that reflects the needs, goals, and ideas of their constitutent body in the majority of that body. They will not make everyone happy; impossible task. But they certainly can vote in a way that demonstrates the majority thinking of their constituents. That is why they were elected.

Second, Jim, the people must begin to move towards and elect officials who will put the people back in charge of their government. Our forefathers came together as elected officials because there were no modes of mass communication to facilitate the "majority" desire of the people on legislative issues. Today, that problem no longer exists; we can communicate with the masses in the push of a button. The people can decide issues that are important to us as a nation. We move to eliminate, first, the House of Representatives, where the legislative process begins, and WE, the people, form discussion groups, legislative production, etc., via the internet. While the resources in this country is quickly dwindling, there is no lack of intellectual resources in all segments of American scoiety to debate, dissect, and initiate legislation on behalf of ourselves; and, then, to VOTE, as a whole people.
citygirl

Harrison, AR

#11 Oct 3, 2011
What does this do for us, Jim?
1. it eliminates the impact/influence of special interest
2. it makes us, the people, responsible for our own destiny as a nation
3. it involves the people in the decision making processes of our country

I am sure that other "thinkers" out there can add on to this list of what it can do for the nation to put control of the nation back in the hands of the people.
citygirl

Harrison, AR

#12 Oct 3, 2011
Right now, Jim, in the way of current presidential candidates, we have just one man who has demonstrated - and I emphasize the word "demonstrated," a desire to represent the people of this nation in the majority of the people; that is Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a TX Republican (works for Ripley Co), who has been in the U.S. Senate for enough years to have the experience that Obama lacked when he was elected; and who actually has voted on legislation in a way that reflects the goals and needs of his constituents. SEE http://www.issues2000.org/Ron_Paul.htm

He has NEVER voted on a tax increase, and he has doable ideas for eliminating the U.S. income tax system. I would encourage anyone interested to read about him.
citygirl

Harrison, AR

#13 Oct 3, 2011
Now, Jim, why will Ron Paul probably NOT win election?

1. He does not have the image/look of a presidential person. He is not handsome, tall, and (though I personally find him charismatic)lacks the appeal to people in the way that past presidents who F'd us do. I give you Bill Clinton, who initiated and passed NAFTA, which screwed Americans royally, and now has a coffee plantation in Rwanda, the country that as a president, he took zero action on preventing more than a million people from being killed in an attempt to eliminate a group - we call that genocide, right? Bill Clinton's spokeswoman, at the time, said they were seeking to "define" genocide. Bill Clinton has said, in his book, that he regrets not having taken action in Rwanda; and, says now, that the coffee plantation is his way of providing jobs and contributing to the economy of that country. My own opinion is that it is his outlet for laundering the payoffs.
citygirl

Harrison, AR

#14 Oct 3, 2011
As you can see, Jim, there is no one solution to the problem without a dissertation. And, of course, my response reflects my own individual understanding and opinions.

Our country has always, from the start, been about the majority opinion/ideas, etc. IF we put the house in the hands of the people, we will see legislation that reflects the Majority of the people.
Doniphan Person

Greenbrier, AR

#15 Oct 5, 2011
dexter wrote:
Dexter, as ol' Ron White would say "You Can't Fix STUPID"!!! So this person has to be a lost cause at best!!!
just cause

Greenbrier, AR

#16 Oct 6, 2011
Doniphan Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Dexter, as ol' Ron White would say "You Can't Fix STUPID"!!! So this person has to be a lost cause at best!!!
I totally agree, you CAN'T fix stupid!!!!!! It is what it is....
LOL

United States

#17 Oct 7, 2011
citygirl wrote:
As you can see, Jim, there is no one solution to the problem without a dissertation. And, of course, my response reflects my own individual understanding and opinions.
Our country has always, from the start, been about the majority opinion/ideas, etc. IF we put the house in the hands of the people, we will see legislation that reflects the Majority of the people.
Are you high?
LOL

United States

#18 Oct 7, 2011
citygirl wrote:
Right now, Jim, in the way of current presidential candidates, we have just one man who has demonstrated - and I emphasize the word "demonstrated," a desire to represent the people of this nation in the majority of the people; that is Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a TX Republican (works for Ripley Co), who has been in the U.S. Senate for enough years to have the experience that Obama lacked when he was elected; and who actually has voted on legislation in a way that reflects the goals and needs of his constituents. SEE http://www.issues2000.org/Ron_Paul.htm
He has NEVER voted on a tax increase, and he has doable ideas for eliminating the U.S. income tax system. I would encourage anyone interested to read about him.
They all make promises, when they get to D.C., they figure out real fast how the good ole boys work and either reform or end up out.

Did u know that only one president in the united states was born in a hospital? Carter

A high percentage of President's never worked in the private sector.

The best looking and azz kicking bull shidder's, stand the greatest chance of winning. It's all about perception.
Forrest Gump

Ford City, PA

#19 Oct 10, 2011
Gotta love Mr. Gump, when all else fails, fall back on Forrest!!! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doniphan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panhandlers 4 hr King of Rats 36
Trying to contact relatives of.... 5 hr KnowMo 13
Looking for couple 9 hr Xgirl 5
ghost and haunted houses................ (Jul '09) 9 hr Desperate to know 76
Jw wood works Mon hotstuff 2
Ripley Co Drug Addicts Mon EMERGANCYGUARDIAN... 38
Two Brothers appliance Mon Bad biz plan 2

Doniphan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance